Maybe another slight engine tweak...

So then....

For those of you who aren't my friends on Faceboob.... the results are in.

Bill stayed a bit later than normal last night to give my car a good hiding on the dyno, for which I thank him.

Initial results were worrying... rich as hell and making a very non impressive 330 bhp ish. :-/.

So, after much faffing about, testing the fuel pressure to try and figure out where this extra fuelling was coming from - Bill found the problem in the end. My unisettings settings were completely wiped. I don't know how this happened, but that's where the fuelling problems stemmed from.

I did have a backup file from before fitting the manifold (fortunately) which I flashed back to the ECU.

Rerun gave a still very rich 400 flywheel BHP - which made me happier.

After some tweaking of fuelling, and timing advance, ended up with a output of 444.9 BHP and 330 ish ft/lbs.

Delivery is very different to before with the new inlet manifold - torque peaks right at the top of the rev band which makes it really good to drive, a completely progressive pull from start to finish.

Boost still down at around 26 PSI - so I now need more of that.... Mwhahahaha.

sounds amazing Wellyboots!

I wonder if there is any merit to these high performance manifolds on lower output engines like mine. Whilst I'm not at the limits of my AGU inlet, I like the idea of opening up torque at the top end.

Was that price you got a standard price from the states? or a lucky one off?

I wonder if there is any merit to these high performance manifolds on lower output engines like mine. Whilst I'm not at the limits of my AGU inlet, I like the idea of opening up torque at the top end.

That's about what they cost from the states, plus delivery. I did get this one as a lucky one off in the UK to be fair. Are you still using an AGU manifold on yours dude?

I've also thought about this and a bigger TB but I need to stop spending unnecessarily :)

444bhp is a bit immense. My lowely ~275bhp (or whatever ~220gs actually is) feels quick enough. 450 must be insane.

some numbers from yesterday to before obx
DynoIT%20-%20S300YES-obx.jpg

welly-obx.jpg

Agreed. I'd be interested if proven at the 300bhp level.

Agreed. I'd be interested if proven at the 300bhp level.

I'm not 100% sure what would happen with these at the 300 BHP level.

You have to bear in mind with my build that the inlet manifold was previously a choke point in the setup - so this will have made a big difference.

The large port head and big intercooler etc were connected via a small inlet manifold with small ports. All this has done is freed up the intake to allow air to flow easier and without restriction.

To be fair, I would imagine that gains would be seen, but not quite to this extent.

Someone is going to have to take the plunge and buy one, not me for a change.

You can have my s4 maf as of from Tuesday

To be fair mate, it's not looking like I need one immediately. I do plan to up the intake size at some point, however the ECU is still managing to fuel correctly despite the MAF being maxxed out from 5500 RPM.

It is clearly doing this via witchcraft.

I'm not 100% sure what would happen with these at the 300 BHP level.

You have to bear in mind with my build that the inlet manifold was previously a choke point in the setup - so this will have made a big difference.

The large port head and big intercooler etc were connected via a small inlet manifold with small ports. All this has done is freed up the intake to allow air to flow easier and without restriction.

To be fair, I would imagine that gains would be seen, but not quite to this extent.

Someone is going to have to take the plunge and buy one, not me for a change.

Thanks wells. Appreciate it.

How much are these things?

2ltr stroker, HTA3071 from an LCR we did over the last few weeks

got to luv the stroker an d HTA unit... very nice delivery
2ltr-vs-1800-bt.jpg

DynoIT%20-%20hta3071-fp_green.jpg

Last edited:
lol, all the torque, none of the traction.

Awesome bit of gear though, a setup that worked REALLY well.

thats just the point on that one..
2wd, lots of power and torque...
boost was brought in progressively because its fwd... and in dry is not as bad as you would think... forget the wet however.

quattro ftw (even pretend quattro, lol)

mint welly congrates on the figers bet your please. would one of these be any good on a hybrid set up then welly laorge port