idiot RS3 owner

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
so i was driving home after work this week and go past the local polish "hand car wash" and see a 12 plate audi RS3 there waiting to be ruined by the local polish car washers i felt like stopping and showing them what they do to paint work some people just havent got a clue have they :( :(

Reactions: Sandra
they dont have a clue do they? i saw them washing a bentley once... dropped the mf mitt on the floor... and started scratching the paint work again... well if the owner is dumb enough or rich enough to take it to the cheapo wash im sure they could probably shell out for another one... yeh no brainer really... how stupid can u get? r u that tight or stupid or lazy or may be too high or careless?

Some people shouldn't be allowed to own an audi, let alone a RS3.

i know tell me about it mate makes me sick because im one of the ones who has to fix it once its ruined lol

If you look at it from another angle it keeps you in a job fran :)

Reactions: FranA3
i know tell me about it mate makes me sick because im one of the ones who has to fix it once its ruined lol

But you do it so well Fran. Just look at your car, its a great example of your skills. :) x

Reactions: FranA3
But you do it so well Fran. Just look at your car, its a great example of your skills. :) x
aww thank you sandra i do try too she aint looking too clean or mint at the min though my ocd is going nuts at the min because i cant wash her till i take her to work on friday lol x

yep i cringe just driving past this joke of a car wash

......should have left your calling card on the RS3 Fran :laugh:

i seen an audi r8 v10 in one of them hand wash places before. and it was black. i was like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Company car drivers don't care, I had various company cars, from Vectra up to Mercs, and I didn't want to spend hours cleaning someone else's car.

Reactions: shady-ninja
That's a bit judgmental isn't it? I'm sure most would do an acceptable job...
That depends on what you see as acceptable. I'm sure the car looks clean, and to a certain extent is. But it's the damage that's done to the paint when not using a proper washing technique. At first it won't be visible, only under lights and close up, but over time the paint will become dull and lack any kind of depth. For someone like fran who details for a living that's just not acceptable. I cringe if I park under street lights and I can see any swirls in my paint. And even though you'll save a bit of time and money at the local rape and scrape (like it!) when the damage starts to notice, it's respray time or full correction. Neither are cheap.

Before I picked mine up the previous owner gave it to the same people, we spent 12 or so hours machine polishing it back to be acceptable. They ruined it without doubt.

I love these 3 quid carwashes! My Passat goes to these quite regularly, good thing it's Silver! lol wouldn't take my S3 there though... saw a Ferrari 360M getting washed at the same place! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

jhan1007ljpg.png

O my god ! that some poor ownership right there ! but what a turn around it looks better than new . make me want to sort my paintwork out ! But with a low amount of work at the mo the hard ride im getting is first in the books and the bumpers that were raped by the last owner.

you should see the VW toureg we not long finished it was a right mess as the owner washes it with a brush lol i cringed when he told me how he washes it lol

you should see the VW toureg we not long finished it was a right mess as the owner washes it with a brush lol i cringed when he told me how he washes it lol

NOOOOOO ! That's BAD ! Where does some peoples common sense go ?????? Just had a little mooch on your site nice work matey, Good prices too shame im the other side of the country.

Look at it this way then, keeps you in a job and in your Audi!

:icon_thumright:

i dont really gove a **** what other ppl do with there cars

If I can't be bothered to wash it myself, there's only one place I go to wash my car Rainbow next to Ace Cafe, it doesn't matter if I'm in a £500 or £50,000 car I still wouldn't use the polish wash brothels lol.

Sorry to have to disagree with you all but there are actually some perfectly good reasons why these car wash places (or some of them at least) are actually really good.

I have had lots of nice cars and I do take pride in them. I like my car to be clean and well looked after. When I stayed at my parents house this was very easy, they have a nice big driveway and I used to be able to get all my cleaning gear out and give the car teh attention it needed.

I then moved to Glasgow and I stay in a first floor flat with no parking. As much as I would love to wash my car daily like I used to its just physically impossible not to mention dangerous ! To wash it at my house I would need to be running back and forward from the flat to the busy main road where it is parked then try to clean it whilst avoiding being knocked down by cars and buses screaming past only millimeters away !

The bottom line is that without the hand car wash place round the corner my car would be filthy as I have nowhere I could get to easily to clean it myself. The one I use is run by some Arabs and I must say the service is fantastic. They basically use a two bucket method as well as multiple stages of jet washing and snow foaming. All for the sum of £4 which is more than fair.

I have no doubt that accidents do happen but I have used this same car wash for about 2 years now and had no issues. Yes my car has a few swirl marks but I think you need to remember folks that most people buy their car to drive it not sit and stare at the paintwork !

If it was between not having my car washed at all due to the fear of it getting marked or using the guys down the road you cannot possibly sit there and tell me I would be better off leaving it dirty for weeks at a time !

I completely understand that some peoples cars are "show" cars and thats fine, its your choice. But I have far more respect for people who actually use these cars for the purpose they were made than those who feel the need to wrap them up in cotton wool and cry at the thought of getting them dirty.

Similarly I have nothing against these detailing companies that do all this paint correction stuff. One of my friends even does it on the side and I have had some of my cars "detailed" by him before going to shows or car events. But if it wasnt for the people like me who do use the cars then you guys doing the "detailing" would not have any work to keep you in business !

Last edited:
Great post Steve, my S3 is hand washed by myself only with the 2 bucket method! My Passat work horse goes to the local carwash £3 at a time for the last 10 years. It's a balancing act.

Thats it Jo, I still wash mine myself if I am over at my parents etc but in a normal week my car gets dirty using it for work so it gets cleaned by the Arabs. I would rather have it cleaned by them than have it sitting covered in bird crap, muck and road residue ! these are all things that do far more damage to your paint than a sponge !