Number plates???

Number plates with or without Euro/GB blue section

• Total voters

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
I'm going to invest in some new number plates, just want to know whether people think plates with the euro/GB blue section looks better than just having your reg number on it's own??

No blue EU sign. Just traditional plain jane with maybe a border if it takes your fancy. Job done.

And there was me thinking that people were going to say to go for the blue bit.

Might give that plate tape a go, cheers mate :icon_thumright:

Depends if you drive your car in continental Europe at all. I do, several times a year, so having the EU plates saves me having to have a seperate black and white GB sticker stuck to the car or to a window. Sometimes the French police can get very 'upset' about UK cars leaving the ferry terminals without EU plates or a legal GB sticker. Virtual all new cars in Europe have EU plates these days.

Wouldn't be without my integrated GB sticker on the plates now. I used to use an oval stick-on one, but used a trick with vaseline to stop the sticky residue being left when I took it off.
That was until it blew off and I got stopped by the gendarmes. Not my happiest experience abroad

as a couple people have said go with the pressed ally plates from dubmeister as they look really good, but id say go with the euro bit as well, but thats personal pref
if u want to see what teh look like ive got a couple of photos up in A3 photo sticky on the main page, either on the last page or teh one before if you want to see what they look like :icon_thumright:

Agree with the pressed plates from Dubmeister. I have them. Very subtle but i like.

Dealer plates all the way for me... I happily paid that little bit extra than Halfrauds to have the Audi rings along the bottom of my plates... and no EU bar either!

Pressed plates with the Blue section mate, My bro has some, looks mint, im going to order some pressed stylees soon, but still in two minds on a personalised plate, so no point ordering my new plates just yet...:jump:

Well, if I didn't drive abroad regularly I'd have plain plates, no Euro/GB. As someone else said, without the Euro/GB the foreign rozzers get a bit upset. Plus our reg's look nothing like any European reg so it is somewhat conspicuous not to have the mandatory Euro/GB.

Hmmmmm.... :think: :confused:
If this was an 'Ask the audience' lifeline I'd be phoning a friend right about now!

For something as simple as this I just can't make up my mind! And now I've got to consider pressed plates too!! :banghead:

PS: I don't drive abroad at all.

as far as pressed plates go.... there is no consideration its a must ;) haha
they really do make a massive difference
the reason i got the euro as well, i do drive abroad, but i also think it looks better as i think there is too much white / yellow on the plates so it breaks it up a bit

as far as pressed plates go.... there is no consideration its a must ;) haha
they really do make a massive difference
the reason i got the euro as well, i do drive abroad, but i also think it looks better as i think there is too much white / yellow on the plates so it breaks it up a bit

Just had a look at your photos..... and you are right........... those plates could be the ones!!!

I'd need the surrounds as well though I guess??? My plates are just screwed on at the moment.

Jungleman im the opposite to you. I love the look of free space on a plate with no GB's (i dont drive abroad). I have a private plate and am looking at another private plate aswell which only has 4 characters, its 6K!

Jungleman im the opposite to you. I love the look of free space on a plate with no GB's (i dont drive abroad). I have a private plate and am looking at another private plate aswell which only has 4 characters, its 6K!

I'm seeing your point too. I'm going for a private plate also, 5 or 6 characters, and I think the more 'free space' there is the more it enhances that private plate look.

So.... pressed plates without the gb/euro section has it's nose in front at the moment.

i wanted a private plate as well. found one that spelt my name but that was pushing 20k so i can forget that haha
and as well ive got an odd set on initials.... many thanks to my surname so rally hard to find anything that works... sucks!! :(

Shortened plates FTW:

13082009.jpg

When I was a Mercedes owner it was a recognised mod on one of the forums to filt dealer plates to your car and I've been doing it ever since.

I think it's a nice subtle touch... especially if you have a private plate to show off. It also gives the impression that you bought the car new or nearly new from your local Dealer.

Untitled-102.jpg

N8, Isnt that an instant fine and points for parking next to a bin? ha

LOL.

The reason I ask is that I would love to get a reduced size plate, but I know, thats as soon as I do, I will get pulled by the fuzz!!

LOL.

The reason I ask is that I would love to get a reduced size plate, but I know, thats as soon as I do, I will get pulled by the fuzz!!

I've heard that if they catch you they punch you in the face and then crush your car, with you still in it.
Not sure how true that is though.

5 characters in my PP. Full size, no EU section. I'm with you aythree in that a large plain section makes the PP stand out more. :icon_thumright:

I think the law is the distance surrounding the letters and standard font or something like that.

all about the german pressed plates, german font with audi gmbh surrounds, my mates just had them done for his e30 m sport (obv with bmw surrounds) they looks the dogs..... :icon_thumright:

I think the law is the distance surrounding the letters and standard font or something like that.

Thats correct. There is no standard size required. The law requires the standard typeface, standard spacing between and around the letters. The plates must also have the postcode of the supplier and the British Standard No on them and of course be relective yellow at the back and white at the front. The EU/GB blue flash is opitional.

My plate is 100% road legal

Cool, well if thats the case, where can I get plates made up, legally with correct spacing etc for when i get my PP.

Thats correct. There is no standard size required. The law requires the standard typeface, standard spacing between and around the letters. The plates must also have the postcode of the supplier and the British Standard No on them and of course be relective yellow at the back and white at the front. The EU/GB blue flash is opitional.

Thanks for the info.:icon_thumright:

I will have to get a pic of my bros car with pressed plates, sexy!! (With the GB sign)

here are my dubmeister plates with the euro band :icon_thumright:

_PRZ7188.jpg

_PRZ7189.jpg

I just got mine sent over from Ireland
web.jpg

30 bucks for the set inc postage and a set of surrounds.