The S4 build wait thread

I paid for mine to get 'speedy boarding', but then I forgot to backhand Stobarts for the same service so they dragged it behind a cluster of tortoises all the way from the docks!.

Well Rich, looks like Thursday is the big day for us! Hopefully there is still time for a few more of you to join us.

I've seen cars PDI'd and delivered same day, so why it takes almost a week?????

I would of liked to do that myself. Sounds sad but would be awesome pealing all the stickers and protective stuff off the car and then giving it a good detail.

Can't wait to detail it though, I'm a Swissvax fan and about to restock the Swissvax shield at £130 a tub but it lasts quite a while

Roll on 6 sleepless nights....

Reactions: Keef, scotty76 and warren_S5
Just had an email, really thought it was going to make my Friday but no, still in Emden.
Been 'at port exit' since the 7th now - Isar Highway is just loading up at Emden so was hoping it would be on that

Well turns out my dealer got it wrong! Sent me another screen shot yesterday, and it was shipped on Friday so should've landed on Saturday. hoping for an email tomorrow to confirm. Dealer hopeful for collection week after next...but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: warren_S5, Rich M and scotty76
Well turns out my dealer got it wrong! Sent me another screen shot yesterday, and it was shipped on Friday so should've landed on Saturday. hoping for an email tomorrow to confirm. Dealer hopeful for collection week after next...but I'm not holding my breath.

Great stuff Keef. I would expect you would be getting it anytime next week then so not long to go now!

I'm hoping my Autostyle mats arrive this week and my AWE S-Flo intake system. Weather has been great this weekend, shame that this week it turns a bit dodgy and rain forecast for pickup day but guess I cant have it all

Reactions: Keef and warren_S5
Great stuff Keef. I would expect you would be getting it anytime next week then so not long to go now!

Its at Grimsby and the transporter order is dated today!
Lets hope Eddy pulls his finger out!

Reactions: warren_S5, Rich M and scotty76
Well its been 15 days for me so far since build if that helps mate.
Dealer is hopeful they will have it next week.

Get your dealer to email you screen shots of the vehicle status.

Reactions: scotty76
Build week for me. Wonder how long until I get it.

Going off mine/warrens/keefs, seems to be around 4 weeks from when it gets to Checkpoint 8. Most of the time it is sat at the docks awaiting transport. Probably would be less if the PDI wasn't a week long!

Reactions: warren_S5 and scotty76
Newbie here tend to spend time on rs246.
Just wanted to ask if your dealer is Tom from Huddersfield? Have an rs4 on order and it's at Grimsby now waiting for transport. So if you see a sepang blue rs4 next week let me know and take a pic!. Probably pick up for me on 31st

Well i've just had a surprised call from my dealer....

My car was built last week! And is currently in transit down to the docks. He said it will be there for a couple of days and then ferry across to Grimsby, then a few days there before making its way to Huddersfield :)

Had such a crap week at work that this has cheered me up for sure

Rich

Reactions: Rich M
Newbie here tend to spend time on rs246.
Just wanted to ask if your dealer is Tom from Huddersfield? Have an rs4 on order and it's at Grimsby now waiting for transport. So if you see a sepang blue rs4 next week let me know and take a pic!. Probably pick up for me on 31st

Oh nice an RS4 :drool: and you have gone for an awesome colour too. Bet you can't wait to hear that V8 soundtrack

I dealt with a chap named Andrew Wilkinson, top guy and has kept me up to date throughout the process.

And......ONLY 2 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :racer:

Reactions: warren_S5, Keef and scotty76
My AWE S-Flo kit has just arrived from Regal-Auto, just the Autostyle mats to arrive now.

Will post pics later!

This is one that I have been looking forward to getting, hopefully a little more SC sound and a tiny few more HP. Not expecting a great deal of HP increase though because all the air still has to pass a strange layout of pipework prior to hitting the airbox which seems to be the biggest restriction. I guess an open cone one is where you would expect more benefits but I was wanting to keep the factory look.

Reactions: warren_S5 and Keef
My AWE S-Flo kit has just arrived from Regal-Auto, just the Autostyle mats to arrive now.

Will post pics later!

This is one that I have been looking forward to getting, hopefully a little more SC sound and a tiny few more HP. Not expecting a great deal of HP increase though because all the air still has to pass a strange layout of pipework prior to hitting the airbox which seems to be the biggest restriction. I guess an open cone one is where you would expect more benefits but I was wanting to keep the factory look.

Don't think any of the air filters make much on these, certainly not double digit gains. My Revo CAI on the S3 made over 20bhp which was phenomenal (with Turbo back exhaust), but I'm note expecting anything like that from S/C engine. Superchargers seem to have have a more linear spool and top out at less RPM (limiting air draw), and the convoluted air intake channel is always going to disrupt air flow as you ideally want the minimum number of turns into the inlet. That said it will sound quite a lot better once you ditch the resonators. Interested to see what you think.

Here we go:

Img12

Well, went to the dealers today to pay the deposit etc with the intention NOT to see the car. Oh how I failed...

Andrew said lets go for a walk, took me round to the car and well I won't be able to sleep tonight

Still in the wrappings as you can see and chocks in the springs making it look like an A4 Allroad but was good to see it in the flesh

Img1 Img2

Img3 Img4

Img5 Img6

Img7 Img8

Img9 Img10

Img11

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, Keef, warren_S5 and 1 other person
Wow, loving that. Not sure about the cardboard mats though! :) And I spy lots of toys. No sleep for you!

Wow, loving that. Not sure about the cardboard mats though! :) And I spy lots of toys. No sleep for you!

Yea I went a bit mad with the spec list to be honest but those Super Sport seats, glad I added them because they look and feel the business

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
You dawg! Looks lovely. I should have had the S4 Avant if I'm honest as I cart bikes about, but like a bell*** I melted when I saw the coupes profile.

Very nice spec indeed, plenty of gadgets on show there. Less than 48 hours chap and you'll be rollin'!

I can almost smell that new car smell thumbing through those photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Rich M
Looks awesome mate, great to see another Avant!
Seats look the mutz nutz.

I'm going in on Saturday to sign the paperwork and drop off my RS4 steering wheel for fitting.
I know damn well it hasn't been transported yet, but i couldn't help stalking the PDI centre this afternoon.
Two transporters unloading but no sign of stobbard trucks.

Reactions: Rich M, DAYTONA 500, warren_S5 and 1 other person
i couldn't help stalking the PDI centre this afternoon.
Two transporters unloading but no sign of stobbard trucks.

I feel so much better you did this too!

Thanks! Yes can't wait especially since the initial order was placed end of December with another dealer.
Hope you get some info soon. Good guys at huddersfield and I'm based in London but they gave me a good deal and seemed on the ball. Better than the London dealers who think they're gods gift to humanity.

Oh nice an RS4 :drool: and you have gone for an awesome colour
too. Bet you can't wait to hear that V8 soundtrack

I dealt with a chap named Andrew Wilkinson, top guy and has kept me up to date throughout the process.

And......ONLY 2 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :racer:

Congrats. Really nice.

Here we go:

View attachment 33832

Well, went to the dealers today to pay the deposit etc with the intention NOT to see the car. Oh how I failed...

Andrew said lets go for a walk, took me round to the car and well I won't be able to sleep tonight

Still in the wrappings as you can see and chocks in the springs making it look like an A4 Allroad but was good to see it in the flesh

View attachment 33833 View attachment 33834

View attachment 33835 View attachment 33836

View attachment 33837 View attachment 33838

View attachment 33839 View attachment 33840

View attachment 33841 View attachment 33842

View attachment 33843

Excited Rich?

You bet I am. Keep looking at my pics from yesterday. Feels strange at the moment knowing I'm going to be driving this awesome machine tomorrow.

I suspect warren is also pacing around his living room to pass the time. I tell you what though this week feels like it has dragged on and on lol

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and scotty76

Come on Rich - Must be time for another update??

Todays, the day right?
Have great day mate - enjoy it!

Looking forward to the unwrapped pics..

Reactions: Rich M and scotty76

Come on Rich - Must be time for another update??

Todays, the day right?
Have great day mate - enjoy it!

Looking forward to the unwrapped pics..

Unfortunately at work until 12, so hoping to get to the dealers at half 12.

Very tired this morning, not because I was thinking of the car lol but was working till midnight last night and also my 5 month old daughter wouldn't go back to sleep after her feed, then I was back at work for 6am

Will get pics up ASAP when I take them at the dealers.

Unfortunately at work until 12, so hoping to get to the dealers at half 12.

Very tired this morning, not because I was thinking of the car lol but was working till midnight last night and also my 5 month old daughter wouldn't go back to sleep after her feed, then I was back at work for 6am

Will get pics up ASAP when I take them at the dealers.

My eldest daughter was asking me if parents would like an off switch for their babies a bit like her Tiny Tears doll has. I said all parents would like that feature. :)

Reactions: Rich M and Keef
My eldest daughter was asking me if parents would like an off switch for their babies a bit like her Tiny Tears doll has. I said all parents would like that feature. :)

Kids Uh!

Potentially I could be collecting my car next Saturday 31st! which happens to be my sons Birthday!!

my 5 month old daughter wouldn't go back to sleep after her feed, then I was back at work for 6am

She'll sleep like a princes in the back of that Avant!

Reactions: Rich M and scotty76

Lol that would be ideal, especially at night when we need sleep.

Hey Rich don't make any critical decisions this morning!

I won't mate, I have topped up on americano with extra shots and now high as a kite

Kids Uh!

Potentially I could be collecting my car next Saturday 31st! which happens to be my sons Birthday!!

She'll sleep like a princes in the back of that Avant!

Hope it does come soon mate, can't be long now it's on UK soil

Also my stomach is all butterfly-ish with anticipation unless it's my coffee lol

Reactions: scotty76
Looks ace Rich! Nice view out the window too. :)

I'm gonna be on my own in here soon!

We will keep you company and help you through the wait.

Also not sure why my phone has rotated the pics on submit

I had that issue with photobucket a while back. It decided it knew best and would auto rotate things but its guessing was lousy as to what needed rotating.