The S4 build wait thread

I think that means I miss MY2015 changes by 1 week! I think they are from build week 22 and next week is build week 21. I can live with that.

I think that means I miss MY2015 changes by 1 week! I think they are from build week 22 and next week is build week 21. I can live with that.

Nice one mate, I was originally worried about MY 15, however after seeing the extent of the changes I wasn't bothered.
Sooner the better!

Reactions: scotty76
Agreed. Would rather get the finance deal which was dependent on car being registered by end of June which hopefully is more likely now. Fingers crossed!

Mine was originally week 21 but has slipped to week 22 still hope to have before the end of June as I am off on holiday.

My small collection of "mods" are almost here (although it won't beat warrens)

- Supercharged wing badges
- 034 Motorsport transmission mount (thanks to Cuppa for this awesome deal)
- Audi valve caps (actually forgot to order these with the car, but will probably end up being nicked anyway lol)
- Autostyle mats (as used by Cuppa/Warren. I have attached the logo to this post I used for anyone who wants it)
- AWE S-Flo induction kit

I promised myself I wasn't going to spend on mods with this car but once you buy one thing, thats it you can't stop

Matlogo2

Reactions: scotty76 and warren_S5

- Audi valve caps (actually forgot to order these with the car, but will probably end up being nicked anyway lol)
- Autostyle mats (as used by Cuppa/Warren. I have attached the logo to this post I used for anyone who wants it)

I promised myself I wasn't going to spend on mods with this car but once you buy one thing, thats it you can't stop

View attachment 33507

Nice one, good to see some proactive modding going on, always helps kill the insane boredom of the 'big wait'.

I had a set of the valve caps nicked when parked up at Corfe Castle of all places (hardly crime central), but am going to chance my luck with another set for this car (the valve pressure ones).

Interested to see what you think of the S-Flo, did you go with the carbon one of the other one? I'm tempted by the cheaper one.

Reactions: Rich M
Nice one, good to see some proactive modding going on, always helps kill the insane boredom of the 'big wait'.

I had a set of the valve caps nicked when parked up at Corfe Castle of all places (hardly crime central), but am going to chance my luck with another set for this car (the valve pressure ones).

Interested to see what you think of the S-Flo, did you go with the carbon one of the other one? I'm tempted by the cheaper one.

Indeed I went for the ala carte version. I did mull for ages on getting the carbon version but I couldn't justify the extra £300 for something I wouldn't see much of. £300 can go a long way with other mods (ie towards a remap). The good thing is that AWE sell the carbon cover separately so I can always bolt on later down the line.

Reactions: warren_S5
I'm gonna be keeping mine standard until the warranty is gone at least. I just can't afford to have a warranty claim rejected should I need to make one as this car is at the limit of my finances.

I think I better get watching videos on what all the toys do. My B7 has no options so nothing to play with hence nothing to learn. The B8 should be a bit different. Bring it on!

Reactions: warren_S5 and Rich M
I'm gonna be keeping mine standard until the warranty is gone at least. I just can't afford to have a warranty claim rejected should I need to make one as this car is at the limit of my finances.

I think I better get watching videos on what all the toys do. My B7 has no options so nothing to play with hence nothing to learn. The B8 should be a bit different. Bring it on!

I know where your coming from mate, it's the most i've spent on a new car and there are a lot more things that can go wrong especially with having quattro and all the gubbings such as the centre diff and sport diff etc.

However - this is one car I haven't really heard of any real horror stories and the engine seems to be pretty much bomb proof too.

I guess a lot of it though comes down to how well you treat the car. Look after it and it will work flawlessly but if there is no mechanical sympathy then things can go wrong a lot quicker.

Revo have had a couple of these cars on the bounce, and they've been taken to Brunters (V-Maxx), the Ring (track testing & PR), and most of the UK events (GTi / ADi) where they have all done some form of quarter mile or track running.

Of all the cars they've run they've said it's been one of the most reliable to date. The 3.0V6 lump is running fairly conservative power. With a S/C strapped on it outputs less BHP than the old BMW M3 E46 straight six normally aspirated engine in the CSL version (355bhp).

The current S5 is rated at 330bhp, predominantly shows 350+ on dyno lottery, but was positioned into a 'slot gap' to make it fit nicely into the Audi hierarchy between the various models. I think it could comfortably run 400bhp without any issues at all (from factory) if it didn't sit uncomfortably close to the RS V8 (and it enabled better eco figures).

If I believe there to be a weaker point I think it's likely to be the transmission. It's very good, but it's often the first part of many cars to suffer when power outputs are increased significantly. I hope with regular servicing and considerate driving that it should be OK, but I'm going to set aside a pot just in case the worse happens. Given I drive it pretty conservatively day to day and only really stretch it's legs on track or autobahn the exposure to extreme running conditions should be <2%. A bit of mechanical sympathy goes an awful long way, but you can't always make allowances for mechanical failure.

The current S5 is rated at 330bhp, predominantly shows 350+ on dyno lottery, but was positioned into a 'slot gap' to make it fit nicely into the Audi hierarchy between the various models. I think it could comfortably run 400bhp without any issues at all (from factory) if it didn't sit uncomfortably close to the RS V8 (and it enabled better eco figures).

Now I have heard stuff around on the net about power figures for this unit, so 333ps is what Audi put this as but many out there making more than claimed figures it seems? I wonder maybe they give it a bit more to make up for drivetrain losses being an AWD setup?

Now I have heard stuff around on the net about power figures for this unit, so 333ps is what Audi put this as but many out there making more than claimed figures it seems? I wonder maybe they give it a bit more to make up for drivetrain losses being an AWD setup?

I think with any less BHP it would have felt a bit toothless. If I'm brutal I don't think (because of the cosseting over-engineered feel) it feels that quick now. I think my S2+ S3 would have had it up to 100, and definitely felt more lively in the midrange. It's a hulk of a thing (size and weight wise), and some of that is down to transmission. The S5 is 200kgs heavier than the FWD base model! To feel properly 'quick' this car needs a 4 at the front of it's BHP figures. With a 3 it just feels rapid.

View attachment 33507

Stop tempting me to spend more money!
Valve caps!! I forgot valve caps!

No more news from my dealer but suppose to be phoning today to let me know his trade-in offer (I now it'll be a joke)
The past few days, only one ship has been going from Emden to Grimsby, it was two!

Keef..... £21....

4l0071215__20195_zoom.jpg

When the TPMS play up as it occasionally does it's your second checkpoint validation as to whether tyres are OK (until they get nicked!)

Reactions: Keef
Keef..... £21....

4l0071215__20195_zoom.jpg

When the TPMS play up as it occasionally does it's your second checkpoint validation as to whether tyres are OK (until they get nicked!)

Thanks Warren - £21 from dealer or on line?

Don't worrry - got em!

I bought mine direct from dealer when I ordered the car (they're due to come on the car). I also ordered a rubber floor mat for the boot as I've seen some ropey carpets on second hand ones, and the rubber mat has grooves to stop stuff rolling around in the boot.

Actually I lied. they're £22 for ones with tyre pressure monitor (P/N: 4L0071215A), and £18 for ones without monitor (P/N: 4L0071215).

I'd also quite like the LED 12V torch (£21, P/N: 4F0947175) tht goes in the cigarette lighter:

1399__34965.1353954888.1280.1280.jpg

Reactions: Keef and scotty76
UPDATE: Car still at Emden! boo....

On a brighter note, dealer has offered me £20k for my current car - worth a bit more, but cant be ***** with the hassle of a private sale.
WBACs valuation was £21.5, so I will go and se them, but I'm sure they'll try and knock it down

On a brighter note, dealer has offered me £20k for my current car - worth a bit more, but cant be ***** with the hassle of a private sale.
WBACs valuation was £21.5, so I will go and se them, but I'm sure they'll try and knock it down

Keef, do you know when the car got to port exit? Mine arrived at Emden on 02/05 and was stuck until 10/05 waiting for a ship

EDIT: sorry got it from one of your previous posts (07/05). I would expect that your car would get loaded this week

Last edited:

I'd pay £1.5k not to cross the path of a private buyer. It's almost a tonic to part-ex with the dealer at a loss rather than be insulted by tyre kicking and ridiculous offers on my home turf! I used to swear by Auto Trader in my 'yoof', but these days you get more calls from 'middle men' than real interested buyers. The ones who do turn up start getting twitchy about a few bonnet chips on a three year old car and seem to want to insult you rather than buy the car. I was having a similar conversation with Scotty the other day, hence why I don't even try and sell on here!

Yep I'm losing interest in selling mine privately based on the 2 conversations I've had with potential buyers.

I've listed a fair few parts on here and can honestly say the Audi-Sport classifieds are a waste of time. Particularly for anything less than 5 years old with a value in excess of £100. I ended up selling through RS246, eBay or other forums.

Reactions: t955daytona and warren_S5
I've listed a fair few parts on here and can honestly say the Audi-Sport classifieds are a waste of time. Particularly for anything less than 5 years old with a value in excess of £100. I ended up selling through RS246, eBay or other forums.

I sold more bits through people finding out my car was for sale (the vulture syndrome) than I did through advertising it. I just have the turbo back Blueflame system to sell and then it's all gone. Exhausts are hard to post so I'm not fancying that much!

Well the time is almost here!

Just got a call from the dealer. Car on route to dealers in next few days and getting my reg number tomorrow and my 7 days driveway insurance - ready for collection next Thursday woop

Rich

Well the time is almost here!

Just got a call from the dealer. Car on route to dealers in next few days and getting my reg number tomorrow and my 7 days driveway insurance - ready for collection next Thursday woop

Rich

Great news!

...so my cars 5 days behind yours right??

And mines in the UK and nowhere in sight. Fingers crossed for you gents, I doubt if mine arrived tomorrow at dealers I'd get it by Thursday!

And mines in the UK and nowhere in sight. Fingers crossed for you gents, I doubt if mine arrived tomorrow at dealers I'd get it by Thursday!

Don't give up hope yet mate, from what my dealer was saying it prob won't arrive until a few days time. I don't know how long it takes the dealer to do the PDI etc that they need to do but sounds like they can maybe turn them around pretty quickly once delivered

Good to know; bit dogged off with dealer who isn't returning calls or mails to give any indication of progress but when I start camping in the coffee lounge I'm sure they'll prioritise the PDI!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich M and DAYTONA 500
Mine is still due to be built next week (week 22) but dealer very quiet! Must admit to a bit of jealousy ;-)

Good to know; bit dogged off with dealer who isn't returning calls or mails to give any indication of progress but when I start camping in the coffee lounge I'm sure they'll prioritise the PDI!

Look on the bright side, you sold the Blueflame! :icon_thumright:

Just had an email, really thought it was going to make my Friday but no, still in Emden.
Been 'at port exit' since the 7th now - Isar Highway is just loading up at Emden so was hoping it would be on that

That suck **** Keef, not what you need to be hearing.

If there is one thing all this waiting has made me realise is that when a customer is spending serious $ that it would be better to be able to look up on a system how the transition of the delivery process is going. The data sits within the systems already, all they would need to do would be to add an interface in the Owners area where you could type in your VIN and it would take the single data field from their online database. Even if there was a lag e-mail sent rather than an immediate response on screen (say within 10 minutes) at least the customer could self sooth(!) and leave the salesman to sell. I'm going to put it forward as a proposition to Audi UK and see if they reject it like they have all my other ideas (the last one was about opening the Quattro rooms in West London for customer visits at weekends). I got a polite 'no thanks, but if you wish to hire it as a corporate location during the weeks we'd be happy with that'. Never know, if they find the idea compelling then they may eventually take it up.

Reactions: Keef
Just had an email, really thought it was going to make my Friday but no, still in Emden.
Been 'at port exit' since the 7th now - Isar Highway is just loading up at Emden so was hoping it would be on that

That sucks major balls does that.

There seems such inconsistency when delivering their vehicles. Warrens was built at the same time as mine but yet his is stuck down Sheerness, yours only a few days behind mine but stuck over at Emden. Did they not give you a rough idea when it might be loaded on a vessel?

When I called my dealer on the 8th he seemed to have an idea when it was getting loaded and sure enough it got loaded on the 10th

I agree with warren though that it would be good to have something where you could check that status and would cause less hassle for both customer and dealer. I'm sure I read somewhere that BMW have something like this in place where you can even see how far it is down the prod line.

Can you get it delivered via amazon prime? :)

I paid for mine to get 'speedy boarding', but then I forgot to backhand Stobarts for the same service so they dragged it behind a cluster of tortoises all the way from the docks!.

Well Rich, looks like Thursday is the big day for us! Hopefully there is still time for a few more of you to join us.

I've seen cars PDI'd and delivered same day, so why it takes almost a week?????

Reactions: scotty76 and Rich M