Lightweight alloys

devonmikeyboy

As far from JBS as possible !
Reaction score
I am after some 18" lightweight alloys for my Audi A3. I have been looking at the usual OZ Ultraleggera in black which the best price i can find is at Rimstlye for £1169 HERE. Anyone know of where to get Ultraleggera`s at a better price or suggest any other good light alloys?

Have a look at the Team Dynamics range, the Pro-Race series are very light. Also have a search for ROTA, they are a very well priced japanese brand of lightweight rims.

If you're after OZ, speak to Revolution in Gateshead - they're usually quite competitive on wheels, and are top guys. Never heard a bad thing about Rimstyle either to be honest.

Have a look at the Team Dynamics range, the Pro-Race series are very light. Also have a search for ROTA, they are a very well priced japanese brand of lightweight rims.

This man speaks the truth. I had Team Dynamic Pro Race 2's on my old car and you could literally pick them up with 1 finger.

Checked out the prices and Rimstyle are a lot cheap by several hundred when you count in good tyres then Revolution but thanks for the suggestion.I have seen Team Dynamic Pro Race 2's but don`t know the weight of the alloys plus OZ look much better quality but something to think about. Just checking out ROTA now.

@kaz219 If you have a word with your mate about his alloys as i need two sets of alloys really.

ROTA don`t do Audi fitments apparently according to Revolution.

Oh right, my mate has some on his 8L S3. Maybe they only do 5x100 which is a popular jap fitment too.

Ended up ordering some black 18" OZ Ultraleggera`s with Falken FK452 tyres from Rimstyle for £1259 plus £25 P+P. Will post some pics up when they turn up.
oz_ultraleggera_mblk_ci3_l.jpg

They look nice! Good price also by the looks of it!

They do look good :D

lost contact with my mate with them superleggas - misplaced his number and lost his email address - he had them up for sale about 2 months ago so they might be gonee

Sorry mate but if i do find out, will let you know!!

Nice choice, I did consider the black version when I bought my UltraLeggeras but though it might be over kill on a black A3.

Paul

nice car mate, is that front tyre on the wrong way/side? tread should go forward? nice calipers though, how much were they ? grand?

That looks the dogsss !! Very agressive!

and blody hell - they just about fit - the gap between the tyres and calipers look svery tight indeed!!

Get some tyre shine on the tyres too :D

Looks awesome thought mate!

Nice choice, I did consider the black version when I bought my UltraLeggeras but though it might be over kill on a black A3.

Paul

OK I take back that statement - very nice - perhaps I should have gone for the black ones too.

Paul

OK I take back that statement - very nice - perhaps I should have gone for the black ones too.

Paul

Don`t worry mate i wasn`t sure myself if having black alloys on my car would have been over kill.

that looks stunning, ive always wondered what a black car with black alloys look like. ive seen like little rude boys in black fiesta n they get them small black alloys with the chrome rim n it looks horrid, but the a3 seems to pull it off extremley nicely! good work there mate, id be very proud of that!

also, just a quick question, how much lighter are they than the oem alloys?

I'd be very interested to know that too, thinking of getting a set to keep as spare for track days etc, also read good things about the Falken 452 tyres, not just good value for money but good tyres full stop.

The motor looks superb :)

yea, falken have really come a long way since they started on the market! them and avon are doing pretty good, especially for bikes

ive just got falken fk 452 for mine nathen the detailer told me to get em the grip is great thanks for the advice nate i love em they feel quite soft to touch though softer than my continentals so i doubt they will last that long but for the money who cares im chuft with em

also, just a quick question, how much lighter are they than the oem alloys?
My 18" Audi alloys weighed 12.7 kg and these alloys weigh 8.2 kg so total saving of 18kg of un sprung weight or 108 kg of sprung weight.
Ultraleggera Crystal
size:
18x8
description:
An amazing new light weight design from O.Z Racing of Italy. This single piece alloy wheel has six pairs of spokes and a carbon fiber cap. Available in 15" to 19". Sample weights for 15x7 is 4.9kgs, 16x7 is 5.9kgs, 17x7 is 6.9kgs and 8.2kgs in 18x8. Weights may vary up to 5% depending on fitment.

The LCR splitter is only about £18 and just needs a few of the center lugs cut shorter then fitted useing some self tapping screws. It`s a cheap easy mod.

:thumbsup: Cheers m8, that's just the sort of subtle front bit I was after - I take it LCR means Leon Cupra something or other, I've seen and read these words in association with A3s, but never saw one under an s-line bumper...till now! :yes: