Just bought a bargain part, replacing worn buttons on CC help?

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just spotted an S3 climate control in perfect nick for 35 quid on ebay, so bought it! Regardless of it working, I want to replace my worn out/rubbed off buttons with the temp and fan+/- from the new unit.

My car does not have heated seats, however, and this control unit has the buttons for this, so I can't just replace the units like for like.

Can anyone tell me how the buttons come off?

Many thanks,

James

I don't know mate to be honest - never had those bits off....

I would of thought they were a pop out jobbie though to be honest....?

Good stuff JD!
Ive been searching for one for ages, and £35 is a steal.
Fancy passing whatevers left over my way when you have renewed your buttons?. i scratched my CC facia to buggery when i renewed the headunit :(

ggrrr gutted!! i need one too, WITH heated seats wheels

****** girls with thier hardened long nails, trashed my CC cuttons

Good stuff JD!
Ive been searching for one for ages, and £35 is a steal.
Fancy passing whatevers left over my way when you have renewed your buttons?. i scratched my CC facia to buggery when i renewed the headunit :(

I know, I was very happy! Couldn't click "buy now" quick enough!

Yeah of course mate, happy to, I basically only need the temp and fan buttons off it, so the rest are up for grabs.

ggrrr gutted!! i need one too, WITH heated seats wheels

****** girls with thier hardened long nails, trashed my CC cuttons

Martin you are welcome to this one after I've had the fan and temp control buttons.

Hi guys.

Just spotted an S3 climate control in perfect nick for 35 quid on ebay, so bought it! Regardless of it working, I want to replace my worn out/rubbed off buttons with the temp and fan+/- from the new unit.

My car does not have heated seats, however, and this control unit has the buttons for this, so I can't just replace the units like for like.

Can anyone tell me how the buttons come off?

Many thanks,

James

Use the thinest flat head screwdriver you can find and pop them out.

Be careful not to scratch the unit as its easily done.

Cheers Maz, I grabbed an S4 unit a while back and hoping the buttons are the same, hadn't yet worked out how I'd tackle getting the buttons out!

Legend Maz, sounds like less of a ball ache than taking the unit off, unscrewing backs etc!!

Cheers.

eBayISAPI.dll
Untitled-16.jpg

Pretty damn happy, was looking at 125 quid from most places!

As said, I am only after the temp and fan speed buttons, the rest are up for grabs (free).

That pic looks immaculate James!!! Is that the finished product, or as you received it?
If thats how it came, just stick that one in.

Does anyone know if the buttons on the chorus stereo pop out in the same way...then if anyone has any spares!

Can I get the rest of the unit please? May do a heated seat conversion/upgrade...

wow I take it for granted all my buttons have no scratches on them! Their must be some real bad owners out their!

lol. looks like everybody on here wants the remains of the old unit.
(^^ third post, i called dibs ;) unless welly edits his post....)

Haha, well Matt posted first about the off button, but Callum I still need some buttons off you for my headunit. Will update this thread once I've received the item and done mine.

That picture is the one from eBay, so is the item en route to me.

Haha, pretty much, but fair play! I actually emailed a guy who was thinking of selling his modified S3 to vulture the brakes and wheels off him!!

OK you vultures ;)

This has been delivered, butchered (jokes!) and fitted to mine, so the rest of this is up for grabs. I would obviously like to get a bit of the 35£ back as I have only used two buttons!

Below is a photo so let me know. I know people have posted in this thread, but I would like to get rid of it as a whole (those who posted for the whole unit, please PM me if still interested :)).

Mods, if you're not happy with this, please move to appropriate location.

JD

pic;

photo-23.jpg

Last edited: