Anyone spot a problem with this?

henners

Reaction score
Err...just had a coil replaced, this is what it looks like...

IMG_0087-1.jpg

Yep, its not right....

Looks like it maybe upside down.....

I think it's resting on a bit of the old coil...

This was done at an Audi maindealer...

yer mate, can see the rusty/dirty bit of old snapped off coil preventing the new coil from sitting right, i also think it could be upside down, the more coiled end of the spring should be sat on the lower arm, the less coiled end should be located on the chassis

get it back to where ever you had this done and drive slowly, thats dangerous as **** mate as the spring is not seated securely and could become dislodged when hitting bumps etc at speed

that is bad! go back there very unhappy and wanting discount !!

Thats shocking!

Get that on a Low-Loader and returned to the dealer!!!

Tell them that their negligence has put your life at risk and you incredibly disappointed in the Audi After sales Dept and what are they going to about this to rectify the situation, make them aware you have photographed the unsafe repair, and if your are not completely satisfied you will be taking the matter further.

I work in an After Sales Dept and that kind of response will work better than going in guns blazing! Trust me :icon_thumright:

Cheers guys, will be talking to the dealer first thing tomorrow, not happy at all - paid audi labour rates for peace of mind...

Oh my!!... They must've let the chimps out for this one. I'm sure that not all dealerships are like this, but ****** hell... What was the mechanic thinking - manual was up-side-down???

Not sure they have left a piece of spring in just looks like they hav`nt cleaned up the rubberish bit on the lower arm and also looks like the spring is either in upside down or not seated right. They should be able to look at it and do the job in 15 mins. Takes longer to get the wheel off than do the rear springs

What is it with the springs snapping on the S3, both my fronts have gone over the course of a year or so ..Cost £90 a side fitted, o/s one had snapped at the top and bottom.

That is truely shocking. I would be demanding my money back saying that "I take my child in this car and came to Audi for peace of mind, and this is what I get....." etc, etc, really lay it on.

I reckon you'll get the dosh back and it fixed for nothing. Total bill. Nada. Except a little inconvienience. :icon_thumright:

That is shocking really, some people may not even check the work that had been done on there car, could have been an accident waiting to happen...