8V VCDS Mods

I just tried the rain closing windows. My module 09 won’t let me enable bit 2 bite 0. Also the menu option isn’t showing up.

found my issue thanks to helpful forum users..I wasnt leaving it long enough to test, left mine 2 minutes, also make sure you start with window up.

You can either use my hex codes below, or set binary data - changing 0 ->1 (off -> on) to bits 1&2 for example
0000(0)0 = bit1
000(0)00 = bit2
use 'tab' to get to the binary string change then use 'exit' then do-it

Rain Light Recognition Sensor:
Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8U0 955 559 C HW: 8U0 955 559 B Labels: 8U0-955-559.CLB
Component: G397_RLFS H06 0004
Serial number:

##Before
Coding: 00006C

##After
Coding: 06006C

But does rainclosing work?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

I just tried the rain closing windows. My module 09 won’t let me enable bit 2 bite 0. Also the menu option isn’t showing up.

found my issue thanks to helpful forum users..I wasnt leaving it long enough to test, left mine 2 minutes, also make sure you start with window up.

You can either use my hex codes below, or set binary data - changing 0 ->1 (off -> on) to bits 1&2 for example
0000(0)0 = bit1
000(0)00 = bit2

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8U0 955 559 C HW: 8U0 955 559 B Labels: 8U0-955-559.CLB
Serial number:

##Before

##After
But does rainclosing work?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine
Yes thank you for all your help

@DJAlix hey, any good news on the MMI2 sub control?

And another stupid question for you... I’m in the process of updating all interior lightings to FL white LEDs, and I knew I shouldn’t be looking at ETKA and looking up equipment code late at night... but anyway, bought the wrong AC module, got the N for Etron instead the M for petrol engines... Am I correct to assume it’s only coding difference? I could just recode the module to petrol engine right? Thanks!

Should be no problem. Just recode it.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

@DJAlix hey, any good news on the MMI2 sub control?

And another stupid question for you... I’m in the process of updating all interior lightings to FL white LEDs, and I knew I shouldn’t be looking at ETKA and looking up equipment code late at night... but anyway, bought the wrong AC module, got the N for Etron instead the M for petrol engines... Am I correct to assume it’s only coding difference? I could just recode the module to petrol engine right? Thanks!
Not done a HVAC Control module on an 8V as yet but if it’s like other recent platforms the unit might have component protection to deal with.

No news on sub control.

Not done a HVAC Control module on an 8V as yet but if it’s like other recent platforms the unit might have component protection to deal with.

No news on sub control.
Every hvac unit on the 2000+ cars have CP.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Oh well, guess the worst case scenario is to get out the soldering iron and swap the SMDs lol

Reactions: sentinal13

Hey Djalix, other day I noticed that my rear driver (left side in picture) side top led bar in the inner brake light was not on. Before I start looking to replace the whole brake light, wanted to make sure the coding isn't messed up on the us spec'd car.

Do you happen to know the coding name if this is adjustable in vcd? Thank you in advance for your help!
d3d1a70d2ab0c0e3871d705d0cc0c8f4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hey Djalix, other day I noticed that my rear driver (left side in picture) side top led bar in the inner brake light was not on. Before I start looking to replace the whole brake light, wanted to make sure the coding isn't messed up on the us spec'd car.

Do you happen to know the coding name if this is adjustable in vcd? Thank you in advance for your help!
d3d1a70d2ab0c0e3871d705d0cc0c8f4.jpg

Fixed it, was the coding.

0000(0)0 = bit1
000(0)00 = bit2

Serial number:

##Before

##After

Yes thank you for all your help
Also have tried auto rain close and works a treat on my 2015 S3 Saloon. Had to mess around with the windows a bit to get them to up and down with the key though.

Would anyone care to share the coding for DRL (front and rear) ONLY as coming home/leaving home lights?

Also, have I read that people have been changing the centre console lights and button switches from prefl red lights to fl white lights? Is that expensive to do and does it require coding?

Would anyone care to share the coding for DRL (front and rear) ONLY as coming home/leaving home lights?

Also, have I read that people have been changing the centre console lights and button switches from prefl red lights to fl white lights? Is that expensive to do and does it require coding?

@DJAlix :)

Do you have a facelifted car? If so, it's very difficult to change the light settings on these, I haven't had any luck with OBDeleven and even with the help from DJAlix.

Traction control options.

Is there a way so that the Audi s3/rs3 can start automatically/permanently in Esc Sport (single short press) mode? @Kaine19 @DJAlix

Reactions: Kaine19
I'm sure I've seen a cable dongle on eBay or somewhere that sorts this out. It probably just reads the +12v line on turn on and then sends a fake button press?

I'll try and find it again, I have a feeling it might have been for turning on hold assist though, but might be adaptable.

Hi all,

Any way to change it with VCDS so that windows all close (and sunroof) so that they all close automatically when you lock the car WITHOUT long press of the lock key?

I forgot to shut my roof last night, luckily it didn’t rain but it would be a nice feature.

Or does this need VCP? Thanks

Hi all,

Any way to change it with VCDS so that windows all close (and sunroof) so that they all close automatically when you lock the car WITHOUT long press of the lock key?

I forgot to shut my roof last night, luckily it didn’t rain but it would be a nice feature.

Or does this need VCP? Thanks
Not possible

Not possible

Thanks Alix.

Do you know if it is possible to enable HBA if I don’t have the lane assist camera? I have the white sensor in the rear view mirror at the back and the rain and light sensor. Just wondering if possible too :)

Thanks Alix.

Do you know if it is possible to enable HBA if I don’t have the lane assist camera? I have the white sensor in the rear view mirror at the back and the rain and light sensor. Just wondering if possible too :)
You would need triangle shaped camera or the HBA camera which is on the front of the mirror mount base. Rain, Light and Humidity sensor is for Auto Lights and Wipers. The "white" sensor is for Dimming Mirrors.

You would need triangle shaped camera or the HBA camera which is on the front of the mirror mount base. Rain, Light and Humidity sensor is for Auto Lights and Wipers. The "white" sensor is for Dimming Mirrors.

I take it it’s new windscreen, mirror, wiring, camera, coding needed? Sounds pretty cost prohibitive haha

So when my lights are in the “0” position, my front DRL are on, the rear DRL are on, and so are the dash lights. But the interior button switch lights and foot wells/ambient lighting remains off. Does anyone know the coding to turn this on?

I know I could switch the lights to side lights, but the front DRL Dim when I do this. Alternatively, could anyone tell me how to turn up the front DRL intensity when on side light mode?

@DJAlix,

Have a us spec A3. Just retrofitted the hill hold assist button, however, looks like the us spec cars (was not an option here) need some type of other coding which I haven't been able to find or figure out as the button does not work to turn on or off the hha. Any thoughts? It's constantly on, and the light will turn on or off if the car is in drive or not.

Coding used:

Select adaptation: Set the Auto HOLD function status or Auto HOLD functional status to
Always active Save - Leave control unit.
Select control unit address 03- ABS
Enter access authorization / login code (24990)
Select adaptation Set Auto Hold Fuse or Auto Hold Function to active Save - Leave control
unit.

Long Coding, Select the following HEX values:
Change byte 08 to 03
Change byte 19 to C0
Change byte 23 to F7
Change Byte 25 depending on the gearbox: 41 for automatic gearbox or 43 for manual
transmission

Fault memory Delete vehicle and perform function test.

Hi,

Yesterday I coded "pace car" blinker.
I set (18 and19) / left (16 and 17)
[09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] ->
Leuchte 16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16 » Blinken links Helllphase
Leuchte 17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion A 17 » Blinken retchs Hellphase
Leuchte18BLK HLA60 Lichtfunktion A 18 » Blinken links Dunkelphase
Leuchte19BLK HRC31 Lichtfunktion A 19 » Blinken links Dunkelphase

when I finished coding I checked what are the settings in the others "Lichtfunktion" and i'm curious why everywhere in "Lichtfunktion C" are "Blinken links Dunkelphase"
I don't have active rear DLR

@DJAlix,

Have a us spec A3. Just retrofitted the hill hold assist button, however, looks like the us spec cars (was not an option here) need some type of other coding which I haven't been able to find or figure out as the button does not work to turn on or off the hha. Any thoughts? It's constantly on, and the light will turn on or off if the car is in drive or not.

Coding used:

Select adaptation: Set the Auto HOLD function status or Auto HOLD functional status to
Always active Save - Leave control unit.
Select adaptation Set Auto Hold Fuse or Auto Hold Function to active Save - Leave control
unit.

Long Coding, Select the following HEX values:
Change byte 08 to 03
Change byte 19 to C0
Change byte 23 to F7
Change Byte 25 depending on the gearbox: 41 for automatic gearbox or 43 for manual
transmission

Fault memory Delete vehicle and perform function test.

Would need more information to be able to investigate this, namely an auto scan.

Hi,

Yesterday I coded "pace car" blinker.
I set (18 and19) / left (16 and 17)
[09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] ->
Leuchte 16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16 » Blinken links Helllphase
Leuchte 17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion A 17 » Blinken retchs Hellphase
Leuchte18BLK HLA60 Lichtfunktion A 18 » Blinken links Dunkelphase
Leuchte19BLK HRC31 Lichtfunktion A 19 » Blinken links Dunkelphase

when I finished coding I checked what are the settings in the others "Lichtfunktion" and i'm curious why everywhere in "Lichtfunktion C" are "Blinken links Dunkelphase"
I don't have active rear DLR
Hellphase and Dunkelphase are the flashing “timing” type, and using pace car lights as an example:

Flash Hell Dunkel
1 = on off
2 = off on
3 = on off
4 = off on

Hellphase and Dunkelphase are the flashing “timing” type, and using pace car lights as an example:

Flash Hell Dunkel
1 = on off
2 = off on
3 = on off
4 = off on

So do 1 and 2 / 3 and 4 just have different duration, since they're the same light order?

You might need to change the following adaptations as well as Support Power:
  • Characteristic curve of steering assistance
  • Driving Profile Switchover
Codes I have so far for 44 - Steering Assist:
  • 28183 (Support Power)
*Have not tested any of these configurations myself

i still never got to adjust the steering support power - the 80% and 60% options feel a lot more weighty, but the changes are lost at power off/on
anyone got any other security logins to enable steering support power to be saved permanently?

i still never got to adjust the steering support power - the 80% and 60% options feel a lot more weighty, but the changes are lost at power off/on
anyone got any other security logins to enable steering support power to be saved permanently?
No other access codes available. No other adaptations that I can think of also.