Bluefin?

stealth64

Reaction score
Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the superchips bluefin module from? could possibly setup a group buy if other interested?

Remapping a regular A3 2.0T should be fine, much lower torque levels than an S3 or a TDI.

make sure you read the clutch slip thread first ....

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=83735

I had not read this thread before, but im guessing that this would only be a concern if i was pushing more than 300bhp on the standard clutch?

the cars in that thread all seem to be s3 with stage 1 and 2 remaps, i will be getting between 245 - 255bhp from a bluefin and still have warranty and the option to remove mapping if i need to.

anyone else had any issues with 2.0T and remaps?

Does a 2.0T have an S3 clutch then ?? surely not ?

Its not bhp that kills the clutch..its torque :yes:

Last edited:
I've not heared that the S3 has an uprated clutch, surely if it did it wouldn't be a problem. In any case a remap on a A3 2.0T only just brings it to the torque levels of a stock 170 TDI.

I think JKM is competitive - £390 delivered

I'd be up for a group buy

Nice one!

I have emailed Superchips now to see what discount they will offer ASN members on these units. I will post up what they come back with.

I had mine done a few weeks ago and im well impressed, it took me an hour to put it on the car aswell.

Im not going for mad bhp as im in a TDI auto but my car now has a smoother gear change and way more torque, i cannot supply figures im afraid but however true the website is states that, you get +37 brake and better fuel economy to boot.

Im a steady driver so its all good and like you say you can remove it when you want with the Bluefin

Nice one!

I have emailed Superchips now to see what discount they will offer ASN members on these units. I will post up what they come back with.

I think they already have a 10% discount for ASN members so will be good to see if they can do a little more...

I think they already have a 10% discount for ASN members so will be good to see if they can do a little more...

I would hope they would offer more than this, as there online price is £435 and from looking i can already get it for £390 from places like Demon Tweeks and JKM.

My friend has the same s3 09 model and has had his bluefine'd, can't i just use his device to flash my car ???

or will it check for checksum ? anyone tried it ?

I had not read this thread before, but im guessing that this would only be a concern if i was pushing more than 300bhp on the standard clutch?

the cars in that thread all seem to be s3 with stage 1 and 2 remaps, i will be getting between 245 - 255bhp from a bluefin and still have warranty and the option to remove mapping if i need to.

anyone else had any issues with 2.0T and remaps?

Yep.
Had problems with a MK5 Golf Gti, which has the same set up.

The problems is that it might slip with the aftermarket map on, but not the stock map.

This means you cant replicate the problem when you take it to the dealer with the Bluefin map switched off. Therefore AUDI wont be able to process the warranty claim because there nothing will be diagnosed.

I would let it stop you though, it doesnt affect all cars and if your clutch and DMF are marginal then you will get the dreaded slip pretty much straight away.

It makes a BIG difference to the power and delivery. I had REVO and it was worth ever penny:yes:

cheers
Paul

My friend has the same s3 09 model and has had his bluefine'd, can't i just use his device to flash my car ???

or will it check for checksum ? anyone tried it ?

It saves the chassis number of the first car it remaps so you won't be able to use it on a different vehicle.

Does it let you switch between stock and the remap multiple times on the same car?

Yes, you can do that as many times as you like.

I should be getting a Celtic Tuning map put on mine tommorow I really didn't think there was any problems with clutch slip on the 2.0TFSIs

Does it let you switch between stock and the remap multiple times on the same car?

You can even remove any mapping on the ecu so the car is completely disabled (handy if you are away from home on holiday etc...)

thats £390 all in, same as super chips with the asn discount !

Just spoken to superchips, and not good unfortunately! they say they can offer us a 10% discount on RRP and that is it! I asked about a group buy for 20+ units and still got the same response, so sorry guys probably better off going to a retailer, unless you live close to superchips where if you purchase direct they will do a rolling road before and after installation.

As mentioned above RRP is £435 so minus 10% it still costs £391, so no cheaper that Demon Tweeks or JKM.

It looks like I'll be going for Custom Code as planned.

Hold up I have managed to sort out a deal on a group buy with a retailer!:rockwoot:

Jus waiting for Staz to post it up in the group buy section, watch this space!

D'oh, just had mine done a couple of weeks a go by the chaps at Bluefin. I'm very happy though so not too bothered at paying £391 v £355. I'd recommend this mod to anyone although I can't comment on the clutch issues having only just got it done.

D'oh, just had mine done a couple of weeks a go by the chaps at Bluefin. I'm very happy though so not too bothered at paying £391 v £355. I'd recommend this mod to anyone although I can't comment on the clutch issues having only just got it done.

Is there a clear difference in terms of power gains after the remap then?

There is a difference, especially in the 2nd & 3rd gear (2.0tdi 140pd).

If you keep your engine in the revs it will go really fast! I managed to get 8.1sec 0-60mph but would probably get even a better time if I practiced.
That's a vagcom result btw.

Anyone have a decent number of posts on UK-MKIV website as I can't post this up in their group buy area?

I know this is for bluefin but REVO are doing a deal until 31st Dec 09 of free select or select plus switch with their remaps. Bit more expensive at £499+ VAT so at £574 its quite a bit more expensive than the bluefin. When does the Bluefin need to be ordered by?

kempus

Anyone have a decent number of posts on UK-MKIV website as I can't post this up in their group buy area?

Yeah mate put something on those boards, the more the better!

I know this is for bluefin but REVO are doing a deal until 31st Dec 09 of free select or select plus switch with their remaps. Bit more expensive at £499+ VAT so at £574 its quite a bit more expensive than the bluefin. When does the Bluefin need to be ordered by?
kempus

If i was taking the car somewhere to be mapped i would go to REVO but for the ability to add and remove the map Bluefin seems to be the preffered choice, and its £225 cheaper!

We can put the order in a soon as we have 20 confirmed units.

Nah mate, I spend far too long on here to frequent other sites too lol