Liquid Gauge, S3 version review

sounds good to me :) is it that good tuffty? as im buying this if you say it is... no pressure like haha

also, where did you end up mounting this?

thanks knoxie

Again depends on the angle... its a good bit of kit but has limitations... its no replacement for VCDS but is of course handier than carrying a laptop and VCDS about... it can only check the ECU for faults, boost is limited to MAP sensor limit (1.5bar or 22psi, AGU mode goes higher though) etc...

I have both VCDS and Liquid but if I have the cash for one I would probably go for VCDS as it more useful for diagnostics if thats what you want it for... as a gadget though its great...

I leave mine on multi gauge most of the time...
20100213_IMG_4005.jpg

<tuffty/>

well im a gadget man so im sold :) it says on the site that its good for up to a stage 2 map but does that not run higher than 1.5 bar?

well im a gadget man so im sold :) it says on the site that its good for up to a stage 2 map but does that not run higher than 1.5 bar?

As mentioned in the reply above it can either read up to 1.5bar which is the limit of the MAP sensor or go into AGU mode which calculates boost based on airflow (its called AGU mode as the older AGU A3's didn't have a MAP sensor and calculate boost based on airflow...)

<tuffty/>

ohh i think i understand, i wish i had your knowledge tuffty haha

defo getting one of these, wheres the best place to get it from the 'bay?

Are all of the cables hidden on install or is one running into the socket beneath the ashtray? Just want a clean finish.

i believe tuffty has worked his magic and wired it into the loom, but yes it will always have to be run to the plug, so a small amount wire will be on show but in the footwell area, anyone feel free to correct me if i have this wrong

I hard wired mine in so I wouldn't have the plug visible and so I could switch between the Liquid and OBD socket as and when I need to...

There is a bit of info in my build thread about this...

The cable that comes with the Liquid is nomally routed to the back of the gauge whereever you end up fitting it and then plugs into the OBD socket

<tuffty/>

Just a quicky,

I've checked out your thread tuffty but i can't work out what you have done with your wiring. I would like to do the same.

Could you shed some light on it for me/us.

Where did you get the pin layout from? Cant find it on the tinterweb anywhere.

P.s. cant sleep, late night poster

Just wondering if you installed a 3 bar map sensor e.g. Magneti Marelli, like what the ford boys use on the Cosworths, could this be used, so that you can read boost up to 2bar?

Just wondering if you installed a 3 bar map sensor e.g. Magneti Marelli, like what the ford boys use on the Cosworths, could this be used, so that you can read boost up to 2bar?

Won't work... the map in the ECU is hard coded to the sensor it has... 2550 mBar

<tuffty/>