N75j valve...any good??

kooch_481

Reaction score
ive just seen a n75j valve for sale. and read abit about it.
are these actually any good.

what engine do you have makes a difference as some ecu's dont like them others dont gain from them

erm. im not sure what engine ive got. where do i find out. is there a identification plate somewhere or something?

Yep, try the sticker in the spare wheel well, the owners handbook or on top of the engine on the left as you look at it. Should be a 3 letter code...... For example mine is AGU.

sorry to hijack with a silly question but how do i find out what version of n75 i have currently on my car?

ive got a s3 apy. but my n75 has recently been changed. but i dont know what they changed it with...

is there a code on it to describe what type of unit it is.
ta

n75j has a brown body, standard is just black

ive just looked on my engine and it says AGU.
would an n75j be of any benefit or shal i just keep the standard one.
also what do you think of the forge split-r.

not worth n75j on an agu by all acounts as the k03 turbo once mapped is maxed out so there are no gains to be had with the n75j,
as for the split-r i have one and has always done me good, dont expect it to be masivly loud though

I ran one on my mapped AMK and it kept limping.. So I ditched for standard. (well sold!)

On a Standard APY engine its not worth it

I've also tried the N75H valve with the same results

Once mapped i will try them again
seems to work wounders for my apy no limp mode and holds boost much better

im curious why none of the remappers recommend these valves if they do provide so much benefit...JBS simply said to me that these valves just ruin their maps instead of giving better performance

I'd like to know why tuning companies dont encorporate these valves into their remap. All they need to do is take their generic map and tweak it for the J drive so that the air/fueling is safe then sell it with a J drive and a 007p valve.

i wont bother with one then if they no good on agu.
what would be best thing to do to get more power. im thinking of a panel filter and maybe a re-map.

im curious why none of the remappers recommend these valves if they do provide so much benefit...JBS simply said to me that these valves just ruin their maps instead of giving better performance

I'd like to know why tuning companies dont encorporate these valves into their remap. All they need to do is take their generic map and tweak it for the J drive so that the air/fueling is safe then sell it with a J drive and a 007p valve.
when i had my stage2 at AMD i told them i was running a n75j and apparently they mapped it to suit seems to work just as well as always holds peak boost much better and feels stronger through the revs, i have put the std n75 back on since the mapp and it certinaly isnt as good boost just tails off so much quicker, the guy at AMD when i rang back as i was having boost issues (coolant temp sensor fault) said the mapp was done with the n75j in mind but to use std if it works better

ive just seen a n75j valve for sale. and read abit about it.
are these actually any good.

i instaled a n75j valve in my 1.8t and it really made difference. not a huge one but the little extra boost was there. jeah, after 2 days my car started to overheating and now the cylinder seal is broken. jupi! 400€ to replace it.:sign_unfair: