cupra front lip spoiler on 2008 A3 S-line

alzo999

Audi Crazy
Reaction score
Hi there, was reading posts a few days ago with regards to the front lip spoiler from a cupra, I was wondering if anyone on here had experience of this as it looked very nice.

part number?
cost?
easyness to fit, and tools required?

many thanks again folks,

Alan.

Go onto www.audizine.com an american audi site and there are quite a few with cupra lips

Part number: dont know but phone SEAT and they will know straight away what you want

Cost: £17.50 plus vat - cheap as chips!

Easyness - very! you will have to cut the middle "prongs" off the splitter with a warm blade or hack saw so it will sit flush with the bumper then its a matter of drilling some self tapping screws through the splitter onto the bumper

I put one onto my mates cupra TDI and looks great!

Cupra R front splitter - 1ML 805 903 - £17.95

16_featured_image_1214962340.jpg

Have one at home ready to install but haven't had the time yet. Might get around to it this weekend maybe.

Nice, thanks for the advice, will order one today. Ps let me know how it goes Marc, anything you did that made it easier etc as im a buffoon with car diy!!

Optics, lowered, splitter = evil evil looking car! Plus the V6 note!

16_featured_image_1214962340.jpg

Have one at home ready to install but haven't had the time yet. Might get around to it this weekend maybe.

That does look very mean - go on Marc - you know you want to :whistle2:

to true, although I just paid out £1310 to Glasgow Audi body shop!! wife crashed my Q7, (£350 xs) then crashed our new A3 (not even 100 miles on the clock...£350 xs) then decided to hit a tree that was blown across the byepass whilst driving the courtesy car (£610 as i paid it myself)

and all within 6 weeks!!! aggghhhhhhh

Sorry but will this fit an S3 bumper?

Optics, lowered, splitter = evil evil looking car!

I'll get the splitter fitted first then see what happens.

Wouldn't mind getting it lowered. I think the H&R Sportline 50\40 springs are what I need, but can't be sure.

Anybody got pics of their S-Line running on them?

Boydie,
do you know anywhere up north that stocks H&R stuff? I know DPM can supply them, but the shipping would probably add a bit to them and I might prefer to buy them from somewhere that will fit them too. Might look at some 10mm spacers too so buying somewhere local might let me try them for size before buying.

to true, although I just paid out £1310 to Glasgow Audi body shop!! wife crashed my Q7, (£350 xs) then crashed our new A3 (not even 100 miles on the clock...£350 xs) then decided to hit a tree that was blown across the byepass whilst driving the courtesy car (£610 as i paid it myself)

and all within 6 weeks!!! aggghhhhhhh

I like how you describe it as "my Q7" and "our A3". Doesn't she have her own car?

I'm sure someone has some H&R springs for sale on here in their sig... might be worth a PM!!
Can't remember who though... sorry!

Optics, lowered, splitter = evil evil looking car! Plus the V6 note!

I'm sure someone has some H&R springs for sale on here in their sig... might be worth a PM!!
Can't remember who though... sorry!

Cheers Jamie. I'll just start PMing random members on the off-chance then, shall I??

Perhaps they'll see this and post.

Just had a look and maxS3uk has these:
For Sale
S3 8P H&R 25mm Lowering Springs - New & Unused!
S3 8P Chrome Grill & Badges - Mint, only on car for few weeks!
HID H4 Bi-Xenon Kit - Mint, used for couple months
PIAA High Intensity Super LED's - Only used for couple weeks
Blackfire Wet Diamond Polish & Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax - New & Unused!

That I don't know - maybe rated specifically to those dampers - you could check the product codes on the H&R website....?

Yeah hoping to get mine fitted soon. its been sat in the shed weeks, drop me a PM Marc and let me know how you get on fitting.#

That I don't know - maybe rated specifically to those dampers - you could check the product codes on the H&R website....?

The S3 one are different
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...ngs&car=audia3&manufacturer=hr&sub_category=1

Marc - you could try streetracer in bangor and speak to a guy called Armo. He will be able to get you h&r's

Would there not be any shops in dublin that do car modification?

Does anyone know if this splitter would fit a pre-face lifted A3, I'm now a proud owner of a 2004 3.2 :), If anyone has a photo of one I'd greatly appricate it.

Have a few subtle changes I'd like to make early on in the relationship, I have to admit I love the look of your A3 Boydie :yum:

I'm think of something similar :kissmyrings:

don't think it suits anything other than the S-Line bumper to be honest - due to the shape of it.

You could well be right, might buy one and see what I think though. Only £17 at the end of the day.

This was one of the first exterior mod I saw on an A3 forum and loved it! It's so cheap and looks pretty easy to do! anyone got anymore pics? or on an black s line?

Sweet!

I am going to do this in the summer.

A!

planning on going into my local seat dealer this weekend to order/pick one up, unsure how it's going to look on an akoya silver s line but guess I'll tape it on first to see

i got one today seat has put them up to 26 pound plus vat because everyone is buying them i glossed mine with clear lacquer because i some left from my lights im gone post pics of my splitter and lights soon OH AND A BIG THANK YOU FOR KAZ CODING MY LIGHTS THANKS MATE

Go onto www.audizine.com an american audi site and there are quite a few with cupra lips

Part number: dont know but phone SEAT and they will know straight away what you want

Cost: £17.50 plus vat - cheap as chips!

Easyness - very! you will have to cut the middle "prongs" off the splitter with a warm blade or hack saw so it will sit flush with the bumper then its a matter of drilling some self tapping screws through the splitter onto the bumper

I put one onto my mates cupra TDI and looks great!

Wow this is really getting popular!!. I have ordered mine and it will be sent to a carbon fibre workshop to be made into a carbon fibre splitter..... Will post pics when its done!!

Got mine yesterday £20.97 inc vat - fitting it tomorrow
Pics to follow
(may even put my Oettinger 18" split rims on)

Haha, this has to be the most popular splitter out there, fits on audi's, vauxhalls, seats, skoda, more or less every hatchback out there!

I had one on my old corsa, had it painted, looked great!