Steering Wheel Badges

grathies

More Points Than Portsmouth FC
Reaction score
Basically, I dont like the facelift S3 badge, think its a bit boring so fitted the older style grille and rear badges

Now as far as the steering wheel badge goes, am I right in thinking that I cant change the bages as their a different size?

Normal Facelift One:
d45b_1.JPG

Older Nicer One:
000456.jpg

Sussex Lad said:
Should have stuck with the old S3 IMO, whyn play about with badges, get a dog.

Eh you what? Any chance of that in english? That seems to have NO relevence to my post at all...

I have an 8L chassis S3, I have the facelift tho (2000-2003) which came as standard with the newer Badges as it was the facelift, BUT I prefer the original (1997-2000) style badges

If you dont have anything helpful to add about the physical dimensions of the badges dont comment, its just not helpfull. This isnt a post about what you prefer, its about what I prefer

As for getting a dog, Im a Pompey lad so Ive had plenty of dogs in the past thanks

Reactions: 54V4G3
Thats cool, thought it was but couldnt find any actual dimensions for it

Just think the newer S badges look more like something you can buy in Halfords with Clio "Sport" badges lol

hi granties, is hard to take the steering wheels badge off my one has started to peel don't no why but want to change it.

Easy as mate, I picked mine out when i was in traffic! Its got two lugs on the back that push into holes in the wheel

Get a small point or thin knive in behind and pull forwards

cheers bud better but one fron ebay then!!!!!!:icon_thumright:

Sam-K said:
I think on the front of your S3 you should get a "new style S3 badge" made up with an R in front so it matches the rear one.

Taken that gay RS3 badge off now mate, just has MTM atm, waiting to fit the oldler style rear

Have an older style front one one too

May just go for a replacement new style one on my steering wheel to match the 8P Gear Knob

S3ren said:
cheers bud better but one fron ebay then!!!!!!:icon_thumright:

No worries, tho think thier about the same price from the dealers, they knock 2quid off on ebay then make it back thru P+P!

alright then might aswell get one from the main stealers it just down road from me. if don't mind me askin what does the 8p gearknob look like.

I also prefer the old-school badges, shame the one for the wheel wont fit but once you change the front and rear it should look coolio.

If you really want the old style steering wheel badge why not just buy an early type wheel and swap the steering wheel, over then flog your new style one. I do agree with you that the early type badges look better, but i dont think i would ever think about swapping them.

Problem with that is that the airbag may cause issues? Not 100% on that

TBH unless Im driving to work 90% of the time I have a girl in the car, and over half of those times I end up getting chewed off so the badge wont **** me off THAT much!

Maz said:
I also prefer the old-school badges, shame the one for the wheel wont fit but once you change the front and rear it should look coolio.

Think my love of the older bages comes from being in the Dub scene before it got full of e38 student "lets rat look everything" tossers and loving the RS2 Avant that showed up at all the Dub Shows in 2000!

The cool badge and the calipers always caught attention, and the S3 badge originally was derrived from that

Anyway, the MTM badge is the most important on my car ;)

Where is the best place to buy a replacment badge for my 2002 s3 wheel?

I see they are on ebay for £16 + P&P....

Available from audi ?

Cheers

Their available from Audi and Im sure they work out the same price as from ebay after P+P, atleast you get it quicker!

cheers fellas, was gonna put a post up about these little badges on the S wheel, mines started to scratch off a bitand is annoying the crap outa me

Really like the 8L gear knob..... that looks well up to date

cheers fellas, was gonna put a post up about these little badges on the S wheel, mines started to scratch off a bitand is annoying the crap outa me

lol at the triple post. keyboard issues???

I was trying to do the opposite (as I prefer the newer badges) and they can't be swapped, I would say do you want to swap steering wheels but that would seem a little extreme.

PS. I have a brand new from Audi new style steering wheel badge if anyone needs one, will sell it cheap.

Swot? Wow its like being part of the Bash Street Kids in the Beano! :p

Better than my nickname at work tho, "******* ****" lol

You guys have far too much time on your hands if you are worrying about a tiny badge on a steering wheel, get a grip!

Well Ive not got much else I can do to my car now really!

I drive it loads and its well setup, just little things. Anyway as I said further up, unless Im driving to work 90% of the time I have a girl in the car, and over half of those times I end up getting chewed off so the badge wont **** me off THAT much!

tbh anyone that coms on this board has too much time on their hands!

Cheers grathies, i might have to get one of them for mine a got a little chip on one side which has made it quite sharp on the edge. some people dont like little details do they?

grathies said:
Swot? Wow its like being part of the Bash Street Kids in the Beano! :p

Better than my nickname at work tho, "******* ****" lol

Id have used 'cocksucker' mate:respekt:

Cant beleive you remember the bash street kids.....:hubbahubba:

Anyways back to the thread, thanks for your help Graths, i will no longer have to drive to work gorping at a ****** badge that i now know i can change without having to buy the whole wheel!!

Muches