Best Petrol

Due to fill up this week, so more than likely its going to be V power, as i can get easy access to it :)

nilz18t said:
Due to fill up this week, so more than likely its going to be V power, as i can get easy access to it :)

Avoid the queues and fill up after 9pm only Nilz. :icon_thumright: That way, you can sneak out for a drive also. :racer:

Gotta say, im using Morrisons fuel @ 102.9...... honestly...will i really notice the difference from the **** im using to switching to Vpower...apologies if the answer is in the thread

1animal1
Mine felt rubbish when i was using 95ron. I was told to switch to 99ron, either tescos or V-power and its been great ever since. A mates Leon cupra R was the same too. You need to fill up a cpl of times for it work correctly though. Also when you have the car remaped the bhp is dependant on the fuel you are using.

cheers Sackers, I havent really felt much difference...coming out of my 1.8T into this car and using 95ron.... will give it a try though...the misus just bought a new car so doing less miles to the inlaws every week:eek:D, a saving made is a saving to be spent i think!!

no worries, i just felt mine getting sluggish and took it the garage. It was a relief to find out it was the fuel.

ok ok im getting all excited now.....about petrol!!!! LOL

Ill let you know how it goes after a few refills.....

Would it be better to fill up on a near empty tank??

I think I am funding Ferrari sponsorship with my S4 alone with the amont of V-Power im using lol! Would only ever use 97+ RON. Wouldnt go near a supermarket again, after messing my Pug up last year, but thats just me as the local Tescos doesnt sell 99 :-(

my main problem is that there isnt a shell anywhere near....the nearest BP is 6 miles away.......all i have is Esso, Morrisons, Jet and erm Sainsbury's nearby grrrrr

In order of preference in my B7 RS4 - Shell V-Power, Tesco 99, Sainsburys 98 - any 95 (noticeable power loss).

Wouldn't buy again - Tesco 98 (bought at Brackley, made the car a total dog).

OK so at the moment i have "normal" petrol in there and to make the change to "super", will it be ok mixed with the normal, as obviously the tank wont be bone dry when i fill up again will i??

Any info please...just go ahead and fill up as normal, but just use the super from now on, thats what im guessing...correct me if im wrong.....

Thanks

Just fill up as usual, nearer empty and you should notice the difference quicker but all it will do is dilute the 99 octane. The difference on the rollers isnt alot but as Tesco says... Every little helps! Whatcar had a test I think of 30 - 70 and 5th gear acceleration in a golf GTI and it knocked about 6/10ths of a second of the 5th gear acceleration and 4/10ths of 30 - 70mph acceleration. (That was v-power by the way tesco didnt perform any different to my recollection)

nilz18t said:
OK so at the moment i have "normal" petrol in there and to make the change to "super", will it be ok mixed with the normal, as obviously the tank wont be bone dry when i fill up again will i??

Any info please...just go ahead and fill up as normal, but just use the super from now on, thats what im guessing...correct me if im wrong.....

Thanks

The car will adapt itself to the higher octane fuel, probably takes a good 50miles of V-power to get it to maximum potential. But if I'm being honest, you will notice more difference in power when driving on a warm day and a fairly cold day with cooler air going into the engine.

OK so ive filled up on a full tank of V Power...will let you know how it goes

OK well i have been using the v power for a good couple of weeks, and i do mainly motorway miles and in all fairness i get about an extra 40-50 miles off a full tank compared to normal unleaded, so its defo worth it and i would really recommend it, with the added bonus of getting a toy ferrari everytime i fill up...woohoo!!!