What is this bumper?

roy_barber99

Reaction score
im looking for this bumper(pic below) and where i can purchase it from in the uk ... also looking for ideas for the raer valence on my avant. not sure what there is or whats available. does anyone have any suggestions?

b6a4avant.jpg

This is what I was looking at before my reiger, Nice kit just the Price was too much for me, I was quoted £1100 with Delivery, might be cheaper now though.

Think Jase is after one of these too.

£1100 jesus !

how much was your front if you dont mind me asking J7USS

Not much difference between the oettinger and yours J7USS,both are very nice kits.

Roy, I got my whole kit for £700, thats front back sidea and window spoiler. haggled with them and got the window spoiler thrown in.

James, yeah very similar looking but the Otteinger just has that more defined edge to it, might be me being fussy and particular :think: though..

intresting ! where did you end up buying it from, and what does the rear look like?

roy_barber99 said:
intresting ! where did you end up buying it from, and what does the rear look like?
Dont get him started on picture whoring again.:faint:

very nice website ... im liking the smooth apperance of some with nice wheels. got a feeling this a4 is going to cost me a fortune ! like the a3 did !

I went direct to reiger if I remember right, I tried a place and they put me onto them...I think, cant remember now...hmmm!!:think:

100_1116.jpg

Here a rear Roy, This was back in may I think, Ive painted the back boxes now so you can only see the Tailpipe.

Looks loads better.....in fact, ......Hold tight, Ill be back......:eyebrows:

i dont mind a picture whore ! its only when ur missis turns into one u have to get worried !

roy_barber99 said:
got a feeling this a4 is going to cost me a fortune ! like the a3 did !
Best way,makes it more individual.
Almost forgot how nice that kit is J7USS.:icon_thumright:

Personally think J7USS has set the benchmark for inspiration, love the reiger more everytime I see it on your car mate and believe me thats often... personally I think the oettinger is slightly better due to its exclusivity but the price which does not include paint and fitting puts me right off. Personally ive held back putting a kit on car because everytime I look into it I get confused - decisions decisions. Think I'll see winter through before I start any transformations...

The pics dont do car nor kit any justice. Considering what Ive just said if I saw them pics first It would totally put me off the kit.

J7USS you need some photography lessons mate... :icon_thumright:

:hi:Cheers Pav Id like to think that Ive played a part in spreading the 'burn a hole in your Pocket' Bug!!:)

Yes I do like the Otteinger very much but like you say, its mega expensive and If I remember right, there were some companies charging £1400+ for the whole kit. One guy quoted me nearly £700 just for the front bumper.

Im happy with my Reiger but as Ive said before there is something about the front bumper that dont quite satisfy me..

oh and ill be Spraying the fog light covers this week hopefully.

Pav, funny enough I was thinking that when I posted the Pics....See what you have started now pav, Ive deleted them, ha!

which means Ill have to go out tomorrow for some shots..:no:

Mega expensive you can say that again - I enquired about the front bumper and I was quoted 646.01 plus VAT - a grand total of £759.06 excluding delivery

:) ...Have a look at the "back shot" now pav, Any better...:sly:

J7USS said:
:) ...Have a look at the "back shot" now pav, Any better...:sly:

Much better - just make sure you keep it protected tmrw night - what with all fireworks etc and that applies to all....

I gave it a good clean in the week, went london on a night out last night and the Mrs phoned me to tell me there was 4 neighbours having bonfires and my car now looked like it was going through Puberty.

I was P'd off but couldnt do anything so I got home this afternoon and gave it a rinse and leathered!!.....

now ive been checking the past hour and its already looking Flakey!!:aggressive:

Knew I should have got a cover!!

Hotscar said:
If only you were serious!

It's only my opinion, if you like it...
well we all cant be the same can we, it would be soooo boring

...and we're all entitled to our own opinion aint we, Im easy going, Doesnt bother me the slightest mate, Like you say...if you like it, which I very much do!!:icon_thumright:

J7USS said:
Knew I should have got a cover!!

If I was you I'd cover it up!

Only joking mate, I couldn't resist. Your car looks mint! Is it a 1.8t quattro?

Hotscar said:
If I was you I'd cover it up!

Only joking mate, I couldn't resist. Your car looks mint! Is it a 1.8t quattro?

:) ha, I like your sense of humour

Yes mate its a 1.8t sport Quattro,it'll do me for now but wont be satisfied till I get my S4 next year.:eyebrows: fingers crossed!!

looking into it a bit more, ill probably go with J7USS's front and rear bumper, and add some s4 door fins

ive also been trying to get hold of a chrome window trim set, but cant find one anywhere ! are they like gold dust !

Good choice Roy, Im still after some door blades aswell. As for the Chrome window trim, If you want it done properly then its going to cost you a small fortune mate, I was quote nearly £700 + vat + labour,Dont know why its so expensive but I wanted mine done but for that price, think ill pass.

Reiger discontinued my kit early this year so if you manage to find a copy (which there is a few about) then make sure you get the ABS plastic as ive seen a fibreglass copy of it and IMO looked warped in the light.

Good luck though Roy, you never know, You could find one at a Bargain price.

roy_barber99 said:
looking into it a bit more, ill probably go with J7USS's front and rear bumper, and add some s4 door fins

ive also been trying to get hold of a chrome window trim set, but cant find one anywhere ! are they like gold dust !

Good man Mitch. Thats the site I went through, I was looking for it last night aswell..

Roy - tally up what you would be spending on the bits you want and give them a call go in a £100 cheaper or more if you want to and work from there mate.

J7USS curious does the front bumper replace the existing bumper or does it stick on top...

J7USS said:
This is what I was looking at before my reiger, Nice kit just the Price was too much for me, I was quoted £1100 with Delivery, might be cheaper now though.

Think Jase is after one of these too.

your right mate i am after one, badly.they are impossible to find second hand and new about 700 quid is right. but saying that they are 615 euros form oettinger themselves have a look http://www.oettinger.de/index2_e.htm

pav-g said:
J7USS curious does the front bumper replace the existing bumper or does it stick on top...

The Bumper comes as a whole and replaces the original...for some reason mine was a nightmare...

Image047-1.jpg

cheers guys, ill have a look at the sites and let you guys know what comes about