New wheels

Just a case of deciding on what wheel size and spec You really want and that will fit , then look at style options.
Otherwise you will be jumping from one thing to another.
The real bonus with 19” 8j or 8.5j with offsets of between et30 and et38 is that they will normally look very good with enough poke but not the body contact, also in most cases you don’t need spacers.

But you need 235/35 preferably as the stretch will give you that little bit extra wheel arch clearance.

Sadly the descisions are yours I’m afraid, we can advise you on what maybe your options but ultimately it’s down to you , wheels are a very personal thing, what ones likes may not be another taste.

Sort out what size you really want to use then look for suitable wheels, it can be trial and error so don’t be put of .
Yeah you are right as what one person likes, someone else won’t like. But like you said I want to get ones that are the best fit and require no additional work to make them fit. So will be aiming for 235/35 19 with the et between 30 and 38.
Thanks for all the advice, you have been very helpful

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
IMG 0655

Rota wheels on the B7 look great in my opinion…Took me ages to find a decent genuine OEM set but well worth the wait. Like Rob says, just be careful to avoid the fakes as there are plenty of them out there. I was running mine with spigot rings and 5mm spacers all round. 235/35 R19 can’t remember the offset though.

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
View attachment 276432
Rota wheels on the B7 look great in my opinion…Took me ages to find a decent genuine OEM set but well worth the wait. Like Rob says, just be careful to avoid the fakes as there are plenty of them out there. I was running mine with spigot rings and 5mm spacers all round. 235/35 R19 can’t remember the offset though.

If you got 5mm spacer you got the S5 oem Audi rota wheels pcd 112 /centerbore 66.56mm/ et33 so yes you got spigot rings to make the centerbore 57.1mm... I've been looking for a similar set to pop up at a decent price non as of yet... most have damage to one wheel.

View attachment 276432
How much did you pay for a decent set? How much are spigot rings and spacers? It’s hard as most sets I find are miles away from me, so would have to ask to be posted, just don’t want to buy some only to find they don’t fit.

Think I paid around £550 back in 2018 without rubber, they were absolutely mint at the time. I didn’t need spacers until I fitted the Brembo 18z’s. The spigot rings cost less than a tenner from eBay, the spacers were £75 for 4 from a mental fabricator up north somewhere.
Going to get them refurbished at some point as I still love them and might put them back on in the future.

Reactions: northpole
Think I paid around £550 back in 2018 without rubber, they were absolutely mint at the time. I didn’t need spacers until I fitted the Brembo 18z’s. The spigot rings cost less than a tenner from eBay, the spacers were £75 for 4 from a mental fabricator up north somewhere.
Going to get them refurbished at some point as I still love them and might put them back on in the future.
What do you have on now then? Yeah after looking around the he rotas are definitely the best looking in my opinion. Just need to find a decent set that isn’t too expensive

they still go for that amount and that is for a set with slight damage and ofcourse painted in black to hide the damage to the wheel (all black they are horrible in my eyes) there is a set going on facebook in all black (with some curbing but no cracks and on goodyear eagle f1's wih 7mm thread) asking price is 550... i saw them yesterday

Where were they too? Yeah all black rota’s aren’t the best but I’m struggling to find a decent set anywhere. Could maybe stretch to £600

Last edited:
They look not great condition but guess could get them refurbished after a while? Plus I live in Somerset so would have to get them shipped.
Also does oem mean genuine or aftermarket?

Ask for a pic of the inside as it should have Audi stamp and specs in the moulding.

OEM = Orginal Equipment Manufacturer
so yeah they are the real deal, not in the best state but i did say that in my reply, but browse FB marketplace because you are bound to find something closer to you in that price range.. these are actually in my town... but I wouldn't buy them at that price i would want them to be as they where not painted black. I did see some that are in better state anyway but come without tires... these i send you do have some good tires on them saving you from spending money on that eagle f1's cost around 200 pounds each new so you do the math.

PS the oem part number is pictured in one of the spokes... so they are the real deal but you can always ask for the rest of the details that are stamped on the inside of the spokes to be send to you before you'd commit to buy a set of anyone.

Last edited:
I’ll get my partner to message them as I don’t have Facebook. Would want to know if they were properly refurbished or sprayed with a can

Alloy wheel upgrades can get expensive very quickly.
If you buy a set of good used but need a refurb for £500 then need to get them refurbed later that’s another £300 min, then add on spacers if needed and spigot rings that’s another £150 ish , then what about tyres?
In some ways better plan to look at a perfect set with tyres to start with.

get your partner to search facebook for something nearer to you ;) as i said i wouldn't buy them

Reactions: Langers1710
You need to check rotors very carefully for crack and being buckled as even Audi oem rotors suffer from those problems, the larger the diameter rim the more prone to impact damage.
welding can be hidden aswell so be careful and get them checked prior if possible, been there myself many times so know what to lookout for.

Reactions: Langers1710 and northpole
also check around the wheel refurbishers in your area, most in my town can source you imperfect oem wheels with good tires and if you don't want them refurbished yet you can get a bargain

Reactions: Charlie Farley
In your opinions, what other 19 inch wheels would look good? Within £600 budget?

wheels are so personal.. i like a ton of wheels but oem and in 19 inch? the OEM s-line ronals (a6 models) are sweet as (you've seen a picture before), the DTM wheels, audi rs4 wheels both the older models and the newer Lemans models, all the OEM BBS speedlines wheels etc etc etc ... i've also seen some wheels on the audi q7 that would look ace on the b7 platform thing is i don't know the model name. And a left wing one that always makes me look at them and think they'd be perfect on the B7 are the VW pheaton wheels. they are called Helios ( they wouldn't be in your set budget range though )...

and i don't know if you've seen the new model seat cupra wheels but some of them are so nice...

Last edited:
I found these but not sure they would fit as they are 245/35 19 and they are off 2021 Audi a4

Yeah 5 mm spacers should give you etc 35 but don't forget the spigot rings and best to have hubcentric spacers with those and don't forget to get longer wheelbolts... you can use the oem ones but they'll be missing 5mm of depth where normally they would fit through about 3 to 4 mm it shouldn't be a problem if the bolts are torqued up right but better save than sorry is my motto.

So basically I could get wheels with bigger tyres but would need to buy spacers to bring the et down to around 35?
Sorry for all the questions

As you are going up in diameter you need to reduce the tyre sidewall height(ratio to width) accordingly otherwise the tyre overall diameter and circumference will be wrong, hence why 235/35 19 is the preferred option as its as close as one will get to 18" OEM spec.

ET 40 is possible but you will most likely have issues on the front and even morseso with 245/35 tyres, maybe small amount but small amount can have negative results.
The lower higher the ET offset number the more inboard the wheel will sit, hence you need ET in the low 30's to get a nice look with or without spacer etc.

You can't use the tires as they will rub they are to big... they'll either touch the shocks or the arches... non of which are safe... the tire will be cut into and at something will blow and incase of touching the arches will mean the arches will deform... so if you are willing to pay that much I'd just look at Facebook for the wheels without tires buy new tires in the right size and speed category (it's Y) and have the lot fitted. With spigot and a 5mm spacer. That should do the trick.

On Facebook I have seen them in good nick without tires just take your time and have a good search. The cheapest ones I have seen in 19 inch are asking 350 and more but all under 500 pounds.

To be honest with that damage they are way over priced,

And don't forget , an 8.5j rim is 12.7 mm wider than and 8j , so effectively 13mm wider , half that figure and add it to the offset.

so ET 38 with no spacers + 6mm will end up close to ET 32.

just keep that in mind.

I am always amazed at how knowledgeable you guys are in wheels and tyres... still struggle to get my head round offset this, ET that and so on :)

I can just about handle number of spokes and colour :)

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
Maybe easier if you look here https://www.willtheyfit.com/

I don't need to use these calculators but may help you , but all info is approximate as specific car mods and specs may vary.
it's designed purely as a guide to how different wheel sizes and specs compare on a like-for-like basis.

to the OP if this helps , this is my S Line Special edition in black with 18" lemans in anthracite ( barrels in black )

IMG 3956 1

• Love
Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
I am always amazed at how knowledgeable you guys are in wheels and tyres... still struggle to get my head round offset this, ET that and so on :)

Lol it comes with messing about swapping wheels all the time... at a certain point you learn to check and measure and do calculations before buying anything.

I've done it soo many times now over the years and more so over the last 10 years of owning the b7 that its almost second nature now...could probably work it out in my sleep...lol

Just trying getting something to clear 18Z brembo's and still fit the way one wants, absolute nightmare but some alloys will such as OZ etc.