Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you do search youtube to find out how to put the ESC into sport, its very restrictive otherwise and will flash at you as you push on a bit and its not obvious where it is hidden
Basically
Select Vehicle, swipe vehicle, select brakes and the ESC mode will appear
You can set a shortcut apparently, then its swipe down and select it, confirm it, mush easier than just pressing the ESC button !
Have you tested one yourself ?

Have you tested one yourself ?
Yes twice! second time because I couldnt find the ESC button on the first demo and it was interfeering, sorry assisting me by cutting power and flashing at me where my 7.5R would have just driven out of the corner.
I found the drive very very good once set to ESC Sport, no understeer at all, if anything at all when coming out of a roundabout like a nutter it's a full four wheel drift with perhaps a slight bias to the rear of the car, very rewarding and a well set up/developed car, down the 'right' road it would take some catching no matter what you were in.
I'm on the RS3 forum and waiting list (Build week16 Vorsprung SB Tango red) because I felt the interior was a downgrade from my 7.5R, just cheaper everywhere even down to having a bonnet support, you know a bent piece of steel rod you hold the bonnet up with instead of a gas strut ***. A lot are having infotainment issues and there is a complete lack of switches/buttons which I also didnt like

Have a look over on VWROC forum, theres some good info there under Gremlins and quick questions tips etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze
Warranty is great and I perfectly understand what you're saying and how it works, but when things go pear shaped having the finance company onside is a massive help. At the end of the day, they will take the vehicle back and the financial liability and asset value is theirs not the borrower. They look want/need the car to be in A1 perfect working order.

Each to their own though, we all have our own plans and ways of doing things, some people take pride in ownership some people see cars as a monthly cost. We still all get to drive them so for me it makes no difference, I'll still be able to kick back in old age and look back on all the memories and adventures I've had in all of the cars I've driven.
yes mate Daytona this time for me. Thankfully I’ve never had that colour before so it will be new to me even though it’s been around a long time. I’ve always admired Daytona but gone with something else in the past. I also think it does suit the 8y RS3.

the white is growing on me too now we’re seeing some more / better photos but I need a change from white.
Yep same for me.
Never had it, always wanted it, definitely going for Daytona this time.

Reactions: 3vans and Snake Pliskin
No chance surely?!

How big is the tank?
Maybe it was in efficiency mode (I thought I read the engine can do clever stuff in the mode to conserve fuel)

Believe the tank is 55 litres (12.1 gallons)

The combined mpg is 31.4 on the super economical standard RS3 but drops to 31.0 on the heavy lardy fully optioned other models (it’ll be the spoiler on the Carbon black and the pan roof & steering wheel on the Vorsprung that ruin the mpg :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

So the combined mpg range is 375 to 380 miles.

But I recall Thomas on Autogefughl saying on a reasonable cruise he got 7litres per 100km, this equates to 40.3mpg. So if you drove with a tankful at that rate you would get 487miles, lol (I suspect that drive would be quite boring too)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Keano04
Do you really think i'm going into the showroom making a nuisance of myself? a drive past the showroom and a walk through where all the newly delivered cars are parked to see if their demo car is there is enough, I just dont trust sales man talk period when they are telling me their demo hasnt arrived yet when all around Audi dealers are offloading their demo's for a quick profit.

First I know just how good a Golf R drives, I'm a 'little' concerned that Audi have felt the need for wider front wheels and tyres and Semi slicks to post the time around the Nurburgring which is only 15 seconds quicker than a std tyre equiped Golf 8R, almost as if they are trying to hide or cover up something with those larger fronts, as much as I like the 5 cyl sound the feel of the car is more important to me.

And then you say this after asking me why I need a test ride?
Well i test drove a S3 2015 before l got my own first demo car had magride and my car didn't huge mistake hated that S3 sold it as soon as l broke even on the pcp.

So you drove a car with mag ride and then ordered one without and then complain about it ***?

I test drove both the S3 and the Golf R 7.5 (In 2017) both cars with the options I wanted before deciding the Golf would run 4 rings around the S3, just watch Carwow between Golf 8R and S3........................Cars are too expensive to make mistakes and regret what you have purchased
Heading off to outskirts of London and plan to do a mass Audi dealer visit. I know I could just use telephone but that is boring. Also don’t think it would be much help to you either, but maybe see some other colours.

Reactions: johnmv55 and Add_Profile
Shrewsbury audi haven’t had one or won’t be getting one until next year.
As I said, they said they have one coming in any day but it’s now been sold and will come in but will just be prepped and out for the buyer rather than going into the showroom.

Even though I’m local to Shrewsbury I use Stafford and Crewe for new cars as they order and sell shed loads of s and rs cars. Shrewsbury tend to just have basic models. I was just there for servicing so thought I’d ask

Reactions: Rs31981
As I said, they said they have one coming in any day but it’s now been sold and will come in but will just be prepped and out for the buyer rather than going into the showroom.

Even though I’m local to Shrewsbury I use Stafford and Crewe for new cars as they order and sell shed loads of s and rs cars. Shrewsbury tend to just have basic models. I was just there for servicing so thought I’d ask
there telling me porkys then, they say my carbon will arrive before there Launch model.

there telling me porkys then, they say my carbon will arrive before there Launch model.
Although the more I think about it the more unlikely I think it is Shrewsbury would get a official launch model. I’d imagine they’re referring to their parts bin special that’s being dropped off

Reactions: Rs31981
One of my favourite colours, if I remember correctly I’ve had 4 Audis that colour but fancied a change of colour so now I’m on a Desire Red Formentor.
Did you get shot of your daytona fl saloon mate

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Yes twice! second time because I couldnt find the ESC button on the first demo and it was interfeering, sorry assisting me by cutting power and flashing at me where my 7.5R would have just driven out of the corner.
I found the drive very very good once set to ESC Sport, no understeer at all, if anything at all when coming out of a roundabout like a nutter it's a full four wheel drift with perhaps a slight bias to the rear of the car, very rewarding and a well set up/developed car, down the 'right' road it would take some catching no matter what you were in.
I'm on the RS3 forum and waiting list (Build week16 Vorsprung SB Tango red) because I felt the interior was a downgrade from my 7.5R, just cheaper everywhere even down to having a bonnet support, you know a bent piece of steel rod you hold the bonnet up with instead of a gas strut ***. A lot are having infotainment issues and there is a complete lack of switches/buttons which I also didnt like

Have a look over on VWROC forum, theres some good info there under Gremlins and quick questions tips etc
Yes the interior is a bit of a stumbling block for me too its a massive step away from previous Generations of golfs also not a lover of touch screens in cars but that's the way everything is going unfortunately .
Is the ESC sport something you can set permanently or is it a case of having to set it every time you get in the car ?

I'am still massively interest in the Rs3 and haven't ruled it out just yet but the deals you can get on the R are hard to ignore at 14% off

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, johnmv55 and AndyVWR
Although the more I think about it the more unlikely I think it is Shrewsbury would get a official launch model. I’d imagine they’re referring to their parts bin special that’s being dropped off
The whole rs3 thing is a complete **** show no info and speculation mate.

Reactions: johnmv55 and Jassyo06

And that is exactly why I am keeping a close eye on my ordering dealer, they have a build week 36 that I suspect they may do similar with, I need to 'catch' it on arrival, luckily my dealer keeps all the newly delivered cars still in their paint protection in an open car park :)

Yes the interior is a bit of a stumbling block for me too its a massive step away from previous Generations of golfs also not a lover of touch screens in cars but that's the way everything is going unfortunately .
Is the ESC sport something you can set permanently or is it a case of having to set it every time you get in the car ?

I'am still massively interest in the Rs3 and haven't ruled it out just yet but the deals you can get on the R are hard to ignore at 14% off
No, its an every drive thing and if you select ACC it reverts back to 'Sport' mode and turns the ESC back to very nanny mode, also in 7.5 Golf the selected mode (ECO/Comfort/Race/individual etc) stays on last selected, on the 8R it always goes to 'Sport' on every ignition 'on'

No one has been able to alter this with VCDS, some have altered the steering wheel heater to 'wheel without heating' as they find they turn the heating on accidentally and some other small items to 'remember last setting' all via VCDS

You can set 4 (I Think) favourites up that are the available with a simple down swipe of the screen, so stop/start and ESC would take 2 positions up, it's just a little messy and I think a step too far

I am so dissapointed and ANNOYED with VW as the Golf R suits me perfectly until VW have messed the new one up, I would be so pi**ed off if I went 8R and after a day or so wished I had my 7.5 back, imho the 7.5R is a nicer place to be for 90% (maybe more) of the time, it's that last 10% of 8R performance ability that the 7.5 could never do

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Just email Audi customer services and have a rant (like ive just done :) ) wont make any difference at all but might make you feel better :)

With the amount of unfulfilled orders I’m 100% sure they could have got on the phone to a few people that are waiting and let them have it.

It also raises the question as to whether dealers will gazump genuine orders and knock you back a couple of months to make an instant profit?
I actually got a reply saying thay understand how annoyed I am about dealers selling at a premium, maybe worth an email, who knows?

Audi know exactly what's going on with the current sale prices, all the numbers are known and captured as with any other manufacturer. Source: Dealership Manager from other brand.

It's frustrating but just one of them things while they capitalise on hype and people happy to be 'the first'.

There's me. I find the HUD distracting, it's fine during the day but at night even on it's dimmest setting it's just annoying and in the way, and I have it all adjusted to the lowest part of the display as well. There's nothing wrong with the graphics or anything on it. BMW one that is, never had an Audi with one.
In the way? Do you sit in quite a low position then? Cos the only way the HUD could get in my way would be if my focus when driving was the road just in front of my bonnet... Otherwise I literally don't see it unless I look down from my natural line of vision.

I guess what people do and don't notice is vastly different though.... I can't see my HUD unless looking for it but I can spot a dead pixel from across the room on a TV I've just spent more than a grand on and can't unsee it.

• Haha
Reactions: HulkRS3 and Add_Profile
Just looks too much like an aftermarket spoiler?
Genuine
66EE4FFC 3AFE 45A9 AEF2 5446F6E6251F
331623D2 A2CE 4E0E B94D EB58B75E4A7D

Reactions: johnmv55 and Daggerit
I'd have OCD nightmares about not being able to get to the paintwork properly to polish/coat.

Plus, IMO, it looks a bit naff. At least with the A35/A45 the wing is part of a full 'aero' pack, as a standalone item on the RS3 it's looks out of place. Again, all IMO.

Reactions: AndyVWR
The combined mpg is 31.4 on the super economical standard RS3 but drops to 31.0 on the heavy lardy fully optioned other models (it’ll be the spoiler on the Carbon black and the pan roof & steering wheel on the Vorsprung that ruin the mpg :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Why is it that BMW always seem to trump Audi/VW engines with superior fuel consumption?
eg:
A 6 cylinder 3.0 litre 375hp twin turbo 340i Touring claims 35mpg and thats a much bigger car than an RS3

Reactions: AndyVWR, Jcbmally and Daggerit
Why is it that BMW always seem to trump Audi/VW engines with superior fuel consumption?
eg:
A 6 cylinder 3.0 litre 375hp twin turbo 340i Touring claims 35mpg and thats a much bigger car than an RS3

I imagine having an extra gear and not having ratios designed for sportiness will be a large contributing factor to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnmv55
eg:

I believe the m340i is a mild hybrid… only 10hp or something but must help.

Reactions: johnmv55
eg:

lol woudlnt be too sure, BMWs claims are BS also. My 2021 X3M is averaging 17mpg since new after 7k miles, I was told to expect 30 but realistically 25, been nowhere near that. I’ve been as low as 12! My stage 1 RS3 after 3 year was 27mpg, was more than happy with that! Don’t appear to be driving them any differently, however the BM is close on if not over 2 tonnes. My mates M2 was averaging 20...all car manufacturers and their claims of MPG are nonsense and should always be taken with a pinch of salt

Reactions: NevMan
lol woudlnt be too sure, BMWs claims are BS also. My 2021 X3M is averaging 17mpg since new after 7k miles, I was told to expect 30 but realistically 25, been nowhere near that. I’ve been as low as 12! My stage 1 RS3 after 3 year was 27mpg, was more than happy with that! Don’t appear to be driving them any differently, however the BM is close on if not over 2 tonnes. My mates M2 was averaging 20...all car manufacturers and their claims of MPG are nonsense and should always be taken with a pinch of salt

*cup of salt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92, NevMan, johnmv55 and 1 other person
the S3 is struggling to pull off that colour whereas the RS3 has the extra muscle to make it work - not liking it on the S3 at all.
You meant the RS3 has less paint on it than a S3 so it wears it better lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Never heard of that paint colour from Porsche but then again they've got dozens of green paint colours anyway is this on Audi approved used in Germany as its a weird spec as is the colour
Yes it’s in Germany

Reactions: Jassyo06
One of my favourite colours, if I remember correctly I’ve had 4 Audis that colour but fancied a change of colour so now I’m on a Desire Red Formentor.
What happened to the Saloon??? I know I aint been on here often.... but.... lol :whistle2:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
eg:
My girlfriends 128ti is terrible on fuel. It's a 2.0l turbo with 260bhp and it was terrible on fuel versus my 8Y S3 with 310/315. It has an extra gear too.
Porsche colour - green yellow uni

Spot on.

That is the M though tbf. My X3 M40i averaged 31mpg with mixed, but well
Over 40 when on motorway

Reactions: johnmv55, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
yes mate Daytona this time for me. Thankfully I’ve never had that colour before so it will be new to me even though it’s been around a long time. I’ve always admired Daytona but gone with something else in the past. I also think it does suit the 8y RS3.

the white is growing on me too now we’re seeing some more / better photos but I need a change from white.
Did you get shot of your daytona fl saloon mate

What happened to the Saloon??? I know I aint been on here often.... but.... lol :whistle2:
Well gents I had it a couple of weeks and it started to go wrong. The first thing was a ticking noise that the dealer couldn’t quite figure out and then the rumbling from the ACT started and a bearing was going in the gearbox (Audi Tech words not mine). Eventually it went to pot as the cam and ACT decided to eat itself. Needless to say it was retuned to the dealer and money returned. House extension/upgrades was priority so wasn’t fussed on replacement but then I got a deal on this.
So far so good and SWMBO was the decision maker.

Attachments

• 2895F852-247A-47EC-B0DE-579F63B1994A.jpeg
    2895F852-247A-47EC-B0DE-579F63B1994A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 04FB26CE-D1F3-40FF-B1B4-DAE2F087E16B.jpeg
    04FB26CE-D1F3-40FF-B1B4-DAE2F087E16B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
  • 88BEF9D6-2E76-49EB-A6AA-C316427954B1.jpeg
    88BEF9D6-2E76-49EB-A6AA-C316427954B1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85
  • Love
Reactions: BarryG79, pburv, RS3ree and 5 others