Auto-Relock Off

TitaniumTom

Reaction score
Hi,

First post here...first of many I expect!

Does anyone know how to switch off auto-relock on an 8P? 2004 model if it makes a difference. I have VCDS so can code it out if that's the only way.

Basically my drivers door open microswitch doesn't work. I had the same issue on a mk4 Golf and ended up locking myself out miles from home by inadvertently putting the key on the seat while walking round to the boot, in which time the car relocked. Not fussed by the doors open picture or lights warning so if I can just switch off the auto relock that would be great.

Cheers
Tom

Hi,

First post here...first of many I expect!

Does anyone know how to switch off auto-relock on an 8P? 2004 model if it makes a difference. I have VCDS so can code it out if that's the only way.

Basically my drivers door open microswitch doesn't work. I had the same issue on a mk4 Golf and ended up locking myself out miles from home by inadvertently putting the key on the seat while walking round to the boot, in which time the car relocked. Not fussed by the doors open picture or lights warning so if I can just switch off the auto relock that would be great.

Cheers
Tom

I’ve just bought a Carista unit for my 8P and I am pretty sure that is one of the options you can change. Someone else may be able to confirm that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I want to switch off re-lock, not drive-off locking. When you unlock the car, if you don't open a door quick enough it relocks again, this is what I want to turn off.

I’ve just bought a Carista unit for my 8P and I am pretty sure that is one of the options you can change. Someone else may be able to confirm that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah that sounds good, if you can do it with the Carista then it should be doable through VCDS.

Easily done with VCDS or OBDEleven in the central locking module.

Reactions: TitaniumTom
Brilliant, thanks. Just waiting on my blue cruise wire to arrive and will do this at the same time as coding the cruise in.

If i mind rightly ( well in my 2009 ) check the comfort module and i am sure it is in there somewhere

If i mind rightly ( well in my 2009 ) check the comfort module and i am sure it is in there somewhere

Yep, it's in central convenience. I've found a local door latch for £15 from a 3dr Mk5 Golf though...would that fit a late 2004 A3? I was expecting £40+!

Yep, it's in central convenience. I've found a local door latch for £15 from a 3dr Mk5 Golf though...would that fit a late 2004 A3? I was expecting £40+!
Sorry to say that i wouldn't know mate but i am sure there will be someone who will know on here .