How do I fit my 'curry hook'??

Dave Wilson

Reaction score
Hi all - I'd followed an online discussion about storage in the S4, storage is pretty poor in mine, I don't even have a hook in the boot, so I bought one :)
I can't work out how it fits though. There are 2 small square holes in the roof of the boot (under where the rear window is) which seem to fit the fixing holes on the hook. It came supplied with two metal lugs which go behind the metal roof but 1) the lugs are too big to go through the hole, 2) access behind there is impossible.

Can anyone help with suggestions please? I could glue it on if that's what it came to, but what sort of glue for he metal / plastic interface would I use bearing in mind the downward force it would need to withstand?

Hook

I think you have the wrong lugs. The lugs that came with mine were square plastic, which you press into the holes shown in your picture.

I have the extended storage but only seem to have one hook on the right hand side, in the manual looks like there should be 2 one either side? I spoke to Audi today they are going to check and if so will fit additional hook for me

You're in luck mate, I was given an extra set for some reason when I ordered mine. They're yours if you want'em. Pm me with your details and I'll send them over. 20171216 232953 1

Reactions: Bristle Hound, RaZ A4 and happytalk73
Argghhhh...my eyes my eyes...@Dave Wilson has one of those Mercede things as his avatar!!! :fearscream::puke2::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Haha yeh I do, only had the S4 for 3 months. Haven’t got round to taking a picture of it yet because winter lasts for 11 months in the UK...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Riko0073
Haha yeh I do, only had the S4 for 3 months. Haven’t got round to taking a picture of it yet because winter lasts for 11 months in the UK...
Haha, I know what you mean mate, they never stay clean for long!

Hope you’re enjoying the S4.

I have the extended storage but only seem to have one hook on the right hand side, in the manual looks like there should be 2 one either side? I spoke to Audi today they are going to check and if so will fit additional hook for me

Mine also only had one hook with extended storage. The dealer just said "that's how it is now". I bought another hook for a few quid from a parts request on here. Took a minute to fit it.

Yeh thought someone might say that. However it’s more logical because it’s immediately accessible and easy to use than if it was facing forward.

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
You're welcome. Merry Christmas and all the best folks!

If anyone else wants to do this (as I just have) the press-in captive nut fittings you'll need are VW/Audi part number 811807577C. I got a handful of them off eBay for £1.50.

Reactions: Ben Harper and Dave Wilson
Is anyone able to confirm the part number for the hook itself?

Looks like it might be the same on as in the A4 B8 but I can't seem to find any definitive information or an updated parts database for the B9.

It is indeed the same as the B8 one. I got mine from a Parts Request on here. Not sure on the actual part number though.

Many thanks Neil, will go put a request in as you recommended.
Looks like I will need the correct nuts and screws to fit the B9 too from what others have been saying.

There are plenty to choose from on eBay. As far as I can see, it's a standard fitting: one of the two I fitted to my S4 was advertised as having come from an A8. I think there are some Chinese knock-offs about as well, which will fit but don't have the damped retracting action of the genuine item - if this is important.

Many thanks Neil, will go put a request in as you recommended.
Looks like I will need the correct nuts and screws to fit the B9 too from what others have been saying.

Mine came with the screws and nuts and it all fit perfectly.