Do I have the correct oil in my engine...

Kestrel

It's my birthday
Reaction score
On collection a year ago my car was put on `Fixed Servicing`. A few days ago it had its first annual service. Once home I had a close look at the paperwork and saw that the invoice stated `Carried out Longlife service oil and filter only to manufacturers specification`.

My concern was have they carried out a `flexible service` and do they use different oil, for different regimes (Fixed and Flexible?)…if so, does my car now have the wrong oil.

I contacted the dealer and was told that they use the same oil for both fixed and flexible services. I was surprised but accepted that.

Anyway, yesterday I noticed on the MMI that the next service is not due for another 700 days…suggesting that it has in fact been moved to flexible servicing. Checking again with the dealer they confirmed that yes it had mistakenly been changed.

My only concern here is with the oil in my car. Does anyone know for sure whether different oil should be used for each service regime?

Many thanks.

Long Life oil is superior to fixed servicing oil, so can be used. However fixed servicing oil CAN NOT be used for Long Life. 99% of dealers use Long Life oil for everything as its cheaper for them to buy 1 type of oil and it is approved by Audi to be used on all servicing regimes and cars with and without DPF's.

Also, if the car has a DPF it MUST use Long Life oil regardless of servicing regime. All B9 TDI's will have a DPF. Yours being a TFSI won't though.

In short....it has the correct oil in it. Maybe get the dealer to reset the instrument cluster to fixed servicing for you though.

Also, all this info is in your owners manual. However they call Long Life oil "507.00" and Fixed Servicing oil "505.00" (or is it 504.00, I forget).

Reactions: Daggerit and cuke2u
Long Life oil is superior to fixed servicing oil, so can be used. However fixed servicing oil CAN NOT be used for Long Life. 99% of dealers use Long Life oil for everything as its cheaper for them to buy 1 type of oil and it is approved by Audi to be used on all servicing regimes and cars with and without DPF's.

Also, if the car has a DPF it MUST use Long Life oil regardless of servicing regime. All B9 TDI's will have a DPF. Yours being a TFSI won't though.

In short....it has the correct oil in it. Maybe get the dealer to reset the instrument cluster to fixed servicing for you though.

Also, all this info is in your owners manual. However they call Long Life oil "507.00" and Fixed Servicing oil "505.00" (or is it 504.00, I forget).
Thank you so much Mario.
I am much relieved.
Regards
Mike.

All the dealerships I worked in had an external oil tank which is filled with longlife oil (5w30) the tanks pipework runs to each service bay so the techs can just pump it into the engine. Only the models that require special oil R8 for example or older cars will get the 5 litre bottles from the stores. So you will always see longlife on your invoice regardless of service schedule or unless you supply the oil.