How to clean my S4's DPF

Filipão

Reaction score
:yes:
20181018 IMG 7937 FAKE
20181018 IMG 7938 FAKE

Reactions: Daggerit, pagenotfound, voorhees and 1 other person
OK, I'll bite. What is DPF?
Also what is the 16/10 in yellow on the number plate?
Love the sleepermobile. A4 TDI without V6T on the front guards, but quad pipes. Interesting.

On a S4????
Anyway dpf's perform a regen self clean. If it's interupted then usually a 20 mile blast at 60mph in third will force one.
Or I believe it can be activated with vcds...

Last edited:
Just to clarify, it’s an S4 with an A4 and TDI badging. Not for me though I’m afraid. I’m all for taking the badges off but putting TDI badging on an S4 is too much for me I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keef
One very popular way to clean it is to take it out and blast it with high pressure water from the outlet way.
And once you have it out ... gut it out not worry anymore about it

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan of the TDI badges to be honest. Would look like a crazy person filling up with petrol at the pump.

Reactions: Daggerit
I know that there was some talk of fitting dpf's to petrol engines, although not called that, but I didn't think we were there yet so I guess this is tongue in cheek humour?

Just to clarify, it’s an S4 with an A4 and TDI badging. Not for me though I’m afraid. I’m all for taking the badges off but putting TDI badging on an S4 is too much for me I’m afraid.

Daftest idea anyone could have and devalues the car to the eye. Surely be better just to debadge it...

Reactions: Keef and Daggerit
I know that there was some talk of fitting dpf's to petrol engines but I didn't think we were there yet so I guess this is tongue in cheek humour?

Exactly that. They’ll likely be ‘PPF’s for petrol particulate filter rather than DPF I assume.

Well if it has a particulate filter then there is probably no need to force a regen as petrol engine exhausts run twice as hot as diesels anyway...

raises so many questions...

One piece of advice, never ever lend it to anyone with a nearly empty fuel tank who decides to fill it up and sees TDI on the back...

Be fine the diesel nozzle doesn’t fit into the petrol fill.

raises so many questions...

One piece of advice, never ever lend it to anyone with a nearly empty fuel tank who decides to fill it up and sees TDI on the back...

Reactions: cuke2u

No SSS front seats as per S4? Or are overseas specs different?

No SSS front seats as per S4? Or are overseas specs different?
If you mean sports seats, they appear to be very much like Oz spec OEM seats, which I find s-o-o much better better. In fact, at the Audi track day I spoke with a salesperson who drove out a RS4, which did not have sports seats, who said sports seats were a specific order now (Oz spec Audi factory options come in packs, not individually - a pain in the @$$ actually), as buyers wanted the lumbar support, massage function etc. the sports seats do not offer.

See M badges stuck on all manner of BMW's.. seems to be the worst brand for the dreamers and posers.

Reactions: Sandra
At least its not like Vauxhall who have this habit of sticking 'Turbo' badges on their cars.
I think I might invest in one of those signs of old that used to state 'Keep back, servo assisted brakes'!!!

FOTOGRAFIAS 20180625 7
FOTOGRAFIAS 20180625 8
@SMI77 These are the standard S4 seats for this market.

IMHO they are indeed a plus as you are able to adjust the headrests. PERFECT for a 61 years young fardt.

Reactions: SMI77
Precisely!

Only wish I could be quieter, that would be heaven (exhaust)

I don't want to point out the obvious but you could have saved quite a lot of money by not buying the 'Sports model' of this car?

Reactions: pierreluigi88 and Daggerit
I don't want to point out the obvious but you could have saved quite a lot of money by not buying the 'Sports model' of this car?

I'm inclined to agree. The V6 diesel would've done everything you wanted, and you wouldn't have had to stick fake badges on it.

This has got to be the daftest thread I have ever had the pleasure to be part of...

Reactions: Filipão and Daggerit
These are the standard S4 seats for this market.
IMHO they are indeed a plus as you are able to adjust the headrests. PERFECT for a 61 years young fardt.
Yep, same type and correct about the headrests. Never known a vehicle with such adjustability. Even SWMBO is happy!!
Are you only 61. Sorry, can't remember back that far!! ;-)
Perhaps the Sports Seats may have been better at the recent track day, but anywhere else the standard seats are a no-brainer.
Why do you have more controls than ours on the passengers seat??

I'm inclined to agree. The V6 diesel would've done everything you wanted, and you wouldn't have had to stick fake badges on it.

Oh, I've had one V6 Diesel for seven years, indeed!

What an amazing engine that 1.9Tdi had. I loved it.

20171130 19Tdi c

Reactions: cuke2u
I guess I'm just never going to understand the badging of a car to less than what it is... Nice Allroad though.

I find the UK standard S4 sports seats very comfy. I was initially panicking as when i first sat in them when i picked up my S4 i thought that they were not as comfy as my M135 seats - (i am 6 foot 3 and suffer with back pain)

I was actually dreading the drive from dealer (Manchester ) back to South Wales.

However my back feels so much better in these seats than my M135

I find the UK standard S4 sports seats very comfy. I was initially panicking as when i first sat in them when i picked up my S4 i thought that they were not as comfy as my M135 seats - (i am 6 foot 3 and suffer with back pain)

I was actually dreading the drive from dealer (Manchester ) back to South Wales.

However my back feels so much better in these seats than my M135

I agree. I did over 1000 miles in two days driving down to Miltek and back and had no issues with the seats at all. I found that if I started to feel a little tight in my back I just threw on the massage for 10 minutes and I was good to go for a fair few miles more!

If you had an R8 would you put TDI badges on that also?
I understand having a sleeper car like a Vauxhall Nova with a Redtop engine but not the other way around.