Reaction score
I want to do a good service on my car, I would like to replace the following:

Air filter
Fuel filter
Pollen filter
Oil filter (cartridge)
Oil
Spark plugs

I'm also wanting to drop the sump, clean the oil pickup and flush the engine to solve an error code I have currently. Is there a sump gasket or is it an alternative affair?

Can anyone recommend a good company to source the above through and what specific oil and spark plugs I will need please?

I believe they are a thin gasket sealer.

Might also be worth changing the HPFP cam follower if it hasnt been done.

Reactions: Bugeye_bob
Yeah I'm going to change that too, I'm phoning Audi tomorrow as the one I've seen on eBay (from Audi Cardiff) won't arrive in time.

I got all my service parts From Mike on here

Reactions: mjr901, Mark A Greenwood and S3Alex
As for oil i would use quantum longlife 3, 5/30. There are lots of places on eBay that sell it for around £20 for 5l and for the rest euros are probably your best bet.

Reactions: mjr901 and kash_v
Don't flush .

Quantum LongLife III
NGK
Mann filters
Mann FreciousPlus pollen filter .

When it comes to oil I only use Quantum of the appropriate grade which can normally be sourced ridiculously cheaply via eBay eg 5 litres 5W-30 Longlife III for £19 delivered, even from my local TPS it's £22.
For air , fuel and pollen filters I'm happy to use a decent German filter brand like Mann or Hengst sourced from Euro Car Parts or GSF.
When it comes to oil filters I'd never personally use anything other than a Genuine item.
It may well be a filter made by Mann (as they are OE-suppliers) in a fancy box but it shows IMHO that you care about your vehicles engine and want the best.
I've found I can normally get a Genuine oil filter on eBay for less than the cost of an aftermarket one anyway.

Thanks guys some great help there, I need to flush it though because my oil has turned all mayo like due to condensation from short journeys.

Gimme a buzz i'll smash you a deal on some Castrol oil too!

If I don't answer is because Im running solo at the moment and I'm being pulled every which way.

01905 346808

Reactions: Bluetfsi
I recently did a service by myself (which I regret, more on that later). As someone already mentioned, just go for carparts4less.com and for most items I ended up choosing Mann as they seem to be the OEM for Audi anyway. The only exception was the spark plugs, for which I chose NGK platinum coated ones and they are supposed to be better than the Bosch ones fitted by Audi. Castrol Edge for oil since that's what Audi recommends. All in all changing everything cost me less than £90.

Now to the regret part. Had I done the same service at an authorised dealer (where mine had been serviced all along for the last 10 years) it would have cost me around £150 more but I think in the grand scheme of things that's not bad. Firstly a lot less hassle. Secondly MOT pass guarantee. I had my lesson and form now on back to the dealer again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gimme a buzz i'll smash you a deal on some Castrol oil too!

If I don't answer is because Im running solo at the moment and I'm being pulled every which way.

01905 346808

Where are you based?

I'm in Worcester. Give me a call when you are ready and i'll run through costings with you.

Kind Regards,

Mike

That's nice! CP/ECP are doing it for £30 after discount code applied. Must eBay more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk