Cable through firewall from engine bay

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
I'm just starting to install an Alpine X701D-A system into our B8 and am also adding the front and rear cameras

I can't see an easy way through the firewall for the front camera cable. Done the usual google searches but all I've found is LHD guides which obviously vary from my RHD car

Can anyone offer any advise from experience of doing this please?

TIA
efcdd65f9f771ced8da36e314acb0eb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate, this was a pain to find but you can run a line from under the drivers footwell left hand side up through the ecu box and out into the engine bay I'll get u a pic

I ran the boost hose for my gauge that way

So Iv got no photos from drivers footwell but if you remove cover in engine bay seen in pic and remove cover in drivers footwell you can see light from inside then just feed cable there's a point in ecu box for cable to go though so you can refit lid properly and there is a point on the top panel for a cable into engine bay

Hope this helps

IMG 3415

IMG 3416

Chop

That's great thank you... I found the grommet through the top panel and removed the cover for all the wiring in that corner but just couldn't see! I'll give it a go in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chop.
Yeh I had a mare finding it but if you take the top stuff off then the panel in the footwell and look up from inside you should see the light and the way though

Chop