What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Wanted to wait till everything arrived but couldn't so threw the first 2 parts of the puzzle on today (my youngest's 2nd birthday aswel)

975be7aea9f197379c8c8727d6509a50.jpg

Fell in love and now contacted a company for quotes on one off parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
Steaudi, love it! If you need centre caps or the right bolt in valves, drop me a Pm and I'll see what i can sort out.:)

Reactions: Steaudi
Steaudi, love it! If you need centre caps or the right bolt in valves, drop me a Pm and I'll see what i can sort out.:)

Thanks mate I will keep you in mind, now I'm just looking at springs, and there are so many to choose from, anyone have springs only which they can recommend? Don't want to go to low as I don't want the kids in the back looking like nodding dogs, with they heads! Just want something not harsh

Thanks mate I will keep you in mind, now I'm just looking at springs, and there are so many to choose from, anyone have springs only which they can recommend? Don't want to go to low as I don't want the kids in the back looking like nodding dogs, with they heads! Just want something not harsh

I've been told h&r are the best to go for nice drop and good comfort

Love those Bentleys mate, they just seem to suit the A/S/RS4's better then anything else.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that mate, but with the wife driving it most of the time with the kids in I don't want anything to harsh, I was thinking of just going with springs, do you have a suggestions on springs mate? God I'm 34 tomorrow should I still be doing all this at my age? The wife thinks I'm having a midlife crisis, but surely I'm too young for that? I just want a nice family car, what people look at and go "that's nice" it not that much to ask for is it ha?

only 34 , you're still a wee nipper chap...lol, according to my good lady I've been having a mid life crisis with cars and bikes for the last 30 years....I really don't know why she thinks that to be honest..haha

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, maxdrz400, Steaudi and 1 other person
only 34 , you're still a wee nipper chap...lol, according to my good lady I've been having a mid life crisis with cars and bikes for the last 30 years....I really don't know why she thinks that to be honest..haha

That's because you can't make your ****** mind up Rob....but I'm sure I'll still be modding cars till the day I die

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i'm 40, mrs, 2 kids and a dog and the avant is the most modded car i've had yet, my bike is has major mods too lol,

can't beat it

Wanted to wait till everything arrived but couldn't so threw the first 2 parts of the puzzle on today (my youngest's 2nd birthday aswel)

975be7aea9f197379c8c8727d6509a50.jpg

Fell in love and now contacted a company for quotes on one off parts

Genuine?

Yeah, waiting on rear ash tray and dash. All from different people!

I had to double check weaves on them to ensure they matched.

Each one regardless of the part number could have the carbon laid differently.

Depending on other current bids could have another front ash tray

Reactions: Dani_B19
Never knew that mate.

Bet it's costing you a small fortune.

Never knew that mate.

Bet it's costing you a small fortune.

Yeah I didn't until looking at two front trays and gear surround to see the weave in light go opposite ways.

So have to have it matching obviously.

Expensive but I got the wife Jimmy Choo's for her birthday so she can't say anything

And now I have extra parts, Sod's law

From buying groups to get the weave. Currently have 2 front ashtrays. And depending on the weave from the trims could have a gear surround aswel. So what's in my picture really.

Problem is then selling them as they are separate pieces.

All for a good cause though

I've just gotten back from giving her a lovely run out to Manchester Airport and back after dropping the Mrs and her daughter off for a week in Benidorm to celebrate her future Daughter in Laws hen do.

Averaged 56mpg getting there and then it dropped down to 42mpg on the way back.....strange as you would've thought that less weight in the car would make it more economical :sunglasses:

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro and Tyrer
I've just gotten back from giving her a lovely run out to Manchester Airport and back after dropping the Mrs and her daughter off for a week in Benidorm to celebrate her future Daughter in Laws hen do.

Averaged 56mpg getting there and then it dropped down to 42mpg on the way back.....strange as you would've thought that less weight in the car would make it more economical :sunglasses:

But without the Mrs in the car did you have a little more fun with that right foot?

So this happened

19" Speedlines

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 216
Reactions: Stanningtonglen, maxdrz400, Tyrer and 1 other person
So this happened

19" Speedlines

I 2nd this, the Speedlines in 19" are arguably nicer than the Rotors in 19.

Such a good wheel for the Audi range. Car looks great! Very jealous here

Gave the old German a quick wash, it's not been used much lately but needed a clean.

Massively impressed with the carpro boa drying towel! Done all panels and windows before even feeling like it was reaching its capacity. :)

It's going in for a new clutch and flywheel next week, then next month it'll be a couple of cosmetic touch ups and the wheels refurbished
4cae0c11aa559747e3aa2022f5bb2fed.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160604/75a3ce
bc045f541d82d2ed26180f571b.jpg

Reactions: nick84 and Tyrer
It is indeed. Not sure why the second photo didn't upload.
51212c82cf9a1daabf7d19c6d3f10ac6.jpg

Reactions: Tyrer
Well after recovering from the early morning start to dump the Mrs at the airport.....I stripped down my Bi-Xenon with the dodgy wiring and replaced virtually every piece of it. I did all the main wires as it was these that had totally deteriorated and the wires for the levelling motors I was able to salvage by shortening a little, it's only in case I sell them on .

As you can see they were really bad
2016 06 04 194450

Now they look a lot better with upgraded wires and also a MASSIVE thanks to @t8ups for finding out which pin was for the DRL's and wired that in also. I've fitted an in line resister for the DRL LEDs and I'm just awaiting 2 x DRL bulb holders from TPS.

2016 06 04 183254

All I have to do now is clean the lens inside as it was a little cloudy, refit it to the other part of the headlight, flat the exterior off to remove a little bit of crazing and give it a quick coat of UV Clear Coat and Bobs your Uncle and Fanny's your Aunt!

2016 06 04 193448

Oh and I had to get rid of all that chrome!

Reactions: Dani_B19, Sandra and Tyrer
Well after recovering from the early morning start to dump the Mrs at the airport.....I stripped down my Bi-Xenon with the dodgy wiring and replaced virtually every piece of it. I did all the main wires as it was these that had totally deteriorated and the wires for the levelling motors I was able to salvage by shortening a little, it's only in case I sell them on .

As you can see they were really bad View attachment 93294

Now they look a lot better with upgraded wires and also a MASSIVE thanks to @t8ups for finding out which pin was for the DRL's and wired that in also. I've fitted an in line resister for the DRL LEDs and I'm just awaiting 2 x DRL bulb holders from TPS.

View attachment 93295

All I have to do now is clean the lens inside as it was a little cloudy, refit it to the other part of the headlight, flat the exterior off to remove a little bit of crazing and give it a quick coat of UV Clear Coat and Bobs your Uncle and Fanny's your Aunt!

View attachment 93296

Oh and I had to get rid of all that chrome!
You have been busy today Carl. Tidy wiring :)

Not a big one for mods etc (working all the time) but there are some things that I wanted to do to the car.
Ticked two off of the list today although I still have to do the back brakes.
1, Splitter on the front.
2, Tidy up and paint the calipers.
:)
20160604 192535 resized 20160604 192548 resized 20160604 190325 20160604 192556 resized

Reactions: maxdrz400, Tyrer and TOM.S
Well today I finally fitted the brembos. The kit came and off I went fitting. A word to the wise if you have the standard sline wheels you will need 10mm spacers. Anyway a few cut bruises and swear words all finally done excuse the crap pics needs a good wash now
b896aab75ba7050ff379e828062d089c.jpg
b2b7337b30449598c156a952f7de9f39.jpg

They look rather good.....I bet they're a lot better than the shatty single piston jobbies. What size discs are they?

mmmmm can`t really say im keen on the colour but if we were all the same life would be very bland

They're the 4 pots of a Tuareg think the discs are 340mm just taking it easy bedding them I at the moment but yeah already a noticeable difference

I've always used a similar procedure to this.......

Begin with a series of light decelerations to gradually build some heat in the brakes. Use an on-and-off the pedal technique by applying the brakes for 3-5 seconds, and then allow them to fully release for a period roughly twice as long as the deceleration cycle. If you use a 5 count during the deceleration interval, use a 10 count during the release to allow the heat to sink into the pads & rotors.

After several cycles of light stops to begin warming the brakes, proceed with a series of medium to firm deceleration stops to continue raising the temperature level in the brakes.

Finish the bedding cycle with a series of 8-10 hard decelerations from 55-65 MPH down to 25 MPH while allowing a proportionate release and heat-sinking interval between each stop. The pads should now be providing positive and consistent response.

If any amount of brake fade is observed during the bed-in cycle, immediately begin the cool down cycle.

Drive at a moderate cruising speed, with the least amount of brake contact possible, until most of the heat has dissipated from the brakes. Avoid sitting stopped with the brake pedal depressed to hold the car in place during this time. Park the vehicle and allow the brakes to cool to ambient air temperature.

Been hit today - grandpa on my left decided to switch lanes while I was still beside him. luckily at very low speed, so that's only minor scuffs to rear passenger side door and side blade - the he accused me of hitting him-but didn't wanted to wait for the coppers to come out and make the call...
more work to do just 2,5 weeks before the euro trip it is then :/

Reactions: triggerboo
They the kit off eBay mate?

Yes pal the kit that I posted its a cracking bit of kit just remember the spacers and jobs a goodun. Bbk for under 350 I'm happy at that.

Reactions: Dani_B19