What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Upgraded my red dot cluster to the later more rarer colour DIS

IMG_0122.jpg

:blackrs4:
How and how much?

Not sure if this qualifies as something done to the B7.. but it is related..
1:18 mini a4 quite realistic, even the same colour & 2.0TFSI engine as mine. boys will always be boys right.
20160527 154025
20160527 154104
20160527 153923

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Dani_B19
Ordered a new high level brake light, mine throws the occasional error on the dash so I'm thinking it's a loose connection.

Also ordered a new number plate light plinth and boot trim clips to do the whole panel in one swoop. Led plate lights here we come!!

Oh and going to book it in for clutch and D/m flywheel on Monday :(

For the clutch and flywheel, £800 fitted using Sachs parts.

Thank you Carl, good savings on there!

I'm going to give it to the mechanic to supply and fit, if it goes wrong he gets the car back. ;)
I've always been worried about supply my own clutch as if it fails I'm stuck between the supplier telling me to get it taken out and sent back, messing around with the garage etc. I like the safety net of doing it all in one place so I can take it back if it fails.

I know what you mean D6DPH but as I like to do all my own stuff it's not a problem for me....unless it goes wrong, then all the neighbours go into hiding whilst I have a small rant to myself.

Reactions: D6DPH
I work in a main dealers so we have plenty of technicians around to help me rescue any mistakes haha. I'm an office tart so I can look parts up all day, fitting them can take all day too :)

I try to do a few bits myself but also like to give the work to the techs at the weekends so they have a few beer tokens. Jobs like the clutch are the only time I'll farm the work out but I'm fortunate to have a fair few trusted places to work on the cars for me :)

Reactions: carlcall
fb5e69fc0927b14165069e6c1b2b8ad1.jpg

Masked up for a test of plasticoat clear coat (makes the chrome Matt)

c939fa14f7481d0a58e6ca4fbc020a6f.jpg

Looked like this before I peaked it all off.

Wasn't sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: B_FUR
That seems pretty reasonable I think. I know it's still a shed load of Monet But it's an Audi. Lol
Yeah I'm not upset at that money, just got to eat Tesco value beans for the next few weeks ;)

Reactions: CarbonMike
Well painted my brake calipers in sunrise yellow pearl metallic :sunglasses: needs a couple more coats, it's taken most of afternoon to get this far :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
IMG 1382
IMG 1383
IMG 1386

Reactions: B_FUR, James.c, TOM.S and 1 other person
Thats funny i did mine yesturday,today it got the full works,snow foam,wash and polish

Attachments

• WP_20160530_17_00_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160530_17_00_12_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 210
Reactions: Stanningtonglen
wing mirrors from silver to gloss black 3 coats on need to put clear coat on tomorrow. and fabricated holder for the hid ballasts.
20160530 190017
20160530 191907

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
Looks good, you shouldve popped the spring clip off though mate, thats what i did and gives a cleaner looking finish.
I wanted to try and get some s4 clips but they are about £100 a pair!!!

Attachments

• 20160517_131106.jpg
    20160517_131106.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 207
Car is now booked in for the clutch and flywheel next week, paid for the parts to do replace the high level brake light and number plate light plinth, ordered shims for washer jets and enquired with my local porsche dealer on prices for the coolant and oil caps from a 911.

Unsure if I want to go subtle or really take the pee and put Bentley bits on it.
(hmmmm, 20" continental speed rims..... ;))

Car is now booked in for the clutch and flywheel next week, paid for the parts to do replace the high level brake light and number plate light plinth, ordered shims for washer jets and enquired with my local porsche dealer on prices for the coolant and oil caps from a 911.

Unsure if I want to go subtle or really take the pee and put Bentley bits on it.
(hmmmm, 20" continental speed rims..... ;))

How much did you get quoted? Are they any cheaper than awesome gti?

Not sure just yet, I emailed the parts dept late afternoon. They are in group so I'll get a decent discount or I'll sneak in and steal their biscuits haha

Not sure just yet, I emailed the parts dept late afternoon. They are in group so I'll get a decent discount or I'll sneak in and steal their biscuits haha

If you get them cheap can you get me some lol

fb5e69fc0927b14165069e6c1b2b8ad1.jpg

Masked up for a test of plasticoat clear coat (makes the chrome Matt)

c939fa14f7481d0a58e6ca4fbc020a6f.jpg

Looked like this before I peaked it all off.

Wasn't sure

Actually quite like this mate, would have like to have seen whats it like without the newspaper on.

Actually quite like this mate, would have like to have seen whats it like without the newspaper on.

I thought I'd took a picture but I hadn't. May do it again then take more time on the sides. Mask up properly.

Polished up the the front windscreen, as I was getting nasty glare at night and in strong sunlight.

The previous owner lived up a long gravel lane so the windscreen had lots of tiny chips and also millions of tiny scratches in the wiper sweep area probably caused by using the wiper to clear off the gravel dust.

I used cerium oxide made into a paste and my Meguiars's MT320 on the lowest speed with a cutting pad. It came up a treat all scratches and small chips gone.

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro, Stanningtonglen, Tyrer and 1 other person
Well as I've not got the BOSE system in mine I thought I'd try earthing the pin on the rear of the RNSE......what can I say apart from it sounds like a semi decent head unit now!

Also had to pop to the shops and this one in particular you have to pull in around the back and then drive out down the side of the shop......only to hear this 15/16 old lad say "Lovely Beemer Mate"

So I wound the window down and said "Thanks....but it's an AUDI!" that's when I started to laugh as the mates he was with then started to take the p*ss out of him :relaxed:

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Tyrer and maxdrz400
Not quite car related but the girlfriend wanted a kitten, so i saw the opportunity to make a deal. She got the kitten, i picked the name. We now have a new addition called Quattro!!

Reactions: B_FUR, Stanningtonglen, Tyrer and 2 others
Plastidip clear coat the front chrome again and this time left it on, here's the results

febfab4896235799caf411a3e9761bf5.jpg
3af242a7642a8865d1157820628fb17d.jpg
75095d711d14d0f9b0a9cc42a62f939b.jpg

One area has 'bubbled' due to not shaking enough on coat 4 but nothing I can't rip off at a later date.

Now going to leave it this time and start the window surrounds

Reactions: B_FUR, Stanningtonglen and Dani_B19
Now that's how all the silver should've come out of the factory Tyrer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dani_B19 and Tyrer
Question. Your rings on the grill are not standard. Do you need to remove the grill to remove and re fit them.

I think you just need to remove the grill to take them off but just push back into place when replacing them Ian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk