Me 3.8.3 rant

stock map.

10psi actuator is what's giving the high GS readings.

N75 won't be asking for anything at all as it's already making over the specified load because of the actuator.

Reactions: Mrharris2 and A3-Lee
I replied last night to the message.

Stock map want support those G/S, on a ko3 with mbc set over 1 bar the ecu goes into limp mode if the MAF reads over 160 G/S. Hence stock an mbc works upto ~13 psi.

Ko3s with the bigger compressor flows more air (G/S) at lower boost, a street ecu would be in limp mode at 170 g/s

Ah cheers for the confirmation nick I have pictures for now of the 3rd gear foot down to limit as the laptop is broke can't extract files or get online I have a k03s antwan with beach buggy 12psi actuator and other mods for stage 2 just no map yet,
This is awful but the only way I can display the 3rd gear pull

engne loom, throttle body, maf, 02 sensor, map sensor and DBW peddle.

Sounds like a lot, but most of you change the consumable parts before tuning anyway, so why not collect the bits to wb instead

It's banded around as being so easy.

I'm not saying it isn't. But I'm yet to see anyone actually do it on an a3 yet.

Reactions: Mrharris2
It's banded around as being so easy.

I'm not saying it isn't. But I'm yet to see anyone actually do it on an a3 yet.
It pretty easy. Engine loom plugs into the car. You just have to add a few bits and bobs. The extra plug is populated by the peddle assy wiring that runs direct to ecu. I mean you need some common sense and a bit of familiarity of the setup

I'm guessing you need the clocks from a facelift car too mark? as the AGU has no EML in the cluster. If doing that, do you then need to add the oil level sensor to the sump as the clocks have a warning for this? or is all that stuff somehow coded out?

Oil sensor is for clocks on long life services. Leave agu clocks in and it wnt care. Eml and epc light wiring can be added. Some clocks have the lights some don't. An led can be used or an unused warning light

Its a knock off megasquirt board so you get no support from the megasquirt guys, BUT it is cheap and suposed to be plug and Play.

Ideally DTA, Syvecs or AEM infinity would be on the radar but you gotta pay to play with the fancy hardware and then wire it up.

Disclaimer : I do not endorse knock off products, just pointing out its available

Reactions: Essexman
Looks very interesting.

I'm assuming it takes a 0.5v input from an external WB controller.

No mention that I can see if adding a map sensor anywhere, unless it's onboard with a vac feed to it.

Its a knock off megasquirt board so you get no support from the megasquirt guys, BUT it is cheap and suposed to be plug and Play.

Ideally DTA, Syvecs or AEM infinity would be on the radar but you gotta pay to play with the fancy hardware and then wire it up.

Disclaimer : I do not endorse knock off products, just pointing out its available

how can you knock off an open source ecu project?
thats the whole point of megasquirt is'nt it?

many incarnations of derivatives, pinned and plugged to suit Oe cars

how can you knock off an open source ecu project?
thats the whole point of megasquirt is'nt it?

many incarnations of derivatives, pinned and plugged to suit Oe cars

Yeah but they all use official MS Boards.

Yeah @Prawn wideband controller is on board so just needs a wideband O2 sensor, map sensor also on board so just needs a vacuum line.

only thing I'm not sure on is the ability to use stock knock sensors on a spare input, worst case scenario you need a signal conditioner (£45) to get the stock 0-29V signal to a 0-5V signal

I'm fairly sure MS2 doesn't have the capability for knock control anyway does it?

I wonder how that plug n play setup would work. It looks interesting for sure. if it gave the full capability of MS2 then in theory it should be pretty good. I guess things like the MAF plug and things just get disconnected and abandoned in the engine bay?

Bill does Emerald control the stupid stock idle control in the AGU throttle body or do you have to put in a 2 wire bosch idle valve

we dont use it. idle control via mapping and adjusting throttle works

Sorry for my ignorance but how can you adjust the AGU DBC throttle body without tapping it like below to fit a screw in and hold the throttle plate open?

342B5F5A-4604-4A0D-9C33-5F932750AF3F_zpsn4yqmmpj.png

Stock the throttle body uses a strange stepper motor for idle control opening the throttle plate requiring one signal to open and another signal to close.

He does exactly that mate... tap for an idle screw... that what he meant by "adjusting throttle"

<tuffty/>

May I ask what the screw in the throttle body is for I understand to adjust the throttle but what reason for? To take the slack out of it or keep the revs slightly higher or? Apologies for my dumb post

Essentially it allows manual setting of the throttle plate to enable a big enough air gap for idle...

<tuffty/>

May I ask what the screw in the throttle body is for I understand to adjust the throttle but what reason for? To take the slack out of it or keep the revs slightly higher or? Apologies for my dumb post

It keeps throttle open a little bit to let the car idle.

The stock ecu controls a stepper motor in the throttle body to do this same job.

Old school cars just had a throttle screw (letting air in) to adjust the idle, newer cars tend to have a valve that is opened to let air in depending on conditions.
The AGU has a weird stepper motor to control idle that most aftermarket ecu's can't control because its an odd and rare set up. Its not just a normal stepper motor like GM yse either

Reactions: Mrharris2 and Essexman
no.
does'nt have to be that way either

thats a decent way but not the only way - remember vr6 tuffty

Ah yeah... ****** thing... tried to blank that whole car from my memory :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: badger5
Ok so my brothers just offered me his k04 023 and lines and manifold for my k03s and manifold and £100, the turbo has 60k miles on it been checked no play and all perfect but the problem is I still can't get it mapped only at stealth racing, do I do it or not worth the extra hastle opinions welcome gentlemen,

Will need a custom map fo sho... and a VR6 housing... and injectors... and downpipe....and changes to charge pipework... and K04 TIP....

<tuffty/>