Anti Corrosion Warranty Rant GRRRRRR

mattm

BLACK EDITION
Reaction score
So my A3 has the common rust on roof rails. Drove 10 miles to Warrington Audi and the service guy said yes, its defiantly coming from the inside-out. Bingo, I was half way there.

They reccomended me to CarCosmetics in Manchester.

Drove 30 miles to them and there were scruffy workers walking in and out of the spray booth. Wheel spinning customers cars, basically not giving a sh*t.

So I waited to speak to the estimator. He comes out and walks over.

I said its a common problem, take a look. First thing he says is "oh yeh, its had paintwork in the past". Its clearly not as its a 1 owner from new and the owner was an Audi employee.

He says the paint work has blemishes showing paintwork has been done... its 10 years old course its going to show blemishes!!! Then tried saying some crap about how they wont do it and it would take months to go through.

So I cannot say anymore than do not goto Carcosmetics... just because they are contracted to Audi they think they're invincible.

SORRY FOR THE RANT LOL..

:)

so is it not up to Audi, rather then Carcosmetics whether the works gets done or not? crazy!

Carcosmetics said they 'could' just say yes but they said it goes further than that, like some inspector comes out from Audi or something to double check.

Talked complete balls. I may write an email/call Audi UK cause the whole place was filled with 'we dont give a sh*t' attitude. Even the receptionist was on one.

Sounds ******** to me mate, audi should have a warranty manager at each branch who will inspect the vehicle, take paint depth readings and submit a report to audi uk, only when the report comes back as 'yes' or 'no' do you go to any bodyshop, your audi dealer should take care of the car for the whole process, once the warranty work has been accepted you leave your car with your main dealer, they sort out the rest.
Having mine done this friday!

Hmm. Audi said "we dont really know about paint" take it to the bodyshop!

Sounds like nobody has a clue in this area. Im going to my local bodyshop who I am friendly with and see what price he'll give me, im only looking at around 200 quid so i might just do that to save dealing with a bunch of monkeys and risk leaving my car with carcosmetics for them to rag around everyday.

Id go to a different dealer mate, Lancaster audi are meant to be pretty good, not sure how far from you that is though.
I wasn't supposed to know this but the price audi uk will have to pay for my paint and parts is over £800 and thats at cost price.

Yeah, take it to a different dealer. This is a known problem with the car so there will be a dealer who shows some care.