Road Tax Rant!!!

Depends on the year of the car. Anything from March 2001 onwards the tax branding changed (prices went up) for certain cars.

It costs me £240 a year to Tax the AUM engine (2001/2 1.8t Sport 5-speed).

insurance is effected by many things, i.e your occupation, postcode, any claims convictions etc where car kept at night if you commute, annual mileage etc etc. Unfortunately I work in insurance so understand why and how it works! Reason its going up is due to all the claims made in bad weather plus fraud is on the up like mad! Insurance companies been losing money so like any other business they put prices up!!!

Im 25 paying £475 7 years pncb comp on my a3 (was the same for my mk4 golf)

Insurance is up solely because of cheating ********* claiming injury whenever they are in trivial accidents. No one takes responsibility for their own actions anymore, it has to be someone elses fault and they have to pay.
I'm sure the sales of neck braces must be through the roof!

I pay 4000$ for mine and its just a A3 1.8T , 3000$ for insurance as they love to rip you off in Australia, and roughly 1100$ for Registration.

Now thats wat i call rip off , and try trying here last time i checked pot holes r the size of truck wheels and the half thier depth would kill any car lol , when i drive i sit dodging post holes left and right and people look at me as if im a drunken driver lol

thought i would add to this. a3 1.8t with mods declared (for the first time in my life!) third party. £450. £50 more than the 2litre mondeo estate i was driving round in before. seems fair enough to me :)