yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Which port will you be going to? Mines been in status 38 since Thursday last week I think it was.
Not sure mate. I am down South so I presume Sheerness.

Also guys apologies for posting in A3 section regarding an SQ5 but just after tracking details and nobody in the Q5 section seems bothered

I imagine they need enough cars to fill a boat. And i imagine it takes a while to load the boat. The wait at this stage is most likely down where you fit in with the schedule of loading the boat. We might be on the same boat. Fingers crossed for 1st March pick up still.

yourAudi showing my S-Line 8V Sportback in the QC stage. I was originally given a proposed build start of the 15th but it looks like I'm a week ahead of schedule!

Anybody any idea how long this would normally take from this stage onwards?

Mine was at QC stage all last week and then showed "in transit" on Saturday so I phoned the dealer to see when they thought they might get it to be told that there is an issue with the "your Audi" system and my car hadn't even been built!

Seems like it's not a true representation of the build process .

Mine was at QC stage all last week and then showed "in transit" on Saturday so I phoned the dealer to see when they thought they might get it to be told that there is an issue with the "your Audi" system and my car hadn't even been built!

Gutted for you mate.

Phoned customer services today and mine is on its way over so 1st March is back on the cards

Really! That's a poor show.

What build week were you?

The order date doesn't matter depends when your dealer had cars in the build queue. You could have people ordering way after you but get cars before. the dealer should be able to provide you a build date.

Does it still show status 38 on the Api?
yes buddy will post up once it updates.
I called Audi Customer service and asked for an update and they called me back to say the car had been loaded and will be crossing the water this afternoon

Logged on this morning and it said it had arrived. 10am I get a call from the dealer and ask, but they said it hasn't arrived. They don't get deliveries on a weekend so most likely Monday or Tuesday.

They did however offer me a midnight collection on the 1st.... Already have that day booked off work though. Dunno if I can be ***** staying up just to collect it then be knackered the next day. Tempting though.

Actually, it'd be really hard to inspect the car in the dark so probably not a good idea.

I've also been offered a midnight collection for the 1st of March. Might go for it. Just makes it a bit more of a special occasion.

I called Audi Customer service and asked for an update and they called me back to say the car had been loaded and will be crossing the water this afternoon
Hopefully mine will be the same :)

woohoo! Mine's now in QC too!

Attachments

• as.JPG
    as.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 251
Mine now says status 39.

Expected Build date = 1st Feb

Preparation = 23rd Jan
Panel shop = 28th Jan
Paint shop = 29th Jan
Assembly = 30th Jan
Quality control = 1stFeb
Left factory = 10th Feb
Assigned to ship = 11th Feb
On ship and coming to uk. = 16th feb

Reactions: SW14NY'S and Gazjs
Mine now says status 39.

Preparation = 23rd Jan
Panel shop = 28th Jan
Paint shop = 29th Jan
Assembly = 30th Jan
Quality control = 1stFeb
Left factory = 10th Feb

Exciting times! Interesting to see the dates all written out like that.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Exciting times! Interesting to see the dates all written out like that.

Loads of people come in and ask how long does this stage last. Thought listing it like this every time I get an update will help someone workout rough timings :)

Did yours update? Is it on 39?

I was really surprised when watching the video on quality control.

I didn't think it would be tested to the extremes it is!

Surely all this testing removes the need for "running in" the car as much?

These videos are certainly a very good service.

Need to give it a watch!

So, my car went in to QC on Friday... about a week to leave the factory, 10 days to ship, 2 weeks to reach dealer, prep and fit towbar sound feasible?

Should have the car w/c 22nd March approx?

S3 has arrived at Coventry Audi, I sign paper work tomorrow and pick it up on Thursday. Do I see it tomorrow or do I wait and let it be a surprise on Thursday??

S3 has arrived at Coventry Audi, I sign paper work tomorrow and pick it up on Thursday. Do I see it tomorrow or do I wait and let it be a surprise on Thursday??

I'd see it! Just in case anything is out of order ;). Not waiting till 1/3?

Reactions: SW14NY'S
No not waiting just come back from a month away and have 2 weeks off so will keep me entertained, my private plate is going on aswell so not to fussed. I want to do that but it may take some excitement out of collection day!.

Fair play to you! I wish I could get 2 weeks off when I get mine! :(

Well, surely there's a difference between 'taking a look' and 'taking a lap up and down the motorway junctions, playing with the buttons and grinning like a kid in your new motor'? ;)

No not waiting just come back from a month away and have 2 weeks off so will keep me entertained, my private plate is going on aswell so not to fussed. I want to do that but it may take some excitement out of collection day!.

Fair play to you! I wish I could get 2 weeks off when I get mine! :(

Well, surely there's a difference between 'taking a look' and 'taking a lap up and down the motorway junctions, playing with the buttons and grinning like a kid in your new motor'? ;)
I've been away for 7 out of the last 12 months so the Mrs thinks it's time to spend with her, not sure she will be happy when the time together is spent in a car :).

This is true and if I saw it tomorrow I would tell them I didn't want the big fan fare with the revealing of the car in the show room, as I'll be bouncing around with a big cheesy grin!!

I've been away for 7 out of the last 12 months so the Mrs thinks it's time to spend with her, not sure she will be happy when the time together is spent in a car :).

This is true and if I saw it tomorrow I would tell them I didn't want the big fan fare with the revealing of the car in the show room, as I'll be bouncing around with a big cheesy grin!!

Mwhaha! How naive of her :) I'm sure you can get her involved too. Just out of interest, how come it takes a day after signing the paperwork?

Mwhaha! How naive of her :) I'm sure you can get her involved too. Just out of interest, how come it takes a day after signing the paperwork?

Sure we can find some nice drives to go for lunch :).

Just for the finance to go through and sort out the other paper work so your not sat around on collection day signing stuff when all you want to do is drive away. My Mrs picked up her q3 on Friday and all she signed on collection day was the handover form and signed the other docs on the Thursday it doesn't take long.

Reactions: Pizza_man
Sure we can find some nice drives to go for lunch :).

Just for the finance to go through and sort out the other paper work so your not sat around on collection day signing stuff when all you want to do is drive away. My Mrs picked up her q3 on Friday and all she signed on collection day was the handover form and signed the other docs on the Thursday it doesn't take long.

Makes sense!

Well, I'll be joining the daytona club myself! Unfortunately, I don't have the joy of coming to the dealer with it being a company car - they've ordered through Vindis, a mere hour and a half away. They drop them off on a low-loader I think :(.

Paperwork date booked in. Dealer wants me to pay up on the date, but that feels a bit dodgy. I just said er, maybe but I might tell them no. I find it uncomfortable paying for a product I havent seen. If anything is wrong as I have paid I may have thus been deemed to have accepted the goods. Also why should I inconvenience myself for a week. They can take the risk for one week better than I can. Stealers.

Makes sense!

Well, I'll be joining the daytona club myself! Unfortunately, I don't have the joy of coming to the dealer with it being a company car - they've ordered through Vindis, a mere hour and a half away. They drop them off on a low-loader I think :(.

Make sure they don't paint on the vile Vindis logo under the car model badge.

Paperwork date booked in. Dealer wants me to pay up on the date, but that feels a bit dodgy. I just said er, maybe but I might tell them no. I find it uncomfortable paying for a product I havent seen. If anything is wrong as I have paid I may have thus been deemed to have accepted the goods. Also why should I inconvenience myself for a week. They can take the risk for one week better than I can. Stealers.
Im doing all the paperwork on the day I pick up my car so it certainly can be done!

Make sure they don't paint on the vile Vindis logo under the car model badge.

Already asked the question... they don't do it on company vehicles :)!

I also asked about choosing a reg. Normally, they don't allow it but the lady there said she'll give me a call when the reg's come in and let me pick! :)!

Reactions: MrMoo28

I've just joined this forum as I googled "length of time in QC" and came across this thread. I'm also build week 8. Went into QC on Sunday 14th, so hoping to have the car mid-March. Probably pie in the sky, but hopefully our cars won't bump into each other on the ship!

Reactions: Gazjs
I've just joined this forum as I googled "length of time in QC" and came across this thread. I'm also build week 8. Went into QC on Sunday 14th, so hoping to have the car mid-March. Probably pie in the sky, but hopefully our cars won't bump into each other on the ship!

Should leave the factory, latest, early next week! I would expect ours to leave around the same time! :)

I was hoping for mid March also. I have two days booked off on the 28th 29th from work. So I hope I have by then :D

Reactions: Pizza_man
I was hoping for mid March also. I have two days booked off on the 28th 29th from work. So I hope I have by then :D

Here's hoping it's all done and dusted before Easter, too!

Now arrived in the uk. Status 40. Wahoo.

Mine now says status 39.

Preparation = 23rd Jan
Panel shop = 28th Jan
Paint shop = 29th Jan
Assembly = 30th Jan
Quality control = 1stFeb
Left factory = 10th Feb
Arrived in UK = 17th Feb

Picking my S3 sportback up at 1 o'clock today! Took the day off so I'm sure I'll be able to have a good play around with it!:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

Reactions: MrMoo28
How long does it take for the car to get from ingolstadt to the uk does anyone know? It left ingolstadt yesterday?

Mine took 5 days from that stage to being in UK. Then another 2 days to arrive at dealer. But I suppose it depends on how efficient the connections are between train/ship/transport to dealer.

Now arrived in the uk. Status 40. Wahoo.

Mine now says status 39.

Preparation = 23rd Jan
Panel shop = 28th Jan
Paint shop = 29th Jan
Assembly = 30th Jan
Quality control = 1stFeb
Left factory = 10th Feb
Arrived in UK = 17th Feb
Hi Blackforce,
Where do you get all this info from,...... I quote my production order in myAudi and just get advised that it has left Ingolstadt!!
Cheers
Ross