yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Seeing these quick builds of 12 days into the UK makes me very optimistic. I am hoping mine follows a similar time line, will be in the UK 17th December then :)

That's exactly what i'm thinking @Pederson even if mine starts on the scheduled 12th December i've got a good chance of it landing in the UK this side of the 2016 :grimacing:

Reactions: Davo44 and DorsetGuy
If yourAudi is to be believed (some of the dates are a bit weird on mine), mine's less than 12 days, so there's more hope for you guys :) Maybe there's a pre-end-of-quarter ramp up in production? Mine was scheduled for build week 48, but according to the below got produced at the end of week 47, put on the African Highway ship on the Saturday, which arrived on the Sunday morning.

Code:
"orderStatus": "40",
"deliveryDealerCode": "00579",
"orderHistory": [
{
"orderStatus": "40",
"statusDate": "2016-11-29T01:10:51+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "39",
"statusDate": "2016-11-26T01:08:48+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "30",
"statusDate": "2016-11-24T01:07:30+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "24",
"statusDate": "2016-11-28T00:00:00+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "23",
"statusDate": "2016-11-26T00:00:00+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "22",
"statusDate": "2016-11-25T00:00:00+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "21",
"statusDate": "2016-11-24T00:00:00+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "20",
"statusDate": "2016-11-10T01:07:01+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "10",
"statusDate": "2016-10-30T01:07:42+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "00",
"statusDate": "2016-10-15T01:19:25+0100"
}
],

Reactions: Pederson, Audi Bairn and billy.rt
My first post on the forum, so please be gentle with me!

I have a 3-door S3 on order through Kings Lynn Audi, build week was week 46 and it's progressed remarkably smoothly up to now, until it arrived in Grimsby. I can't collect until 23 December (!) when I head down to East Anglia to see my folks for Christmas, so I wonder if it'll sit there for a few weeks, presumably because the dealer has to pay for it as soon as they take delivery? Manufacturing build phases below:

{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2016-11-22T01:03:24+0000"},{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2016-11-20T01:03:04+0000"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2016-11-15T01:03:01+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2016-11-14T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2016-11-12T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2016-11-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2016-11-10T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2016-10-27T01:02:54+0100"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2016-09-29T01:03:32+0100"}

I've just scrapped our 15 year old car, so I'm car-less for a month which isn't too big a problem in Edinburgh, but I can't wait to get my hands on it. In the meantime, I'm having to make do with YouTube videos and reading the manuals (when I can find them online). Does anyone have a link to the Virtual Cockpit user manual? Looking forward to running it in on the drive back North at New Year.
Welcome @DrMal :grinning:
Plenty of fellow Scots on here.
Friendly forum with a good bit banter thrown in.
More info about your car would be good.
That's some first drive, must be one of the furthest for owners in the U.K.
Just a pity you've got a long wait, but it'll definitely be worth it.

Reactions: DrMal
Where do you get the status code from? Mine says its on the way to the U.K. on myAudi but thats all. Apologies as i'm sure its somewhere in this thread but up to 435 pages now.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Check out Pages 5 & 94 where there's some good helpful posts.
Basically log on to yourAudi, open another browser and click on the link on the pages above and it'll give you reams of data including your status codes and the full spec of the car.:grinning:

If yourAudi is to be believed (some of the dates are a bit weird on mine), mine's less than 12 days, so there's more hope for you guys :) Maybe there's a pre-end-of-quarter ramp up in production? Mine was scheduled for build week 48, but according to the below got produced at the end of week 47, put on the African Highway ship on the Saturday, which arrived on the Sunday morning.

Yours is exactly the same as mine. I spoke to my dealer today and they can't give me a date yet. Any news on your delivery date? Cheera

Welcome @DrMal :grinning:
Plenty of fellow Scots on here.
Friendly forum with a good bit banter thrown in.
More info about your car would be good.
That's some first drive, must be one of the furthest for owners in the U.K.
Just a pity you've got a long wait, but it'll definitely be worth it.
Thanks Audi Bairn. Yes, it's a good 400-ish miles back from where my folks live in Suffolk back to Edinburgh, but it'll be a good opportunity to run it in and get used to driving it. I used online brokers to find a couple of dealerships who were clearly looking to hit their sales targets in September, then played one off against the other. It was a fluke that the best price was from Kings Lynn, but with delivery in December it actually works out pretty well.

You asked about specs. Well, when I worked in automotive I was head of system and software safety for one of Bosch's competitors, so I have a healthy suspicion for driver aids! In fact, Volvo did some research that showed that some of the assistance systems make a driver less attentive. Anyway, as a result, the options are a bit limited. On 23rd we'll be collecting:

3-door S-Tronic in Navarre blue
Without model designation
Auto-dim RVM+Light/Rain Sensor
Technology pack advanced (mainly for the virtual cockpit)
High-beam assist
Audi Parking System Plus
Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
Door mirrors- Heated/Dimming/Folding

Planning on getting it detailed at Mint Car Care when I get back. Had hoped to get it done before the journey back, but it's too close to Christmas to get it sorted.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Thanks Audi Bairn. Yes, it's a good 400-ish miles back from where my folks live in Suffolk back to Edinburgh, but it'll be a good opportunity to run it in and get used to driving it. I used online brokers to find a couple of dealerships who were clearly looking to hit their sales targets in September, then played one off against the other. It was a fluke that the best price was from Kings Lynn, but with delivery in December it actually works out pretty well.

You asked about specs. Well, when I worked in automotive I was head of system and software safety for one of Bosch's competitors, so I have a healthy suspicion for driver aids! In fact, Volvo did some research that showed that some of the assistance systems make a driver less attentive. Anyway, as a result, the options are a bit limited. On 23rd we'll be collecting:

3-door S-Tronic in Navarre blue
Without model designation
Auto-dim RVM+Light/Rain Sensor
Technology pack advanced (mainly for the virtual cockpit)
High-beam assist
Audi Parking System Plus
Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
Door mirrors- Heated/Dimming/Folding

Planning on getting it detailed at Mint Car Care when I get back. Had hoped to get it done before the journey back, but it's too close to Christmas to get it sorted.

Good man, Navarra......... it's awesome! :grinning:
I also went for the Tech Pack advanced for the VC too and its great.
Will be good to hear how your order is progressing and how you get on with the road trip.
:s3addict:

Reactions: DrMal
African Highway is about to dock! The dealer almost seemed concerned about the info I had on the logistics, so thank you all that have contributed. He tells me it should be ready for collection end of next week (he's a personal friend so I'm hoping I'm not being fed sales schpeil"

My order is finally on the yourAudi site!

Your S3 Saloon is expected to begin construction on 16th January 2017.

Navarra blue
Technology pack advanced
Audi Virtual Cockpit
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Door mirrors (folding)
Privacy glass
Hill hold assist
Audi Parking System Plus
Rear-view camera
Super sports seats
Brake calipers in red
Extended Interior Upholstery Pack

Hopefully it should arrive mid March time.

I've got my fingers crossed I wake up tomorrow morning to a status 21 and that she's in the panel shop that'll do me nicely - but I very much doubt it somehow...

Reactions: Davo44, Audi Bairn and Pederson
Just as an FYI, any of you guys waiting for your car to be delivered, my guy just told me that Audi UK sent out a memo to say that any cars that make their way to U.K. Port from now until Christmas will be delivered to dealer in no more than 7 days. So get onto your dealers guys and hassle!!

Reactions: BarryG79, Audi Bairn, DrMal and 3 others
nice one @Muhammad_Bradley good bit of inside info and reassurance for the guys who do actually have their car expected to arrive in the next 3 weeks!

Reactions: Muhammad_Bradley and Audi Bairn
The only thing I can see holding mine up then is the shipping from Germany to UK, I really do hope I will get my car before the new year, that would be just fantastic for me :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and billy.rt
Just as an FYI, any of you guys waiting for your car to be delivered, my guy just told me that Audi UK sent out a memo to say that any cars that make their way to U.K. Port from now until Christmas will be delivered to dealer in no more than 7 days. So get onto your dealers guys and hassle!!
That ties-in with what my dealer told me today. They're expecting delivery next week, at which point the two weeks I'm going to have to wait until we collect the car is going to be painful. At least the complimentary five day Audi insurance is arranged which will get me past Boxing Day.

We're buying this initially on a PCP (although we'll probably keep the car after three years). Anyone recommend a provider of GAP insurance? Do you arrange it before delivery, or just afterwards?

Reactions: BarryG79 and Audi Bairn
The only thing I can see holding mine up then is the shipping from Germany to UK, I really do hope I will get my car before the new year, that would be just fantastic for me :)

The shipping was the bit that "slowed" mine down. Seemed to take about 14 days for it to get on the boat. Fingers crossed for you all

Reactions: Pederson
Yeh if that happens to mine then no chance of me getting it this year, so just major fingers crossed if it goes to panel tomorrow!!

Yeh if that happens to mine then no chance of me getting it this year, so just major fingers crossed if it goes to panel tomorrow!!

To give you an idea, here's my timeline.

[{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2016-11-29T01:05:09+0000"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2016-11-17T01:02:30+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2016-11-14T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2016-11-12T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2016-11-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2016-11-10T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2016-10-25T01:02:22+0100"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2016-10-18T01:02:28+0100"}],"vehicleData":{"make":"Audi","model":"S3 Saloon","modelVariant":"2.0 TFSI quattro","modelVersion":"1","modelYear":"2017","vehicleLongDescription":"2.0 TFSI quattro 310 PS S tronic","exteriorColour":"Mythos Black,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlueBadger
Anyone recommend a provider of GAP insurance? Do you arrange it before delivery, or just afterwards?

Like any insurance, you want to be covered from the day you collect.
Many insurers will replace new for old in year one if written off but you want the GAP to cover the balance of any finance to return the invoice value.:grinning:

Signed for the car today and retained my plate! Dealership has said the retention must go on the new one within 3days but considering the car is still at port it isnt great news from that side! Soon as the car hits newport prep itl be here within 24 hours so im hopeful for a monday pickup, if not monday looking at end of next week!!

Uk Ports! Why its sat there since 22nd! That could be the only hold up for you guys looking forward to a xmas delivery ! Good luck all!

Reactions: Davo44 and Audi Bairn
Phone call this morning, paperwork at lunchtime, collection tomorrow. :friendly wink:

Order on the 19th September so about 10 weeks in all. Longest bit (or perhaps more the bit I was the most impatient during!) transport from Germany to the dealer.

Signed for the car today and retained my plate! Dealership has said the retention must go on the new one within 3days but considering the car is still at port it isnt great news from that side! Soon as the car hits newport prep itl be here within 24 hours so im hopeful for a monday pickup, if not monday looking at end of next week!!

Uk Ports! Why its sat there since 22nd! That could be the only hold up for you guys looking forward to a xmas delivery ! Good luck all!

Nice one mate.
Why must h plate go on within 3 days? I don't understand this. If you've registered the new car with its "normal" plate and your private plate is on retention then you have up to a year before applying it to a car or renewing the retention.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Richierich37
FYI

I'm sure the salesman gets notified every time the video is watched! A citnow video was posted over on BabyBMW sure the OP said the salesman got hundreds of notifications lol.

Ha ha let's share it far and wide to keep Gary informed!!!! :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Phone call this morning, paperwork at lunchtime, collection tomorrow. :friendly wink:

Order on the 19th September so about 10 weeks in all. Longest bit (or perhaps more the bit I was the most impatient during!) transport from Germany to the dealer.
Also ordered 19th september, they haven't even started building it yet! Lol

Nice one mate.
Why must h plate go on within 3 days? I don't understand this. If you've registered the new car with its "normal" plate and your private plate is on retention then you have up to a year before applying it to a car or renewing the retention.

No need to renew retention now, pay the £80 to take plate off and it can stay on retention for 10yrs.

Regarding GAP, go for Gap123 or ALA and I'd recommend a replacement car policy rather than return to invoice as you'll be covered for price increases. Plenty GAP threads though, search is your friend :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Well my status must be screwed, as I'm picking up tomorrow but no update from 40 lol.

My order status updated to 60 overnight, so looks like it's on a transporter heading to Norfolk. Twenty two days to go!!

Reactions: Richierich37 and Davo44
How come?
I ordered mine 10th Sept and have had my car almost 2 weeks :sign omg:

I guess I am just unlucky lol didn't spec anything crazy either.

Went to status 21 this morning though, so progress is being made :)

Reactions: Richierich37, Audi Bairn, billy.rt and 1 other person
Mines was ordered in the 16th September. This could explain different delivery times despite when the cars were ordered.

How can I get quicker delivery?
Delivery times can vary between dealers. Each dealer will be allocated a certain amount of factory build slots which can occasionally be amended. For example, your local Audi dealer may have ordered an Audi A3 Sportback they were planning to use as a demonstrator – they could offer to sacrifice its build slot for you so you can modify their planned specification and get your car ahead of schedule.

Source - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....g/New-Car-Factory-Order-914.amp?client=safari

Reactions: DrMal and Audi Bairn
Cheers for the info @boaby! Certainly nothing like that happened with my order hahahaha

Hi All,

Placed my order 29 October and was given the 27th Feb build date.

It has now moved forward by one week when is the usual cut off point for it to stop having any chance of moving forward?

Cheers

@Pederson @boaby no luck guys, gutted haha! Fingers crossed for next week! Or tomorrow...

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Pederson