fuming !!

S3_OLI

Reaction score
I placed a deposit on an audi s3 sportback last week form stafford audi and signed all the necessary documents when placing a deposit... today i get a phonecall saying another dealer has sold the car and that there sorry its now sold!!!???? they can offer something similair but its not got black roof rails or black styling package. I'm so angry. they said theres nothing they can do... where do i stand guys?

Presume you are talking about a new car. If so, there is something they can do. They can order one from the factory. But of course you would have a wait.

I presume you are talking used? I can understand you being fuming, as I would also. Had this happen to me a few years back, essentially there is nothing you can do. Very, very annoying but that's how it is. They have done all they are obligated to which is offer you something similar. What you might want to do is have a look around yourself and if you find one with a spec the same as the one you put a deposit down on.

it was brand new. they said another dealer in group has "done them over". surely they can prove i paid my deposit first...
i can't find another with the same spec and really don't want to wait . i was suppose to be picking it up on wednesday/thursday this coming week.

Had the same happen to me twice in a row!. Usually happens if you secure the car with a deposit on a weekend and their system isn't updated until Monday :( it's then down to whose system is registered first on the server who gets the car

Reactions: Jassyo06, batch and TFSI
Gutted for you. That's pretty tough luck.

Pretty poor service taking all week to let you know if you ordered it last week. Have they given you your deposit back? Must be another dealer with one of the spec you are looking for.

Go on car wow @ Coventry Audi as they have one of the better deals going at the mo

Happened to me with my 8P mate... Unfortunately it is hard cheese. See what else they have in stock that you'd like (be open-minded!) or allow them to intercept an existing build car and change the spec for you. Or grab the deposit and look elsewhere! Where you based?

You have a contract for the used car. The dealer is in breach. He needs to pay you compensation, for the inconvenience of not having the car a expected, and if you find a similar car for any extra cost that may be.

I suppose if they offer to provide you a car until when they find a similar car and supply that similar car for the same cost then that should be ok . You should be at least expecting something similar.

In any event, this is disgraceful service form a maion dealer. At the very least they should be apoogetic, admitiing it is their fault and explaining what they will do to put matter right.

They are in the wrong and not you.

I would write a letter to their head office sayijng that you expect thing sorted or if not you will be resorting to legal action.

As I say it is a clear case of breach of con tract, (unless te terms of the contract say something differrnet and the term isn't unfair. - if they made a mistake tough luck.

Write to Audi UK and What Car? if they don't sort it out.

Reactions: Zache
I rang them today and they offered 500 pounds off the similar car but it doesn't have the spec i want...
I've asked for my deposit back and I'm going to go elsewhere. Im really annoyed about it as you can imagine I was excited...
Anyway, ill either have to get one built or just search all uk dealers

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Ah well, then it probably wasn't meant to be :(
These things happen, and from my experience something better will always come along so don't let it get to you too much! First world problems, etc... :)
My salesman tried to sell me one from their current inventory but I said if I'm gonna be spending that sorta money then I would want a spec to call my own. The level of discount would have been around the same and the 10 week wait didn't bother me at all...

ps. Should you decide on a factory order, maybe you can ask them to match the price?

Reactions: Jassyo06
I agree with fivespice. The dealer should be falling over themselves to help you, so use this to your advantage. Why not spec a factory order and as well as the money off, push them on some free factory options. There is something special knowing a car is being built to your own spec. So glad I did this. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

There's load of S3's coming along all the time.......Dont be hastey £500 off another is good,go and visit the showroom and talk to them.......they know what cars are coming into the uk,l got such a car, only waited 4 weeks after l cancelled my original build...you would be surprised:)

Sorry...The car is not yours until you sign all the necessary paperwork and drive off.

Someone prolly offered a thousand bucks more and they bit!

No it was Sepang, I saw the Elderberry one and the colour didn't really do it for me to be honest. Another dealer has offered to match the price and change the spec on one they had on order. so I've gone with that. it will be here in 6 weeks apparently.

Sepang Blue Sportback S-Tronic
Black Styling pack
Black roof rails
Tech pack high with connect
pan roof
B&O
advanced key
super sport seats
privacy glass
reversing camera
parking front and rear
interior light pack
electric folding & dimming mirrors
comfort pack

I think thats it as far as I can remember. Just that 6 week wait now lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
That looks like a lovely spec. The slightly longer wait will make you savour the moment even more when you collect it. Glad you found a resolution.

So it should look like this

IMAG0538

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Radman
There's always a bunch of most models ordered and in stock (these are new not used) Audi dealers can check what is available. They then have to make sure they can get the vehicle from whatever dealer happens to have it. There will always be the time when the dealer with the car gets an offer minutes before your dealer tries to get it. Sadly that happens. Get them to trawl the stock and pick a spec you like. Never know you might get a discount because of the **** up.

Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago with a TTS. Dealer blamed the other Audi dealer for it all. Luckily they managed to find another car in the same spec on its way into the UK, then diverted it. I recall being pretty ****** off at the time as they'd had my deposit and I'd completed the PCP paperwork, etc. I then had to wait another four weeks to get my new car. They did compensate me for the foul up by giving me the privacy glass FOC...