Fuming at Audi Insurance

7PastShilton

Reaction score
I purchased the gap insurance when i purchased a new A3 sportback, I presume from Audi
I am now driving a courtesy A6 whilst waiting for delivery of A3 insured at no cost I presume through Audi
I then rang today for complimentary insurance so new car could be taxed No problem
Then they asked me if they could quote my new insurance for the year

50 year old male ,only driver, 9 years protected no claim, parked on drive overnight, 12,000 miles per year
i have just come from Renault Equity paying around £450 per year.

The man quoting suddenly says do you live on a main road yes i say but so do lots of people?
Your postcode is coming up as high risk? that will be £4,000 per year:sign_omg:
High risk Area? i haven't seen a problem for the last 10 years in my area with parked cars or theft? No sir it is to do with the number of accidents on the road where you live.

*******s

I went back to Renault insurance. No problem same price as i was paying on my Megane coupe. so they had my business. I will have a good look around next time.

Are Audi mad or is it me?

i took the free 1 weeks insurance with audi starting from today, the woman on the other end gave me a quote for the rest of the year starting next week £640, i said to her thats strange, ive already had a quote from audi insurance which happens to be the cheapest for us £330.
she said we cant match that offer u best take the deal through the internet,
38yrs wife 37
10 yrs no claims
wife has to declare 6 pts which came off her license last year but have to declare for 5 yrs
out of interest i got a quote for us without declaring points which arnt on her license any more, £60 a year cheaper.
just shows that even when the points can be cleared from your licence the cockroach insurance companies still screw the public

They quoted me £550 on the back of the 7 day free cover. Cheapest quote on confused.com was £190. Audi Insurance were listed on confused at £340.

I'm sure they just make it up as they go along!

SP30 stay on license for 4 yr but insurance companies insist on declaring points or convictions in the last 5

I took out the 7 day free cover yesterday, very polite young lady asked if i would like a quote for a year.

24yr old, no points or claims, low risk area, 10k p/a, audi 2010 S3 sportback with 20k value,

I mentioned i have been quoted £680, followed by a pause then laughter.....

£13000 :wtf:

Nicest person within Audi i have dealt with this week though!

I'm not really sure it's worth getting angry over - I think it's pretty clear from using a lot of comparison sites that some companies obviously go after particular parts of the market and leave other sections for other companies, so they quote whacking great premiums for people outside their demographic. I've always assumed it's an industry gentleman's agreement-style thing. Just direct your energy into filling out a price comparison site to find someone who'll give you a good price :)

Reactions: TonyH38
I was quoted over £2000 by Audi, I had to have a giggle.

Went on comparison website, cheapest was a little over £200.

One I went for in the end with everything I wanted was £267.

Keep looking, lol.

Not really sure why you would be 'fuming' over this; when they asked you the question 'What did you think of the quote?', your answer should have been: 'Outrageous'; just like I did.
Just arranged my seven day complimentary insurance; Audi quoted me just shy of £800 with £450 voluntary excess. I told them what they could do with it quite frankly.
My quote from Confused.com was £230.61 with £0 voluntary excess, courtesy car, legal protection, protected no claims and free vandalism protection with no effect on no claims bonus.
I'm 42 with 17 years NCB and this was on the Audi TT in my signature.

Almost as good as Audi Finance quoting me on my company lease car at over 50% more than the best quote I'd already got!

As for points, I don't know why the insurance companies are legally allowed to factor in convictions which are no longer on your licence. It's up to the government and the DVLA to decide how long points remain on your licence and I don't see why insurance companies should be allowed to consider ones older than that.

On that note, I don't understand how they get away with increasing your premium if you're involved in a non-fault accident.

Surely you can't be responsible for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I have just had an email from Audi Insurance offering me 3-years Audi Ensurance for free. This is Ensurance and not Insurance. It provides the following:

A guarantee that your Audi will be repaired in an Audi Insurance approved repairer, by Audi trained technicians, using only genuine Audi parts and paints.
A dedicated Claims Manager available 24-hours a day to manage your claim, liaising with your insurer and the repairer, so you don't have to.
Where possible, a courtesy car for the duration of your repair
Legal Expenses cover to help you recover any uninsured losses.

I have just renewed my insurance with LV and it allowed me to not pay extra for Legal Expenses or for a Courtesy car. I have also taken out Excess Protection insurance so that if I do have to make a claim I do not loose the Excess cost.

Audi Insurance quoted me £1091 on the back of my 7 day complimentary insurance. eSure via Moneysupermarket, £159...

A guarantee that your Audi will be repaired in an Audi Insurance approved repairer, by Audi trained technicians, using only genuine Audi parts and paints.

TBH any insurance should provide that and I'd demand it. The agreement with insurance is that they'll return the vehicle to the condition it was prior to the accident. Using non-genuine parts or potentially affecting your warranty by using a non-Audi approved repairer does not fall under that description IMO.

TBH any insurance should provide that and I'd demand it. The agreement with insurance is that they'll return the vehicle to the condition it was prior to the accident. Using non-genuine parts or potentially affecting your warranty by using a non-Audi approved repairer does not fall under that description IMO.

That's 100% correct. I insisted a couple of times with different insurance companies when getting my BMW repaired. They try to dissuade you by promising you a courtesy car. But a decent bodyshop should supply you with a decent car.

I agree. the couple of minor scrapes I've had since owning an A3 the insurance company have wanted me to take it to one of their approved repairers but I've always insisted that the work be done by an Audi approved workshop.

The only real saving is the Legal expenses cover, which the Audi Insurance will provide free whereas my own insurers want an extra £26.50. They also want an extra £21.50 to provide a small hatchback as a courtesy car with a further £5.50 to upgrade it " to one that better suits your needs". I don't need a courtesy car as I don't go to work and I could always use my wife's A1.

Having had quotes from Audi Insurance in the past, all of which have been much more than other quotes, I did not even bother to ask them this year. I was with LV last year and their renewal for this year was £370 but when I went on to their website and did a new quote from scratch it came out at £306. Needless to say I cancelled the existing and took up the new quote.