What have you done to your 8V today?

@Rob2k68 / @Gazjs Hmm that's kind of put me off buying the Genuine Audi valve caps now a bit... Not sure

Reactions: pburv, Gazjs and Rob2k68
Lots of Audi dust caps on Amazon
Amazon product
However many buyers report issues with corrosion and becoming permanently stuck to the valve stem. I'll stick with plastic caps and a dab of Vaseline on the threads.

Cleaned and Gyeon Cured :s3addict:
And added the private plate

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, batch and 6 others
Fitted my Dtuk Crdt+ tonight and what a transformation it has made.
Milk, bread & a can of ginger beer just cost me near a tenner after the huuuugggeeee detour I took just so I could play around with my new toy :whistle2:

Reactions: Fiddie, Max-Robbo, pburv and 3 others
Has anyone added headlight washers to their car that didn't come with them? Mine has the cut outs in the bumper but I don't have and would really like the washers.

Image Image Image Not quite today but yesterday back late from long trip to have footwell lights front n rear, puddle lights + warning lights x4 cup holder lights connected to mmi (after I had installed), x 4 door handle lights and today my little armrest holder gizmo fitted by me

Reactions: albu, Rob2k68, Happy Grumpz and 1 other person
Happy Grumpz
I saw this on another thread and decided for the price it was worth a punt.
Needed to elongate the hole in the base to accept the iphone connector but its really quite neat and a lot less than some other sellers.:greedy dollars: Hope the link works but p.m. Me if not
Oh its gone up £3.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131566555791 :friendly wink:

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
In all credit to Audi, I drove through puddles today that when a car passed came over the bonnet and the car didn't miss a beat. Some steam but she did well others didn't make it, a 12 plate bmw cut out

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
In all credit to Audi, I drove through puddles today that when a car passed came over the bonnet and the car didn't miss a beat. Some steam but she did well others didn't make it, a 12 plate bmw cut out

Reading back, I sound insane for driving through, if another car hadn't decided to come through it was numberplate height. Puddle and over the bonnet doesn't sound right lol but I've had a few after a very interesting drive in our recent floods

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Happy Grumpz
I saw this on another thread and decided for the price it was worth a punt.
Needed to elongate the hole in the base to accept the iphone connector but its really quite neat and a lot less than some other sellers.:greedy dollars: Hope the link works but p.m. Me if not
Oh its gone up £3.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131566555791 :friendly wink:

Thanks @SRT , just ordered one :)

Reactions: SRT
New number plates and rear surround fitted supplied by Mike out forum parts guy and all round top bloke, finally no more dealership ads :-

Reactions: SW14NY'S, MattSedg, Jassyo06 and 4 others
2 hours of loving for mine

a8f7d47bc21631a2d9b86457a8c54b40.jpg

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Jassyo06, pburv and 5 others
Booked the car in for warranty repairs next week - a growing list.

Rear suspension thud
Cracked exterior trim
Rough idle now and then
Revise mag ride settings
Seat creasing on shoulder and leg bolsters
Requested a few system changes (dealer offering to do 'VCDS' type changes for me)
A few other minor things

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv and Rob2k68

Rear suspension thud
Cracked exterior trim
Rough idle now and then
Revise mag ride settings
Requested a few system changes (dealer offering to do 'VCDS' type changes for me)
A few other minor things

That's quite a list - how many miles ?

If they sort your boosters out I'll be shipping my car out over there ;o)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv

Rear suspension thud
Cracked exterior trim
Rough idle now and then
Revise mag ride settings
A few other minor things
I asked my dealer to do some vcds changes ie mirror drop when reversing.They told me Audi in Germany would not let them do it.??

Reactions: SW14NY'S and Rob2k68
Checked, for the third time in 1.5 days, that the car is still in the car park of the hotel that my conference is being held in.

Sad I know especially given number of high end cars in the car park....tons of other Audis and Mercs, the odd Bentley and Jag and interestingly hardly a single BMW!!!!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Checked, for the third time in 1.5 days, that the car is still in the car park of the hotel that my conference is being held in.

Sad I know especially given number of high end cars in the car park....tons of other Audis and Mercs, the odd Bentley and Jag and interestingly hardly a single BMW!!!!
It's just a natural instinct to check the car's still there mate,l would do the same

I received my health check report of my car whilst it was in for a service,now according to the health check l have 62%/4-5 mm left on both front tyres they look ******** to me,the rears have 5mm left on both they look great this is 13,200 miles there's nothing else on the report to speak of.

One lesson I learnt early on owning VAG cars, pays to treat the service guys well and a case of beer is cheap 'insurance'
As long as they are not p**sed when they are working on your car....lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, WarwickL and Rob2k68
Nothing terribly exciting but I've just replaced my rear wheelarch liners. Both were paper thin in the white patches guess I'll have to be more careful with the jet wash in future :-

Reactions: SW14NY'S, WarwickL, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Cleaned and Gyeon Cured :s3addict:
And added the private plate
View attachment 93542
View attachment 93544
View attachment 93545

Having used the Gyeon cure quick detailer for some time now, l have found out for the best/fastest results, is to dry the car with it using a drying towel obviously...lol then once dried, go over again with the Gyeon with 2 microfiber cloths one for the application the other for buffing..lol sounds gay..lol buffing,but seriously this works best for me,the downside to the gyeon is it's durability,try mixing some gyeon with C2V3 in a bottle this gives fantastic results and will last for ages

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Looks like the water got to her more than I realised. Thought I had a flat tyre at first and then saw the underway hanging off

93ad7709e05c7633977d22a69061e7d1.jpg

134ee94c1f69c59d479ec0cdd7346935.jpg

Looks like the water got to her more than I realised. Thought I had a flat tyre at first and then saw the underway hanging off

93ad7709e05c7633977d22a69061e7d1.jpg

134ee94c1f69c59d479ec0cdd7346935.jpg

Was that caused by going through a large puddle .?

Rear suspension thud
Cracked exterior trim
Rough idle now and then
Revise mag ride settings
A few other minor things
Pushing me towards saying yes to extended warranty...

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
.........birthday coming up in a couple of months mate, I'll have a Daytona one of those please.............:whistle2:

If anyone has a Glacier White S-Line Sportback 1:18 model to sell please let me know. In their infinite wisdom Audi made it a Limited Edition with only 1000 made. They don't do that to the 'real' cars so why limit the models? Anyway I've tried everywhere so far so if anyone has one to sell please PM me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk