What have you done to your 8V today?

Was that caused by going through a large puddle .?
I don't know for sure, I went through 2 massive puddles Wednesday night but only on the tick over so a few mph. Drove about 80 miles since, put my foot down today on the motorway as it was clear and it sounded like a flat tyre so pulled over asap and there is the damage.

I'm sure it started small and the air has just ripped it off.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
I don't know for sure, I went through 2 massive puddles Wednesday night but only on the tick over so a few mph. Drove about 80 miles since, put my foot down today on the motorway as it was clear and it sounded like a flat tyre so pulled over asap and there is the damage.

I'm sure it started small and the air has just ripped it off.

I think it's been mentioned a few times on here that the screws that hold the trays on tend to work themselves loose. In future I think you should check the fixings on a regular bases...:friends:

Reactions: SW14NY'S, WarwickL and Rob2k68
Looks like the water got to her more than I realised. Thought I had a flat tyre at first and then saw the underway hanging off

93ad7709e05c7633977d22a69061e7d1.jpg

134ee94c1f69c59d479ec0cdd7346935.jpg

Sorry to see that mate - looks like its pulled through the middle tab that has the screw in it and the outboard tabs that clip in then the front fixing at the wheel arch. Guess it's a pretty effective undertray then to be exposed to that sort of air flow. Hope you get it sorted soon !

Reactions: pburv
I think it's been mentioned a few times on here that the screws that hold the trays on tend to work themselves loose. In future I think you should check the fixings on a regular bases...:friends:
I did have it off a few weeks ago so I could have not have not give them enough and they've worked lose. Oh well leason learnt

Sorry to see that mate - looks like its pulled through the middle tab that has the screw in it and the outboard tabs that clip in then the front fixing at the wheel arch. Guess it's a pretty effective undertray then to be exposed to that sort of air flow. Hope you get it sorted soon !
Thanks mate, any idea on what the part numbers of the screws, undertray and side bits are? Is there a site I can check prices?

Reactions: Rob2k68
I did have it off a few weeks ago so I could have not have not give them enough and they've worked lose. Oh well leason learnt

How much for a new one?

Thanks mate, any idea on what the part numbers of the screws, undertray and side bits are? Is there a site I can check prices?

No mate unfortunately - best to ping @mjr901 a PM and he'll be able to advise on part numbers and give you a VERY competitive price only downside will be postage given the size and how quickly you need it.

Reactions: SW14NY'S and pburv
No mate unfortunately - best to ping @mjr901 a PM and he'll be able to advise on part numbers and give you a VERY competitive price only downside will be postage given the size and how quickly you need it.
Nice one

Postage ill try and always do for free unless its really heavy and ridiculous. :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SW14NY'S, OliS3, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Postage ill try and always do for free unless its really heavy and ridiculous. :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Being as you're herw do you want to give me the price for all the t25 screws, undertray, and both sides it attaches to and hopefully I won't need it all

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I've basically accepted the fact I must of not tighten the screws enough. I blame mountain biking from being used to 8nm lol

I've basically accepted the fact I must of not tighten the screws enough. I blame mountain biking from being used to 8nm lol

Don't be so hard on yourself mate they're self tappers into J clips so not bomb proof by any means. There's 3 T40 bolts at the back with a thread lock patch that do the real work.

Don't be so hard on yourself mate they're self tappers into J clips so not bomb proof by any means. There's 3 T40 bolts at the back with a thread lock patch that do the real work.
I've taken them out as well to get the tray off. I am annoyed but it's one of them. I broke my collarbone really badly so under the car I still feel weak so I'll blame mountain biking and enjoy a beer and look forward to getting it fixed before audi see it lol

Getting my excuses in.

9acb0a32071f839904fd705fdbb83f2f.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I've taken them out as well to get the tray off. I am annoyed but it's one of them. I broke my collarbone really badly so under the car I still feel weak so I'll blame mountain biking and enjoy a beer and look forward to getting it fixed before audi see it lol

Getting my excuses in.

9acb0a32071f839904fd705fdbb83f2f.jpg

Ouch!
I went on holiday a few years back and got chatting to a couple of keen mountain bikers who were staying in the same hotel. As the holiday progressed I noticed that both of them were getting well tanned except their knees and elbows..They were well scarred...lol The perils of mountain biking I suppose..:rock:

As I said in another thread, dab of silicon under the head of each screw

Before I did that, they were falling out. Even the original ones.

Top tip Warwick....:yes:
and I spelt your name right this time ...lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and WarwickL
I got hold of some S3 centre caps for the wheels for free.

Undecided on them.

Same as the stock Audi four rings ones but with S3 laser etched logo.

Yes or no ?

Edit- oh and Raywell got back to me on the puddle light units saying they had a faulty batch. They wanted to send me replacements but I asked for a refund. No response.....

Reactions: Tristan2, Rob2k68 and pburv
Ouch!
I went on holiday a few years back and got chatting to a couple of keen mountain bikers who were staying in the same hotel. As the holiday progressed I noticed that both of them were getting well tanned except their knees and elbows..They were well scarred...lol The perils of mountain biking I suppose..:rock:
Worse thing is I was downhilling all day and fell off on basically a flat path.

I'll get back on one day but it was certainly an eye opener

I'll give that ago, thanks

I got hold of some S3 centre caps for the wheels for free.

Undecided on them.

Same as the stock Audi four rings ones but with S3 laser etched logo.

Yes or no ?

Edit- oh and Raywell got back to me on the puddle light units saying they had a faulty batch. They wanted to send me replacements but I asked for a refund. No response.....
Have you got a pic of the centre caps Warwick...:friends:

Will try and post one tomorrow - chilling out with a few drinks tonight.

Wife thinks they are tacky so decision probably made
I think we will be the judge of that.....lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Pook, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Drove 466 mile, unloaded the bags and rinsed the car off lol.

Ps: The car didn't miss a beat all the way and we only stopped for fuel :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Max-Robbo, pburv and 1 other person
Hmm 1 pic when viewing in phone browser, 2 on tapatalk!!!???!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just fitted a DTUK pedalbox to a manual S3, less than 5mins.
Happy with the results and recommend it, car feels more responsive and more like a 300bhp hatch should feel.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Max-Robbo
Cleaned the door shuts for the first time... As you can see by the state of the Microfibre! :haudrauf: (Don't say anything about my footwell, that's tomorrow's job...)

Maintenance wash topped up with Autoglym Rapid Detailer, gives a nice shine!

86e66a0d55412e12a2432350dccd4a8d.jpg

Looking again it looks like something hit the underneath of my car. All but the front screw were still tight. Hoping I can just repair it

Took a pic today.......
edit
Any reason as to why it won't show a full pic?
It usually isn't a problem..:readit:

Attachments

• DSC_0248.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: lyallr, Jassyo06, MattSedg and 1 other person
Sorted, just need 1 of the t25 screws. I might still replace it depending on the cost

bc0b20d7f5b555b91ca7d12b4836047d.jpg

Sorted, just need 1 of the t25 screws. I might still replace it depending on the cost

bc0b20d7f5b555b91ca7d12b4836047d.jpg

If they're the same T25s as used for the rear wheel arch liners then I have spares I can post to you mate.

Reactions: Max-Robbo, pburv and OliS3
If they're the same T25s as used for the rear wheel arch liners then I have spares I can post to you mate.
If you don't mind that would be much appreciated, I'll paypal you the postage. are the rears easy to get to our shall I send you a pic of the front one?

Took a pic today.......
edit
Any reason as to why it won't show a full pic?
It usually isn't a problem..:readit:
Probably because you're pic would have blinded us all with its glacier whiteness....maybe ye should have attached a members health warning prior to posting =[ This car may cause temporary blindness].....lol see it worked lol
DSC 0248

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, WarwickL and Rob2k68
If you don't mind that would be much appreciated, I'll paypal you the postage. are the rears easy to get to our shall I send you a pic of the front one?

15mm diameter head and 16mm long. PM me your address if they measure up - no need for PayPal matey ;o)

Reactions: OliS3, pburv and Jassyo06
Probably because you're pic would have blinded us all with its glacier whiteness....maybe ye should have attached a members health warning prior to posting =[ This car may cause temporary blindness].....lol see it worked lol
View attachment 93900
Smarty pants...lol
Cheers jassy....:friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and WarwickL
Just an FYI.

Audi paid for mine - pack of 8
Looks like Rob is giving them away also...Might ask for a set myself.....:whistle2:
I'll have a couple of hundred please Rob...:scared2:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and WarwickL