S3 Heater help

moisty

Reaction score
Hi all need some help.

On Sunday night i hit a massive puddle and water went everywhere. Long and short off it my heater blower stopped working . When i got back i noticed fuse no. 25 had blown . I replaced it and when driving next the next day the blower was very weak and allowed window to steam up.

Blower was never major strong anyway so i fitted a new blower motor from eurocarparts today and i can hear the motor get faster as i turn the speed up but the output is still super weak.

Really need help as it's murder driving with windows down in this weather.

Forgot to say car is a 2001 s3 amk

Cheers

You might of soaked the foam backed flap that dirverts the air around the car I think it works as a filter of some sort to if you have a manual heating system where you twist the knob to get screen , footwell , dash vents you should be able to hear the little flap opening and closing when you twist between the settings if water has got in to that diverter box and soaked the foam that would make sence of why the fan us weak. I would have a look at that and see how it is.

Mine is automatic and i can't really hear anything . One thing i've noticed is if it's set to low temp i get slightly better air flow than if i set temp to higher. You could be on to something though as my pollen filter was soaked

Mine is automatic and i can't really hear anything . One thing i've noticed is if it's set to low temp i get slightly better air flow than if i set temp to higher. You could be on to something though as my pollen filter was soaked
I would check it the foam is really thick as it has to seal the box when diverting the air to the foot well its a bit like the lining under the carpet if it gets wet its like a sponge and will take ages to dry if left so worth a look.

Cool is it easy to get to ? Already have glove box out or will it be a dash out job?

Cool is it easy to get to ? Already have glove box out or will it be a dash out job?
I have only done it on a golf when the heater matrix blew and soaked the inside of the car but getting it through the glove box should be fine if you look right over on the left hand side there should be a white or black box with a cross hatch pattern on it I will have a look for a pic for ya.

Reactions: moisty
MfL14D7faAkdyKGFx5PhMUQ

See the mesh bit on the left that's the bit right after the pollen filter so if the filter was wet I would put money on it that the gate bit got wet to.

Think your right . There was even a bit of water in the fan cover when I swapped the fan over and pollen filter was wringing .

Reactions: sirbobalot
All sorted now thanks again . Heating got a bit better today but I still wasn't happy with it . Turns out the motor I bought was duff . Left my old one soaked in wd40 and tried again tonight and its better than ever :)