S3 Interior heater

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Need some help guys, pretty sure the heater hasnt been working for a while. When the engine is cold it doesnt blow warm / hot air. Which i m sure it used to do. Even when its on say 25degrees with a warm engine its not overly hot. Whats the possible cause ?

thanks

matt

Need some help guys, pretty sure the heater hasnt been working for a while. When the engine is cold it doesnt blow warm / hot air. Which i m sure it used to do. Even when its on say 25degrees with a warm engine its not overly hot. Whats the possible cause ?

thanks

matt

Possible problem is an air lock. Also have you checked your coolant fluid level recently?

To flush out any air you want to get your car up to temp (90 degrees on the dash gauge) then slowly open the coolant header tank. Whack the heating/climate control up to max and put blowers on max too. Any air will bubble out of the tank.

You can also check the lower coolant hose to see if it feels cold.

Its been like this for a few years. I assume the heater blower has a heating element as well as takes heat from the engine bay ? If i cold start my car with an icy screen should i expect warm air from the blower ?

Its been like this for a few years. I assume the heater blower has a heating element as well as takes heat from the engine bay ? If i cold start my car with an icy screen should i expect warm air from the blower ?

You wont get warm air until the car's engine has warmed up and the gauge on the dash starts to move.

The heater matrix is basically just a small radiator that fills with water/coolant and the blower fan blows across this matrix and through the air vents.

thanks

matt

Thats normal. Don't worry about that.
I don't think they came with auxiliary heaters.