How to: Beef up the Alarm

fps_cod

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just though i'd post a little how to on making the stock alarm louder. Haven't seen a how to and though it might be useful.

You need VCDS to complete this.

Fist open VCDS and select the "Select Control Module"

Then "46-Central Conv."

Then "Adaption-10"

Then click on the drop down menu and select "Alarm Horn Adjustment"

You then need to change the New Value to "2"

Then hit Save > Ok > Done.

Close VCDS, open and window, lock the car, wait 30 secs and stick you hand in.(Shield your ears)

This is what I ended up with

Hope it helps someone!

Reactions: AudiA3JJ, Point_Audi, s3_trev and 1 other person
should be made a sticky

theres always members asking how to make the siren louder

Reactions: AudiA3JJ
Videos not working for me on ios.. Would have been good to see it as I agree the standard alarm is sh!t

I'm trying to get my alarm horn to work full stop. It hasn't worked since I bought it and the stealers want something else for a new alarm module. The issue I have is paying for something which may not be the root cause.

Glad you guys found it useful! It's so much better than the standard noise

Videos not working for me on ios.. Would have been good to see it as I agree the standard alarm is sh!t

If you open in Safari it should work then Just gave it a try in iOS 8.

saves me a job!! :applaus:

Reactions: s3_trev
As Bez said^ Deffo should be made sticky!

Thanks for the guide,

Brilliant, I am already on route to the car with the VCDS to change this!lol.. Cheers mate! :)

Reactions: Brennan
Tried this and it works! Thanks for sharing! I tested it before, and it was just a intermittent bleeping, but now not only is it louder its a "siren" rather than bleeping.

Looks like I don't have that option! :( lol
Uploadfromtaptalk1411759182947

Have a you lads got genuine vcds or ebay special? I had ebay vag com for my 8l an it worked a treat. If you've got ebay jobby can u let me know which one (link) cheers lads.

Genuine VCDS all the way.
I've never earnt /taken penny from it, and it's still paid for itself over and over.

Reactions: 45bvtc and s3_trev
china clone works just like the real thing £10 iirc :)
Be trying my alarm tomotrrow

A quick hijack here does anyone know how to make the alarm beep when u activate the door lock?

Many thanks,

there are slight differences down to model year and or the RS3. Im using the latest rev of VCDS.

On my 2012 RS3
Its under 09 - Central Electrics instead of 46 - Central Con.
Its called Alarm Horn Country Setting instead of Alarm Horn Adjustment (although it is still channel 13)
I had to change mine to 0 - Frequency modulated & 10 Tamper Alarms from 1 - discontinuous & 10 Tamper Alarms.

I now have the sweeping alarm tone, rather than broken beeps.

I’ve guessing this works the same for lock/unlock sound? Would it be possible to change the sound, or make it much more quieter? I find it quite obnoxious atm.

Also, could this be done using an a adapter like OBDEleven, instead of VCDS?