unknown remap

s3kirk

Reaction score
Hi guys.
My s3 has had a remap done by a previous owner, was looking through the paperwork to find out what kind of remap it had done.
I found an invoice from a company called "Lynx automotive", according to the invoice they had changed the ecu, not just re flashed it, there's 2 part numbers written down on the invoice, i googled them and the first just came up as a standard ecu, the second however i could not find out much about, google only returned 2 results, of which was a french Audi forum, i skimmed the poorly translated posts and the only thing that caught my eye was ABT? the part number is 8no 997 020px. will take a picture of the invoice shortly. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this?
thanks

The part number you have been looking for is incorrect. You have 8no, it should be 8n0, so try looking for 8N0997020PX .
According to ETKA it is suitable for the 2001-2003 A3 and was used with the AMK engine.Which is the S3 lump according to ETKA.
The X on the end of a part number means it's an exchange unit.
replaces 8N0906018CH , 8N0906018J and 8N0997018MX

Karl.

The part number you have been looking for is incorrect. You have 8no, it should be 8n0, so try looking for 8N0997020PX .
According to ETKA it is suitable for the 2001-2003 A3 and was used with the AMK engine.Which is the S3 lump according to ETKA.
The X on the end of a part number means it's an exchange unit.
replaces 8N0906018CH , 8N0906018J and 8N0997018MX

Karl.

ahh ok, thanks for that,I have another question, i've read somewhere that you have to chip ecu's on the s3 but only on the older ones, so further down the line when I eventually want to get it remapped again will i need to get it chipped again? or can it just be reflashed? mines a 2001 amk?

ahh ok, thanks for that,I have another question, i've read somewhere that you have to chip ecu's on the s3 but only on the older ones, so further down the line when I eventually want to get it remapped again will i need to get it chipped again? or can it just be reflashed? mines a 2001 amk?

No need to change the chip unless it's been damaged or locked out by another tuner.

Sometimes the older ones are a pain to flash via the obd port and the ecu needs to be removed to 'bench flash' them.