locking wheel key thing needed in stoke

rob0904

Reaction score
Hi, come to replace my rear tyres and the locking wheel nut key snapped so cant get the wheels off. Its code on it is ABC 0 10 spline.. if youre in stoke on trent and got a spare 5 mins so I could just get these bolts out.

Let me know if you could help.

Rob

Who tightened the wheel bolts last you really have to go some to snap one of these. I always tighten the bolts with the supplied wheel brace. It's really hard to overtighten a wheel bolt with these as they are short and you just can't get the leverage. Part of the reason they are made short by the manufacturer.
Alternatively a torque wrench to do them up properly.

Theres one here

VW/ AUDI / SEAT / SKODA / BMW LOCKING WHEEL NUT KEY ABC 0 EXCELLENT CONDITION | eBay

Karl.

Tried a socket but as its round on the outside it just slips. Bought the car with the dame tyres on so not sure. Yeah saw that key on ebay just hoped there might be someone local who would undone the 2 bolts using there key.

Might buy that key if it doesnt go for silly money.

Rob

This happened to me years ago on a Fiesta. I just bought some smaller sockets and bashed them on with a hammer. All came off :)

Reactions: ruffrida
I may have a friend with the same key! Fingers crossed saves smashing a good socket up

Forgot I had a set of bolts off my old Passat, just checked and it's abc 7.