Locking Nut Bolt Key

Martin69

Reaction score
Hi Guys...

Have a bit of an unusual one... I left my A4 to my mechanic there a few days ago to investigate a screechy break problem however when I arrived to collect the car my mechanic informed me that he couldnt get to the break pad because the locking nut bolt key broke on him :banghead:

Does anyone have a part number for it??

Cheers,
Martin

think he is asking for the locking nut key part number mate that would be an audi only part me thinks as they should not all be the same take the old key to audi they should no how to get around it

Yeh fair one, i thought i read allen bolt somewhere :think:

More coffee :drag:

hey mate if its gonna be one of thoughs days coffee will not help lol

Front brake yes?

Yeah its the front left brakes alright... its been annoying me...

@simon yeah your right... I suppose there is nothing more to do than just ring Audi and see what they say...

ok that was easy... I was expecting it to be worse than that...

just rang my local Audi dealer there and he told me that all I need to do is pop into them and they will fit a few sets they have to see which one fits... then once he knows which one fits he will give me one of them...

€20 + vat... not too bad... prob even cheaper in UK dealers...

id also be asking the place you just took it to to foot the bill for it as it hapend with them and a lot of places use the air gun on them and its that that buggers them most of the time if audi cant help its gona be a right git to sort out

yeah problem is it wasnt Audi that I originally gave the car to... so they would more than likely tell me to f**k off :whistle2:

ill just mention it to my mechanic and tell him how much it was and let him know not to use the Air gun on it again... at least until he loosens it up a bit...