Any news on the tfsi kit for 1.8t

Goubo1

Reaction score
Been away from the site from start of the year and last I heard the tfsi k04 was about to get tested on the 4wd chassis any one got that kit on a s3 ???

I've asked a couple of times on fb, always got blanked so gave up...

Reactions: Goubo1
I have but no details yet until im ready...;)

Maybe Dan will chip in, he has had one ready for a while now? and he was thinking of doing the kits...no idea what happened to that..

What else is needed though and where can you get it lol

Custom downpipe, re jig your intercooling piping and check prawns thread for what else needs doing.

All in it can't be much cheaper than going for a T25/28 turbo

Reactions: Munch
Would just be nice to see a complete kit price to compare. Ive been in prawns car. Its astonishingly quick,smooth and power delivery is constant from low down to redline.
Im pretty sure i want this conversion,
Avoiding stage 2.but i want more.

if you have st2 hardware already, then a hybrid is a cheaper route to getting over 300bhp, but do not expect 350bhp from a hybrid, it's still NOT the norm.

If you only have st1 hardware currently, then the TFSI route is a great way to 350bhp, and I absolutely believe it'd still come in way cheaper than a GT28 setup all things considered.

The adaptor above for example is £140 posted, good condition used turbo's tend to go for £400-450, so that's £600 for turbo and manifold, the downpipe parts came to around £100 and it wasn't that hard to make. and the lines are easily sorted.

All in I'd say it'd be a similar cost to go TFSI turbo as it would to fit a hybrid ko4 to a st1 car. but in my opinion, the tfsi is better.

Reactions: daz-20vt
Tsfi= win.
If i had the ability to diy id start it very soon. How hard was the dp on yours nick?
I was under the impression it was a mare of a job?

mine's front wheel drive, so incredibly simple mate.

Downpipe is the least of the issues really though, a custom DP is usually around £350-400, so comparable cost to a BT downpipe or relentless with sportscat.

Hmm. I defo think this is for me. hopefully someone will produce off the shelf stuff.

Got to bear in mind alot of the TFSI second hand turbos have been thrashed by the 8p crew that run them at 2 bar , so really need looking at, unless you get lucky....

The Haldex version is not as easy and the DP is not straightforward at all, but then the charge piping is a lot easier than the 2WD, If you are not a fabricator and need stuff making for you, i think you are knocking on BT moneys door

Reactions: badger5 and kwistof
I'm guessing the surge they all seem to suffer on the TFSIs I've seen is down to mapping?

Down to the enormous boost request I'd imagine! Some of the tfsi maps run at almost 2 bar!

No surge on mine at all at 21psi, and not seen during mapping either up to 25 psi ish.

Reactions: s3dave