Guys running water meth??

One last question. So I have ordered my kit from DevilsOwn. Now they want to know what size injector I want. As I have no idea, what size would you recomend with my current set up as seen in my sig below.

I'm another massive fan, and you cam use plain water for a massive cooling effect if you are concerned about running meth. I've done back to back testing at Bruntingthorpe and the drop in temps, both inlet and EGT is substantial.

Rick

Reactions: russwuss, superkarl and Westy
So I received my kit(DevilsOwn) yesterday. As I ordered the uprated solenoid is there still any need for the check valve.

Thanks Westy.
For anyone running this kit, where did you mount the tank and pump any pics if you have them would be great.

All,
Devils Own have a Easter Special on at the minute for the people that might want one :D

For the guys that have WMI, what's the best way to install the nozzle? I don't have access to a welder so thinking of installing into the silicone hose before the TB? Comments?

Thanks!

Send the pipe and nozzle to bill to weld! Did a good job on mine! The comments I get when I open my boot and ppl see the bottle! Quantum screenwash ftw!

Send the pipe and nozzle to bill to weld! Did a good job on mine! The comments I get when I open my boot and ppl see the bottle! Quantum screenwash ftw!

Only problem with that is the pipe is huge.. As it's been custom made so I only have a little piece of silicone at the top and a 90deg onto the cooler - so would cost an arm and leg to post :-(

Haha, I have 4 x 5L bottles of that downstairs ready :D

Funniest comment I've ever had was when I took the car for the MOT, they had a lad there on work experience... He was sat in passenger seat whilst the tester was doing the emissions test - he gets out and starts pulling at the passenger seat, went over and asked him what he's doing, replied 'you've got a nos gauge on your dash, I wanted to see the nos bottle.. Is it under the seat like in fast and furious?' Had to try not to **** myself :D

Seen them tapped straight into the ic pipe a 1/8-27 NPT tap required with an 11/32 drill bit ...:salute:
but ideally a welded boss is king..ive got some spare if you are struggling to source one..

what power increases have people being seeing from using devils own system?

Seen them tapped straight into the ic pipe a 1/8-27 NPT tap required with an 11/32 drill bit ...:salute:
but ideally a welded boss is king..ive got some spare if you are struggling to source one..

That's what Bruce at Devils Own suggested to me, not sure if my IC pipe would be thick enough though.

Cheers I'll keep that I mind, may have to see if anyone local can weld it on. Shame I can't use bluetac, I'm a pro with that :D

what power increases have people being seeing from using devils own system?

I can't comment yet.. But to be honest from the above comments WMI is used to keep the car running cooler and consistent - not for power increases.

Reactions: Broken Byzan
to increase power tune is requiered.

Did someone fit nozzles Pre-Turbocharger??

to increase power tune is requiered.

Did someone fit nozzles Pre-Turbocharger??

Not really much point to be honest... trying to cool pre turbo charge is not something thats required in this country... don't really see the ambient air temps to warrant that level of integration...

Cooling the air temps pre FMIC only make the FMIC less efficient in context (obviously subject to how good a FMIC is fitted)...

Tuning for WMI in this way is not the best route for most people... have seen a car tuned for meth and totally reliant on it to the point that when it failed the engine blew... if chasing figures then build accordingly so right turbo and engine plus supporting hardware... don't be reliant on WMI else it will bite you... a decent post FMIC setup with WMI will reduce IAT's enough to produce potential for consistent power and making best of the hardware you have... to properly tune for power using WMI then you are going to get more from adding a nozzle per cylinder etc but thats not really got a place on a road car

<tuffty/>

Reactions: snowy
Don't fit the nozzle into silicone guys. There was a video on YouTube where a demonstration showed that the nozzle wasn't able to spray properly. Get a boss welded into a metal piece of pipe.

Reactions: Prawn, snowy and <tuffty/>
Directport flexline

Won't have much chance to atomise properly there will it ?

Direct port injection is used more for octane increases rather than the cooling effects. And you use a smaller nozzle, so it'll be atomised plenty assuming the spray isnt hitting the walls of the manifold

A little excessive for most people tbh... no real need for most applications as wmi post fmic does the job intended. ..

This is more in the realm of tuning for wmi if you need to extract the last ounce of performance from the engine... trouble with tuning this way is failover protection. ..if wmi fails or you run out then you need something in place to protect the engine... ... have seen a car tuned for meth pull 12's on the dyno when wmi failed to work... only reason we knew is due to logging cf's otherwise there was no other indication wmi wasn't working... would kit have ended well

<tuffty/>

A little excessive for most people tbh... no real need for most applications as wmi post fmic does the job intended. ..

This is more in the realm of tuning for wmi if you need to extract the last ounce of performance from the engine... trouble with tuning this way is failover protection. ..if wmi fails or you run out then you need something in place to protect the engine... ... have seen a car tuned for meth pull 12's on the dyno when wmi failed to work... only reason we knew is due to logging cf's otherwise there was no other indication wmi wasn't working... would kit have ended well

<tuffty/>

if the problem is the protection of engine is easy for me to make protection circuit to the engine, if wmi dont work engine dont work too

<tuffty/>

Said car on said dyno day did also break on its way home also..........

tuned to the max....... reliability suffered......... No real surprise there is there.

Reactions: <tuffty/>
if the problem is the protection of engine is easy for me to make protection circuit to the engine, if wmi dont work engine dont work too

Off you go then :)

To answer your actual question, there aren't any installations on here that I am aware of that utilise direct port WMI as for most people on here the simple WMI installation is more than capable...

How you configure WMI and nozzles largely depends on what you are expecting it to do...

This is a decent read..
Where Do I Position My Water Injection Nozzles

<tuffty/>

Meth makes me happy, everyone should use it :)

Reactions: StaceyS3