My S3

Now there's a very good question.

The rods won't bend easily for sure,and the crank seems good,but I don't really know,as there aren't many knocking around with this sort of torque.....let's see.

Alex and I were both saying yesterday how we both hate listening to our cars on the dyno,and how you kinda expect to see engine parts flying around as it winds up to peak power.
Just gonna keep going till it goes bang ?
Won't be long and yours will rip the dyno up off it's mounts lol

Alex are u running the runner flap delete on your apr software ?

Alex are u running the runner flap delete on your apr software ?

I actually asked AMD there thoughts on this and they felt it was not necessary? not sure what other peoples views on it are?

I actually asked AMD there thoughts on this and they felt it was not necessary? not sure what other peoples views on it are?
Well on amd's facebook yellow s3 just popped up loads work done including apr 2+ with runner flap delete, that's y I asked lol
I thought it wasn't worth it till you get into big turbos

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Well on amd's facebook yellow s3 just popped up loads work done including apr 2+ with runner flap delete, that's y I asked lol

Funnily enough i saw that not so long ago to. I'm not to clued up with them but i'm sure if it was needed AMD would advise getting it

Reactions: Smirky
Funnily enough i saw that not so long ago to. I'm not to clued up with them but i'm sure if it was needed AMD would advise getting it
Yeah I imagine so ,
Curious to know what it made though,
My car never seems to make the facebook page lol

Yeah I imagine so ,
Curious to know what it made though,
My car never seems to make the facebook page lol

I need to call them soon about picking up mine so ill let you know if i can get figures from them.

Mine has once but been there so much they are probably bored of seeing it haha

I need to call them soon about picking up mine so ill let you know if i can get figures from them.

Mine has once but been there so much they are probably bored of seeing it haha
Get up there and pick it up ! Least they don't charge storage fees and bring them in every night !

Get up there and pick it up ! Least they don't charge storage fees and bring them in every night !

Its not easy as i work till 6 and they shut at 6 but half day booked for tomorrow and should have it by 3pm :D Just spoke to them and forgot to ask about the yellow s3 so apologies. they unplugged the haldex on mine and ran it in 2WD and the car has made around

410BHP & 440 torque which i'm more than happy with!!

Reactions: S3Alex and Smirky
Ill be putting graph up tomorrow when i get it :)

Its not easy as i work till 6 and they shut at 6 but half day booked for tomorrow and should have it by 3pm :D Just spoke to them and forgot to ask about the yellow s3 so apologies. they unplugged the haldex on mine and ran it in 2WD and the car has made around

440 is a **** load! Luckily u have the stronger engine ! That would be pushing it a bit to much on my engine I think so would have to dial it down !

My car never got on well with the dyno in 4WD mode,and often started to pull out timing and/or fuelling and gave lower figures than it should on the road.
Conventional(I.e.Torque sensing or other LSDs) diffs(yes,for the nit-pickers ,I know the Haldex is an electro-mechanical clutch and not a diff) diffs seem not to give anything like the problems you see on our cars,but there you go.

That's a great result,and it will feel so much better on the road than before.
The K04 is well short on torque above 5000rpm,as it runs out of puff,and blows hot air.

Enjoy!

440 is a **** load! Luckily u have the stronger engine ! That would be pushing it a bit to much on my engine I think so would have to dial it down !

I thought that was a nice high figure for torque! :) cant wait to feel the difference!

My car never got on well with the dyno in 4WD mode,and often started to pull out timing and/or fuelling and gave lower figures than it should on the road.
Conventional(I.e.Torque sensing or other LSDs) diffs(yes,for the nit-pickers ,I know the Haldex is an electro-mechanical clutch and not a diff) diffs seem not to give anything like the problems you see on our cars,but there you go.

That's a great result,and it will feel so much better on the road than before.
The K04 is well short on torque above 5000rpm,as it runs out of puff,and blows hot air.

Enjoy!

I'm happy to see its not just my car ! Do AMD run yours in 2WD also then ?

Massive difference - constant power to! :)

I thought that was a nice high figure for torque! :) cant wait to feel the difference!

I'm happy to see its not just my car ! Do AMD run yours in 2WD also then ?

Massive difference - constant power to! :)

They tried it in both modes as the power and torque graphs looked strange in 4WD,and also it was pulling back on load.
It ran better in 2WD,and Storm also ran it on a 2WD dyno,and I know lots of others have done the same.

The Haldex shifts torque around according to where the best grip is,and also receives inputs from the ECU in terms of throttle opening and so on.

The end result on what was quite old software,and a non-standard hardware setup(Revo specified a 3071 and also had no facility to handle boost beyond 1.7bar,so it required a standalone boost controller),that it never really worked well on the dyno.
With a very different and more capable ECU etc,it feels totally different,as yours no doubt does now.

I think in terms of power and torque capabilities,the TTE420 isn't much different to a 3071,and the difference between that and a wrung-out K04 is huge.
The feeling of the car running out of breath at around 5500-6000rpm goes,and the midrange torque is much better,and I'm sure you trade very little response for that.

I notice now that the 3582 works well with the new ECU,and doesn't really feel any different off-boost,but the boost naturally comes in higher than before....you shouldn't get that at all.

I thought that was a nice high figure for torque! :) cant wait to feel the difference
I imagine your torque curve will look alot better than mine towards the top of the rev range

Attachments

• IMAG0569.jpg
    IMAG0569.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 274
They tried it in both modes as the power and torque graphs looked strange in 4WD,and also it was pulling back on load.
It ran better in 2WD,and Storm also ran it on a 2WD dyno,and I know lots of others have done the same.

The Haldex shifts torque around according to where the best grip is,and also receives inputs from the ECU in terms of throttle opening and so on.

The end result on what was quite old software,and a non-standard hardware setup(Revo specified a 3071 and also had no facility to handle boost beyond 1.7bar,so it required a standalone boost controller),that it never really worked well on the dyno.
With a very different and more capable ECU etc,it feels totally different,as yours no doubt does now.

I think in terms of power and torque capabilities,the TTE420 isn't much different to a 3071,and the difference between that and a wrung-out K04 is huge.
The feeling of the car running out of breath at around 5500-6000rpm goes,and the midrange torque is much better,and I'm sure you trade very little response for that.

I notice now that the 3582 works well with the new ECU,and doesn't really feel any different off-boost,but the boost naturally comes in higher than before....you shouldn't get that at all.

Seems best way to run them is 2WD in general if the haldex is shifting torque. I'm certainly putting up a post tomorrow to let you know how it feels. Will be hard to notice power from before to now as the kia has got in the way of that so anything is going to feel quick but in terms of car holding power ill notice that for sure.

They have done a really good job with the TTE420, a very good Hybrid!

Be good to compare that to the one i get tomorrow!

Reactions: S3Alex and Smirky
Seems best way to run them is 2WD in general if the haldex is shifting torque. I'm certainly putting up a post tomorrow to let you know how it feels. Will be hard to notice power from before to now as the kia has got in the way of that so anything is going to feel quick but in terms of car holding power ill notice that for sure.

They have done a really good job with the TTE420, a very good Hybrid!

Be good to compare that to the one i get tomorrow!
With your dsg box it's gonna be seriously quick !
I
With those figures I'm kind of in between a rock and a hard place If I would have to forge the engine might aswell bypass tte and go for a bigger turbo ?

With your dsg box it's gonna be seriously quick !
I
With those figures I'm kind of in between a rock and a hard place If I would have to forge the engine might aswell bypass tte and go for a bigger turbo ?

I've just got the APR DSG map on as well. used to have the AMD one but when the gearbox was replaced i didn't run any for ages so that will feel good having that back.

Aren't the internals good for higher than the figures i have ? If i knew i would of had the problems i've had i would of gone bigger turbo from stage 2+

I've just got the APR DSG map on as well. used to have the AMD one but when the gearbox was replaced i didn't run any for ages so that will feel good having that back.

Aren't the internals good for higher than the figures i have ? If i knew i would of had the problems i've had i would of gone bigger turbo from stage 2+
I'm not to sure I no @S3Alex ran at 440ft lb but mine has had previous owners etc looking at what 4k to goto a hybrid ? Can get Garret gt28 for about 3k euros good for 450bhp
http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/lshop...17,Tshowrub--1107453340.tfsileistungskit,.htm
It's a nightmare lol

Reactions: S3Alex
The S3 rods seem good for a long term 440lbs.

@Alex_Wil ..I know how that feels.

Imagine my original BT build after this fine machine...

P1000601.jpg

AMD were good enough to let me have the old loaner for 3 months(!) while we waited on parts.

The S3 rods seem good for a long term 440lbs.

@Alex_Wil ..I know how that feels.

Imagine my original BT build after this fine machine...

P1000601.jpg

AMD were good enough to let me have the old loaner for 3 months(!) while we waited on parts.
Loool I was meant to get the golf but it had broken down in a car park somewhere !,
I'm gonna have to speak to Ben later in the year get a price for forging the engine and go from there

I'm not to sure I no @S3Alex ran at 440ft lb but mine has had previous owners etc looking at what 4k to goto a hybrid ? Can get Garret gt28 for about 3k euros good for 450bhp
http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/lshop...17,Tshowrub--1107453340.tfsileistungskit,.htm
It's a nightmare lol

It is a bit of a minefield.

The APR kit uses a GTX2867 and is quick,probably on a par or thereabouts with the TTE420,and I think both of those solutions offer a lot of driveability without the feeling that it's going to try and kill you soon for what you've done to it.

I was very impressed with the APR kit on the car I had a ride in,and I would guess that TTE feels much the same looking at torque etc.
The next step after that though will have to involve a big turbo kit(manifold,inlet,etc etc) and internals though,so it is a big jump.

All that was around when I started was either the ATP kit(which I bought) and the BSH kit which was nicer,but much more expensive and required a LOT of work to make it fit a UK car.

Now you have Nortech to cater for that,and I can guarantee that it all fits.

Loool I was meant to get the golf but it had broken down in a car park somewhere !,
I'm gonna have to speak to Ben later in the year get a price for forging the engine and go from there

As a rough guesstimate,you're looking at £1-1.5k for the pistons and rods,and at least £1k for labour.....be prepared for that and anything less is a bonus.

The really expensive bits are turbos,kits,and pumps.
Turbo: around £1.5k up
Kit: around £2k
Pumps and bits:another grand.

It is a bit of a minefield.

The APR kit uses a GTX2867 and is quick,probably on a par or thereabouts with the TTE420,and I think both of those solutions offer a lot of driveability without the feeling that it's going to try and kill you soon for what you've done to it.

I was very impressed with the APR kit on the car I had a ride in,and I would guess that TTE feels much the same looking at torque etc.
The next step after that though will have to involve a big turbo kit(manifold,inlet,etc etc) and internals though,so it is a big jump.

All that was around when I started was either the ATP kit(which I bought) and the BSH kit which was nicer,but much more expensive and required a LOT of work to make it fit a UK car.

Now you have Nortech to cater for that,and I can guarantee that it all fits.
That gt28 comes with a cast manifold
But like u say a minefield would I really want to fit a tte and turn it down ? Run it full power blow the engine having to rebuild it then put a tte back on a forged engine lol
Ggrrr

Yeah I no its a horrible noise don't they take it up to like 8.5k ?

No...the rpm limit is usually 7k.
Mine is 7.5k before the soft limiter comes in but the valvetrain has been done.
8.5k on stock valves = parts...LOL

RFD...you don't need it at Stg2+.
It does give you a few bhp but only at peak rpm,and it requires either APR or a custom map to run it without cold running issues.
With a really high power big turbo,yes it is worth the extra air flow,but I think the placebo effect works below that level.

Reactions: Alex_Wil and Smirky
That gt28 comes with a cast manifold
But like u say a minefield would I really want to fit a tte and turn it down ? Run it full power blow the engine having to rebuild it then put a tte back on a forged engine lol
Ggrrr

Mine's turned down......

Last edited:
Reactions: S. and Smirky
Graph as promised . just short of 410 bhp and 440

Attachments

• IMG-20160429-WA0027.jpeg
    IMG-20160429-WA0027.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 186
it has been for sure !! drives so well . the gear changes are completely different it holds and holds and hold and the power is continuous all the way through compared to before ! one thing that's a huge difference is ive realised again how sh** and bumpy roads are now I'm out the kia

Reactions: Smirky and S3Alex
Nice.

Interesting comparing it to my old 3076.
With that,the boost peak is later,and holds on longer,whereas your TTE comes in sooner and rolls off faster,as you'd expect.

You've also got some quite decent torque rolling in at 3000rpm,where the bigger 3076 hasn't woken up at all.

it has been for sure !! drives so well . the gear changes are completely different it holds and holds and hold and the power is continuous all the way through compared to before ! one thing that's a huge difference is ive realised again how sh** and bumpy roads are now I'm out the kia
Haha yeah there rubbish !
Won't be alot around that will keep up with you now
Enjoy pissin off those 911's lol

Right another update . new wheels are on and I absolutely love them ! not best pics but in love haha

Attachments

• 20160429_185709.jpg
    20160429_185709.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 317
  • IMG-20160429-WA0036.jpeg
    IMG-20160429-WA0036.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 202
  • 20160429_185721.jpg
    20160429_185721.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 213
Reactions: Carlos85, S., leshkin and 2 others
Very nice indeed.

Cheers Alex . don't think I've been up on early just to the the audi out . lovely day !