8V VCDS Mods

Here are a few changes I made with success that I don't think are documented here:

Prevent doors from automatically unlocking when parking:
09 - Central Elec.
(4)-Access control-automatisches Entriegeln Default: active Change to: not active
(25)-Access control-Autounlock NAR Default: active Change to: not active
NOTE: Not sure what the differences is between these two adaptations. The second one is probably already disabled in ROW.

Remember air recirc. setting when car is off
[08] HVAC
Store recirculation air setting for term. 15 off Default: matching coding Change to: save

Enable automatic activation of parking tones when approaching obstacle
Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> Select function 07
Select Byte 3
Enable Bit 4

One item that did not work on my car (2016 A3 8V US market):
Setting the heated seat time from level 3 to level 2 - default was 10 min. Any other setting causes the timer to break, seat stays on level 3 until manually lowered.

Reactions: Schizophonic, kc1174, fastblatt and 2 others
Enable automatic activation of parking tones when approaching obstacle
Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
Select Byte 3
Enable Bit 4

Wow !! going to try that now - that's how my Seat Leon worked and I much preferred that. Any idea what the speed threshold is ?

Just changed to the auto PDC setting so will try on the way home think it was speed and distance related on the Leon.

Anyone any idea how to switch off seat seating with key off rather than remembering the setting ?

Doesn't help with the switch LEDs being hidden by the steering wheel so I always toast my buttocks on the drive home from work.

Wow !! going to try that now - that's how my Seat Leon worked and I much preferred that. Any idea what the speed threshold is ?

So the auto front PDC works but only kicked in when about 0.6m (2ft) away - wonder if there is a setting for this and also for it to auto switch to the graphical display ?

Not sure what the threshold is, but yes it seems to be speed related, and it does wait until you get pretty close. Sound only, no graphic without hitting the button.

I have a hunch for making the graphic pop-up... might be this:

Select byte 2

Bit 0 - visual representation Einparkhilfe – activate

I really don't know though. If you want to be the guinea pig and test it, please let me know if it works! On second thought... that bit might already be on... have to go check.

Reactions: mike260193 and Rob2k68
Been playing around with some offline tools today as it's starting to get a little cold outside to be sitting in the car with a laptop... made the attached label file to see if it would work with LCode.exe outside of VCDS :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 18.49.58.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 18.49.58.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 969
Reactions: RO65ERS, Martinbanshee, Simon L and 1 other person
Been playing around with some offline tools today as it's starting to get a little cold outside to be sitting in the car with a laptop... made the attached label file to see if it would work with LCode.exe outside of VCDS :)

Haha classic love it !! Need bit 2 enabled when I'm parking up !!!

Reactions: Simon L
would love my media to restart where it left off instead of intermittently begin at the beginning

That was some read! Already done 8 mods to my RS3 (I think they've all been mentioned), and got another 6 to try from that 30 page marathon. It really would be nice if there was a clean thread with codes only - must thank @DJAlix for his efforts and PDF file.

Also, for those asking persistently about the ACC 3 second auto pull away timer - before I'd read this thread that was one of my first things I went looking for as it annoyed me from the get go of driving with ACC enabled! Sadly, nothing that looked promising in Adaptions or even a Byte in Long Coding that looked like it may contain an encoded value... I guess it's hard coded :(

Reactions: DJAlix and Rob2k68
That was some read! Already done 8 mods to my RS3 (I think they've all been mentioned), and got another 6 to try from that 30 page marathon. It really would be nice if there was a clean thread with codes only - must thank @DJAlix for his efforts and PDF file.

Also, for those asking persistently about the ACC 3 second auto pull away timer - before I'd read this thread that was one of my first things I went looking for as it annoyed me from the get go of driving with ACC enabled! Sadly, nothing that looked promising in Adaptions or even a Byte in Long Coding that looked like it may contain an encoded value... I guess it's hard coded :(

I've searched for this for ages now. Found nothing.

If someone can send me an adaptation map of the ACC module and screen cap the bytes and bits for me I might be able to work it out. I had a forum member here

:)

I am in the process of typing up some updates to the document and am building a website around it which might be easier to use going forward. Taking time tho :(

Another forum member here has sent over their ACC related details which I am digesting at the moment but if anyone with ACC has a few mins it would be great if the adaptation maps and screen caps of the Bytes and Bits could be sent over to alexvcds@icloud.com for comparison. I am also attempting to reverse engineer some related bits I have found with in Vag Can Professional, but its all guess work at the moment as I do not have a car to directly access with VCP.

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Rob2k68 and josedebardi
Another forum member here has sent over their ACC related details which I am digesting at the moment but if anyone with ACC has a few mins it would be great if the adaptation maps and screen caps of the Bytes and Bits could be sent over to alexvcds@icloud.com for comparison. I am also attempting to reverse engineer some related bits I have found with in Vag Can Professional, but its all guess work at the moment as I do not have a car to directly access with VCPa.

Do you still need this? I can do so this evening if so (or whenever), just let me know!

Reactions: ah_kiat and DJAlix
Thought I would share a recent VCDS experience with the forum.

Last week I had a guy contact me asking if I could work on his A3 8P which he had just bought. The car was a 1.9 TDI but had a facelift conversion (full S3) including Xenons with LED DLR’s. A few warnings were flashing in the DIS and the lights needed coding, also the car thought it had the Interior Light Pack even though none of the bits where installed.

A few days later, at approx 23:30, I get a call from the guy saying that after seeing what I could do with VCDS he bought himself a copy and had run in to some trouble while coding his friends A1. The Auto Lights, AirCon, Front Wipers and Start/Stop had all stopped working. When asked he told me the version of VCDS he was using was v11 something… No prizes for guessing where the cable came from :) Was about 4am by the time we called it a night / morning until later that day. Have spent about 6 hours on the car so far.

It turns out that activating Rear Tear Drop Wipe causes issues in the A1, kills the Rain and Light Sensor dead and renders the front wipers inoperable. It also induced battery drain for some reason. The Rear Teardrop Wipe worked perfectly tho! lol Deactivating the Bit in order to reverse the change does not fix the issue as the damage was done, same goes for undoing the RLS. The car is now going back to Audi and is not road legal, and the car in question belongs to a driving instructor!

Why am I posting this? Buying a monkey fake cable is bad enough but messing around with codings and adaptations, jumping in feet first with no real knowledge or prep can cause major and costly issues to our cars! Research the changes you are thinking of making in order to see if they are tried and tested before you click that mouse!

Reactions: kc1174, Wondering Soul, ChiYoung and 7 others
Just another little bit of information if anyone was thinking of getting a Tablet, I nabbed this Linx 1010B from PCWorld. Runs Windows 10 (Home - Desktop version) and has two full size USB ports. VCDS and VCP run perfectly!

Attachments

• IMG_4725.JPG
    IMG_4725.JPG
    885.9 KB · Views: 760
Reactions: glospete, Schizophonic, Martinbanshee and 1 other person
Very patient of you Alix - don't think I'd have been so obliging at 11.30 !! Need my beauty sleep.

I did the teardrop thing, and have fixed it for 4 people now!!
See my warning here! http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?t=121466

As you say, of people did some proper research first they would realise clicking bits randomly is not a good idea!

I can probably suggest the correct coding if you email what it looks like now. It seems bad but it is only 1 byte that causes all the mayhem!

In fact I still have the screenshot of the byte in question and the corrective coding!

5f3831f1c739da87a0ab1006cc01e0ad.jpg

Note that the undocumented bit 1 is also set=1.

Hope it helps!!

Reactions: DJAlix
In fact I still have the screenshot of the byte in question and the corrective coding!

5f3831f1c739da87a0ab1006cc01e0ad.jpg

Note that the undocumented bit 1 is also set=1.

Hope it helps!!
This is great information! To be honest the car was in bad shape anyway, botched airbag crash data wipe as well as all the coding issues, and with no hint of an alcoholic beverage offer for my trouble I doubt I will see the car again lol I will let the guy know about the fix tho :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and josedebardi
So was having a nose around module 55 Headlight Range looking to see if I can adjust dipped beam slightly higher and came across presentation mode ?

Anyone know what this does ? Couldn't try it as needed a security code. May also be a unique module to LED headlamps.

My understanding of "Presentation Mode" is this allows you to control the cycle motion (light beams move up then down) you get when you turn on Xenon dipped beams:
  • On = Cycle (Factory Default).
  • Off = No Cycle.
Not tested this myself but seen on another forum that someone has set this to off. If you are looking to set your beam higher without a manual adjustment (will look this up in ElsaWin and post an update) you will need to perform "Basic Settings" while parked on a road surface with a slight angle I believe, so that your car is facing down hill so to speak, in order to "trick" the car in to thinking it's level ground.

Reactions: Rob2k68
My understanding of "Presentation Mode" is this allows you to control the cycle motion (light beams move up then down) you get when you turn on Xenon dipped beams:
  • On = Cycle (Factory Default).
  • Off = No Cycle.
Not tested this myself but seen on another forum that someone has set this to off. If you are looking to set your beam higher without a manual adjustment (will look this up in ElsaWin and post an update) you will need to perform "Basic Settings" while parked on a road surface with a slight angle I believe, so that your car is facing down hill so to speak, in order to "trick" the car in to thinking it's level ground.

That's brill - thanks for that ;o)

Has anyone configured the car temperature to give an audible warming / flash on the dash when it gets to say 4 degrees or lower outside?

Have a MK7 Golf which just like the MK6 before it does this whilst my previous TT and the A3 don't seem to notify you of a temperature drop.

I remember seeing adaptation channels for being able to set when the warning flashes up but don't remember seeing an Audible Warning adaptation. Will add this to my list of things to check.

Reactions: GarethJB
Here are a few changes I made with success that I don't think are documented here:

Prevent doors from automatically unlocking when parking:
09 - Central Elec.
(4)-Access control-automatisches Entriegeln Default: active Change to: not active
(25)-Access control-Autounlock NAR Default: active Change to: not active
NOTE: Not sure what the differences is between these two adaptations. The second one is probably already disabled in ROW.

Is that the thing that when you turn off your car and remove the key the doors open automatically?

Hi everyone,

Firstly great thread DJAlix, I have applied several mods to my S3 without issue. One mod I really want but can't seem to find (other than for older chassis) is automatic comfort closing on lock. To be clear I don't mean holding down the remote button, I mean lock the car and walk away. It seems crazy to stand there holding down the remote button for several seconds to close the windows, you may as well just close them before you get out of the car.
Has anyone looked at this or seen anything that might help me out please.
Thanks

Hi everyone,

Firstly great thread DJAlix, I have applied several mods to my S3 without issue. One mod I really want but can't seem to find (other than for older chassis) is automatic comfort closing on lock. To be clear I don't mean holding down the remote button, I mean lock the car and walk away. It seems crazy to stand there holding down the remote button for several seconds to close the windows, you may as well just close them before you get out of the car.
Has anyone looked at this or seen anything that might help me out please.
Thanks
:) Thanks! Is not all me tho, loads of great guys and gals in here.

I am working through my VCDS inbox at the moment (I am not ignoring anyone honest, just had to start managing things as my business got busy what with end of year approaching) and am almost done with a massive overhaul of the VCDS document, which now has both tested and untested sections, safety procedures (backup best practices for when the poo hits the fan) and a VCP section also. Reverse engineering Audi Drive Select has been eating a lot of my time, soooooo close :) Will be available in both PDF and iBooks formats also!

Automatic Closing on Remote Lock is something that is on my very long list of things to find / test. I have Friday set aside and will be spending pretty much all day in the car. Will update with what I find.

Am also using my best Germlish and Polishlish (VCP) in order to translate all the adaptation channels, massive time sink :( If anyone on here speaks German it would be great to have a 2nd / 3rd set of eyes on it wink wink!

Reactions: kc1174 and Salik Sajid
So... I am just gonna leave this here and see what happens! lol

* Please note this is still a work in progress

Attachments

• IMG_4906.JPG
    IMG_4906.JPG
    987.6 KB · Views: 1,036
Reactions: Rob2k68, cemerson, Martinbanshee and 1 other person
I need to analyse all the data collected from the before and after scans and adaptation maps before I can go any further... but I am seeing why RossTech have been reluctant to divulge any related information. More to come soon.

Reactions: JohnM100, cemerson, Martinbanshee and 1 other person
Ohhh OK I look forward to any info you get about the auto comfort close on lock. I'm also very impressed if you've cracked the green menu. Kudos to you lol