Decent eBay find...... S3 race car

Ah it's back. Was on pistonheads only a short while ago then sold shortly after now its back up. Bolt on arches ftw though.

This thing has been around for AGES. Used to see it at Combe a lot.

used to be white, was crashed at the ring during a redline feature about 4 years ago, disappeared And returned with the new grey / green colour scheme.

Nice car, cage is monkey spec though. Doesn't even use a front cage, just door bars bolted to the bulkhead :s

This is how it used to look:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...e-8l-a3-s3-out-there-any-pics.html#post909778

And redline did a feature on it too:

7665D37C-6B15-4748-9DA3-6F152A435107-2239-0000016AB4805FDE.jpg

This thing has been around for AGES. Used to see it at Combe a lot.

used to be white, was crashed at the ring during a redline feature about 4 years ago, disappeared And returned with the new grey / green colour scheme.

Nice car, cage is monkey spec though. Doesn't even use a front cage, just door bars bolted to the bulkhead :s
This is how it used to look:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...e-8l-a3-s3-out-there-any-pics.html#post909778

And redline did a feature on it too:

7665D37C-6B15-4748-9DA3-6F152A435107-2239-0000016AB4805FDE.jpg

I thought it may have been the same car when I was reading the description, and it had white door shuts etc.

I just thought price wise it's not bad for what has gone into it, and I don't know of many track cars that haven't been in the gravel or barrier at some point ........

That is some impact though,all because he was rushing around for the magazine shoot

On a random note, it's kinda made me want to see a plain matt black s3 now!

I'd rather have a roof on track car, just a personal preference of mine having rolled a previous vehicle....... roofs are handy things :)

Wasnt trying to put anyone off it, more just highlighting that the car has been around for a long time and has a well known history. Used to go well from what I remember back at Castle Combe, although I never came across it on track at the same time, which is a shame.

Mine's also been crashed, so who am I to judge :racer:

oh really? send him a link to that pic I posted..... it's the same car.

Look closely and you can just make out those dodgy rear light lenses it still wears in the crashed picture. Same car, same home made roll cage, same wheels, same crystal front lights. it wasn't reshelled when crashed, just repaired.

You got some pics from inside from when it was white then Alex? or do you just know the car?

I tried finding the redline article online, but couldn't find it anywhere. I was quite interested in reading it, as the car is apparently very good indeed.

I had the copy of the redline magazine at home somewhere unless its been thrown out. The magazine feature was years ago. I'll try and find it for you if your interested but it'll be a week as i'm off to Norway today.

oh really? send him a link to that pic I posted..... it's the same car.

Look closely and you can just make out those dodgy rear light lenses it still wears in the crashed picture. Same car, same home made roll cage, same wheels, same crystal front lights. it wasn't reshelled when crashed, just repaired.
It looks like he has sold it or had to many questions regarding the crash ...lol

to be honest, it sold about a year ago didn't it? so there's every chance that the guy might not know it's the redline feature car, and he might know nothing about the crash! It was well repaired from what I understood, but who knows. I've never had a good look up close.

Would love to go on track with it at some point! Would be cool if someone on the forum has bought it. Add in a front cage, and redo the exhaust and body colour (I'm sure it's a wrap?) and it'd be pretty awesome.

Same reg number if you look in the other thread I linked to the and ebay listing too :) 100% same car as we thought.

yeah, i'll have to take another look at the article - long time ago... probably me mis-remembering

That cage does look a bit suspicious. Even if it is a Safety devices one the mounting is far from ideal without any reinforcement added to the shell, particularly with fairly small feet like that has.

If I remember right I'm pretty sure I know the Journalist who was in the passenger seat when it was crashed, anyone with the magazine about fancy checking if I'm right or not? (I think it was a guy called Chris Pollit). If so then he may well be able to answer a few more questions about it.

what gets me is the door bar arrangement, no front cage, but single door bars which seemingly mount to the B-hoop then just bolt to the bulkhead at the front. Most odd.

Also, I don't like the way the whole rear part of the cage and diagonals mounts horizontally to the sides of the rear arches, bolts there are operating entirely in sheer, and it's on such a weak part of the shell it'd surely just rip in any impact.

Vorhees you legend...... I was considering it but he seemed well ignorant in his responses to my questions,

Well excuse me for wanting to know what I could be spending my money on!!!

That cage is some stolen scaffold , cold welded and sticks like glued together

Any one know where the bolt on arches come from? I did email the guy but he never replyed