Am I on my own !!

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
In thinking that recent car designs are truely awful ?.

Puegeot - Hideous front end on all new models, and the 1007 !....well
Renault - Shake that fat ar*e
BMW - Bangle may be brittish, but that dosen't make him a good designer !
Ford - Go faster models coming out look really too chavvy for my tastes.
Nissan - Different !

Audi's latest designs are simple yet affective at remaining up to date and modern. The SFG on smaller models i'm not totally sold on, but they may grow on me sooner than I first thought.

Mercedes's with it's newer models is one of the few to get designs right.

JMHO. Whats everyone else think ?

I agree upto a point but have to admit banlges babies are starting to grow on me. The 5 series in sport guise and in black is a sweet looking motor, same for the new 3 series as well.

Not keen on the X3 and X4 mind you.

J.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree upto a point but have to admit banlges babies are starting to grow on me. The 5 series in sport guise and in black is a sweet looking motor, same for the new 3 series as well.

Not keen on the X3 and X4 mind you.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, there is exceptions and I agree the new 3 series is indeed nice - without the 'slapped on boot lid' and I like the X5 also.

Not keen on the 5, unless it has a 'M' in front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and hence why we are all on here in the first place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

we pay extra for the privelidge of having a car that we like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have to agree with you Japper, i would include the plastic looking Vauxhalls too.

I'm not sold at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Have to agree with you Japper, i would include the plastic looking Vauxhalls too.

I'm not sold at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, forgot to add the 'cheap' look Vauxhalls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'd go with the Vauxhall thing with the exception of the VX220 and VX220 Turbo - very fine cars, in many ways better than the chassis doner!

You said it Japper - "IMHO"

I think the all the BMW's are fantastic looking. In an Audi forum of course the Audi is going to be a great looking car - in a BMW forum of course the Audi is gonna be crap and visa versa. What’s your point? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

All German cars have oozes of style but I'm in agreement that French euro trash styling on the production line at the moment is vile and as for Jap cr@p, never have liked the styling.

On a better not my BMW has officially done a 1.9Tdi A3 - I pulled at least 11 cars away from him in 5th gear and he was trying as he had a look of disappointment all over his face.

Also I have raced my colleague in his A3 2.0Tdi and had quantum amounts of power left over to pass him had I not been on a single lane road.

Mrs I have an Audi A6 avant 2.8 could not keep up after she cut me up on the middle lane of the M23 and then I pulled out into the fast lane and burnt her by at least 5 car lengths - she gave chase but I slowed to let her pass as I was approaching an ridiculous speed. The funny thing was she had the audacity to show her middle finger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif all in a days driving....

[ QUOTE ]
You said it Japper - "IMHO"

I think the all the BMW's are fantastic looking. In an Audi forum of course the Audi is going to be a great looking car - in a BMW forum of course the Audi is gonna be crap and visa versa. What’s your point? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

All German cars have oozes of style but I'm in agreement that French euro trash styling on the production line at the moment is vile and as for Jap cr@p, never have liked the styling.

On a better not my BMW has officially done a 1.9Tdi A3 - I pulled at least 11 cars away from him in 5th gear and he was trying as he had a look of disappointment all over his face.

Also I have raced my colleague in his A3 2.0Tdi and had quantum amounts of power left over to pass him had I not been on a single lane road.

Mrs I have an Audi A6 avant 2.8 could not keep up after she cut me up on the middle lane of the M23 and then I pulled out into the fast lane and burnt her by at least 5 car lengths - she gave chase but I slowed to let her pass as I was approaching an ridiculous speed. The funny thing was she had the audacity to show her middle finger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif all in a days driving....

[/ QUOTE ]

Steady on NSD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This was not meant as a 'Pro' Audi post, just a point made against 90% of recent car designs. True I am not a fan of 'Bangle' designs but everyone has their own taste. It was more of a hit at the mainsteam marques though.

What was the point about 'mine is faster than yours' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

hey I was only messin Japper ya old dog.

The bit about my cvar is faster than yours does not exsist - at least I couldnt find that part in my post above...

Maybe you where refering to the "additional" off topic post to let you know how my car was going.... I started the paragraph by saying

[ QUOTE ]
On a better not

[/ QUOTE ] which was ment to say on a better note...

Youre right BMW, merc and Audi designs are not everyones cuppa tea.

Ta ta

[ QUOTE ]
On a better not

[/ QUOTE ] which was ment to say on a better note...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, sorry mate !

[ QUOTE ]
That BMW is seriously getting to your head now NSD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me how? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Is it because I have some serious power at last or is it because Ive been looking for Audis to race to stregnthen my decision on buying the BMW? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NSD, have you had your remapped already?

[/ QUOTE ]

No not yet, waiting till Ive had enough fun as stock. Besides there may well be a group buy on the forums for remaps..if they allow me in on the deal as I think my remap is a feww hundred quid more than the Audi's.

Thats it mate you may as well enjoy stock as much as you can ...get use to the feel and handling completely then when you do remap you can enjoy it all over again and know what the car is capable of! BE careful in the wet though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Errr... Yes you are.... It was the curry you ate last week thats coming out now....! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Errr... Yes you are.... It was the curry you ate last week thats coming out now....! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this was the wrong thread?

Awwww.. C'mon TD... Where's yer sense of humour? Get out of bed the wrong way today, bang your head perhaps??Only kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif..... you're usually on the same wave length ... ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

It wasn't on the wrong thread, I was poking fun at the Subject header "Am I on my own??" but obviously it hit the wall and slid down missing its mark...

Sorry I had to S_P_E_L_L it out for you.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ha, understood now.

Sometimes things have to be spelt out, as the old gray matter doesn't comprehend the same thought patterns when they are typed down.

Anyway, good one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
....boring!

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, they're less boxy than they used to be. Never been a merc fan, but the styling isn't that bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gotta love the new Alfa's the Brera and the 157 (is it 157?) just gorgeous looks on a mainstream car. Shame about the reliability.

i agree the new brera is stunning, but i s'pose it has to be as you'll be sat on the side of the road looking at it most of the time! - only joking, has their reliability improved at all?

I think its a shame BMW and others are going to these flat dashes now, so its cheaper to convert from LHD to RHD i guess, but it doesn't make you feel as involved as a driver.