few pics of my baby

M12RJX

Reaction score
hello all

finally got my car how i want it looking well close enough thought id post some pics up n c what you all think!its the 210 engine

to do list- number plate and sidelight leds
- stage 1 remap
-miltek exhaust

thats about it :) tell me what you all think ! cant wait to get it remapped i used to have a vxr astra which was 285 bhp..then changed to a mk5 r32 which was standard at 250bhp decided to sell the r32 and put some money away and buy something reasonable with power n nice interior and chose the s3!quite a very good car considering its age!just want that bit of extra and power to put a nice big smile on my face!!!!lol

S3 new
534199 3986599496810 389929060 n1530134 3977919879825 750978504 n2

Looks good. Have you wrapped the door blades? They look darker than standard in the 3rd picture. Nice contrast against the red.

How do you find it vs the R32 and VXR (performance/handling/interior)? I've had my S3 (2003) for a few years now and think it's a great all-rounder, especially once mapped and with a few upgrades vs standard. Certainly comes into its own in the winter when the roads are slippery compared to other FWD / RWD cars.

Looks good. Have you wrapped the door blades? They look darker than standard in the 3rd picture. Nice contrast against the red.

How do you find it vs the R32 and VXR (performance/handling/interior)? I've had my S3 (2003) for a few years now and think it's a great all-rounder, especially once mapped and with a few upgrades vs standard. Certainly comes into its own in the winter when the roads are slippery compared to other FWD / RWD cars.

there standard grey mate was thinkin of either wrapping them gloss black to but thought if i do them black i want to do the front insert and rear bumper but quiet like them as they are dont want to over do it!lol this car compared to the vxr handles much better as its fwd and the inside is much nicer to you can defo tell the difference in quality lol vxr interior isnt that bad but u know lol.as for power my vxr was remapped to 285 with a full turbo back exhaust and i really miss that amount of power so that is a issue at the minute.

r32 inside out was a amazing car!inside was perfect for space and comfort defo a all arounder only thing lacking was power coming from a turbo car but other then that i cud live with that v6 noise all day long!cracking car!sold it due to investing some money into a future business as to why i purchased the s3 as i thought it was in good shape and with a few mods could potentialy be a nice fast car. any advice on what to do first exhaust or a remap?

thanks

Remap, made no end of difference to my car and I wanted to stay 100% standard.

Remap, made no end of difference to my car and I wanted to stay 100% standard.

lol so a remap is the first thing! been quoted £250 from r tech with a rolling road print before and after just waiting for some funds to come in. i wanted a exhaust just cus of the noise i mis from my vxr and r32 lol but a remap would probally benefit me more!got to say ur s3 looks amazing!wish mines came with the chrome mirrors!

There are always some circling around on eBay mate! Mine were on eBay no doubt after getting pinched just before Xmas :( Costly replacement and they left a scar on the paintwork :angrymod:

There are always some circling around on eBay mate! Mine were on eBay no doubt after getting pinched just before Xmas :( Costly replacement and they left a scar on the paintwork :angrymod:

ye i have seen a few cant tell the difference without seeing them in the flesh cus i knw u can get some cheap plastic type covers to. might just do them black to match the theme. what remap u got on urs?? did u have 210 engine big difference in power? better n fuel??

very nice looking car, remap, d.v valve with change it completely, mines maped and i have had a play with my mates 2009 vxr artic (which has been maped, turbo back etc) both on the road and the 1/4 and theres not much in it, on the 1/4 im abit quicker, the s3's do feel a bit flat stock.

very nice looking car, remap, d.v valve with change it completely, mines maped and i have had a play with my mates 2009 vxr artic (which has been maped, turbo back etc) both on the road and the 1/4 and theres not much in it, on the 1/4 im abit quicker, the s3's do feel a bit flat stock.

could you tell me rougly how much id be looking at paying for a dv valve,iv been quoted 250 fora remap from r tech? thats probally the two mods i want to do til i can afford a full exhaust or just a cat back for some noise.thats quite shocking to think that as i would have thought all that power in the vxr it would fly by as mine was around 285 290bhp but i suppose the 4wd comes into place n the weight difference.

i dont want to go to mad as i know with the mileage on 95k i dont want to spend too much being with the age of the car to as its a 2000 registered model so im not planning on going to crazy lol ithink a remap n a dv valve may jus keep me happy!

remap, dv, TIP, and a 3 inch downpipe and decat and you'l be more than happy with both performance and sound.

the downpipe and decat makes more of a difference than a catback for both sound and power, so dont bother spending the 500+ on a milltek, invest 250 into the downpipe and decat. winner winner chicken dinner

remap, dv, TIP, and a 3 inch downpipe and decat and you'l be more than happy with both performance and sound.

the downpipe and decat makes more of a difference than a catback for both sound and power, so dont bother spending the 500+ on a milltek, invest 250 into the downpipe and decat. winner winner chicken dinner

Lool sounds gud to me! Wats a TIP? Lol defo going in this order remap,dv,then a decat or down pipe jus waiting on a few funds to arrive! Lol

Welcome, looks like you are defo on the road now, car looks good mate :)