What do you hate???

Being let down when someone promises to help you and then casually says I can’t now, even though it’s been planned for months and it’s now going to cost me an extra £180

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Being let down when someone promises to help you and then casually says I can’t now, even though it’s been planned for months and it’s now going to cost me an extra £180

Anything the good members on this forum can help you with Phil?

Anything the good members on this forum can help you with Phil?

No . I’ve widened my drive so I can get all the way around the car to clean it. Ordered 1 ton of hardcore, paving, sand etc. A so called friend that’s a farmer said if I put all the soil in those 1 ton bags he would take it away. It’s been planned for months. I moved 2 bags full into the front garden, he knows I’m doing it, then casually says “I don’t know how your going to get rid of that. I can’t get the trailer until October”. To say I’m ****** is an understatement especially as I spent 3 day recently detailing his BMW

Reactions: Ghost and Audi Bairn
No . To say I’m ****** is an understatement especially as I spent 3 day recently detailing his BMW

This is in the right thread.. I hate people letting me down. Hope you get it all sorted.

Reactions: Phil-1

This is in the right thread.. I hate people letting me down. Hope you get it all sorted.

Thanks. All sorted now. Was going to get a skip and move it myself but found a company that came and collected it all for £50. So not as bad as the £180 I was originally quoted

Reactions: Audi Bairn and martin1984
Adverts that get stuck in your head! If I had a pound for every time I've sang "someone's knocking at the door, someone's ringing the bell"...

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ghost
Adverts that get stuck in your head! If I had a pound for every time I've sang "someone's knocking at the door, someone's ringing the bell"...

Thanks !!!
I now have this running around inside my head

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Ghost and DieselJake
Ha ha ha I hate that one with a passion along with the nation wide adverts

I tell you what I hate this week. When you go into a public toilet and go to use the cubicle and the idiot inside hasn't locked the door. Trust me pal I don't want to see your junk!!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost and DieselJake
People that scam our members

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Ghost and Phil-1

Anyone remember this..

Not a great one to have in your head and be singing out loud!!

Enjoy!! Hehe

Reactions: johnnythepie, Raiden and Sandra
I hate when the driver at the head of the queue at the lights ALWAYS seems to be caught completely by surprise when the lights change. I can virtually HEAR their thought process. It goes something like this :

'Ah. Now the pretty lights just changed colour............... Right, that means I have to do something. Ok I think it means I have to go. Right, how do I do that? Errrr...OK, guess I need a gear to move off then. Perhaps 1st might do it. I'll give it a shot. Right, how do I do that then. Perhaps the clutch? Now, which pedals that then? Nope, not the middle one. Lets try the left one. OK, now pick a gear. Probably 1st if memory serves. OK, got that, but need to use it & some of the other pedals to move I think. The right one makes the car louder so thats one of them. If I use that one along with the clutch thingy, maybe that'll do it. Wayhay! we have movement. I love it when a plan comes together!'

Meantime, two other cars get to go & the light changes again.
Now the next car, with a driver who has the attention span of a goldfish, is now sitting & waiting his/her turn to be completely surprised by the lights changing.

I KNOW you all know what I mean. AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

And I hate lots more stuff too!

Reactions: Ozmosis, Audi Bairn, Raiden and 2 others
I hate when the driver at the head of the queue at the lights ALWAYS seems to be caught completely by surprise when the lights change. I can virtually HEAR their thought process. It goes something like this :

'Ah. Now the pretty lights just changed colour............... Right, that means I have to do something. Ok I think it means I have to go. Right, how do I do that? Errrr...OK, guess I need a gear to move off then. Perhaps 1st might do it. I'll give it a shot. Right, how do I do that then. Perhaps the clutch? Now, which pedals that then? Nope, not the middle one. Lets try the left one. OK, now pick a gear. Probably 1st if memory serves. OK, got that, but need to use it & some of the other pedals to move I think. The right one makes the car louder so thats one of them. If I use that one along with the clutch thingy, maybe that'll do it. Wayhay! we have movement. I love it when a plan comes together!'

Now the next car, with a driver who has the attention span of a goldfish, is now sitting & waiting his/her turn to be completely surprised by the lights changing.

I’m so laughing at that. Happens all the time, I think these people are waiting for a written invitation to proceed.

Reactions: Ozmosis and Audi Bairn

great one , followed closely by the " pull up to the line " sign at traffic lights.
there is a set of lights near me that have a sign, clearly says as above , and what happens when a car is in front of me , they stop 10 feet short of the line.....why, are they afraid of the lights bitting them......and when it does go to green they crawl over at 1 mph and no one else can get over in time....really the mind boggles sometimes...

And I always shout at them thinking they can hear me . It's either:

Hurry up you tw@t!!! Or come on before Xmas!!!

Reactions: THQuattro and martin1984
BMW drivers (and a few Audi drivers, most likely former BMW drivers). Somehow they think driving like an a$$hole is completely justified and a god given right...

Reactions: Sandra, Audi Bairn and THQuattro
I hate the cyclists today who thought they were in the peloton in the freakin’ Tour de France on the last few miles into St. Andrews.
Caused a 2 mile tail back at 10mph when there’s an excellent EMPTY cycle path running next to the road for that very reason.
It’s not a dash cam I need, it heat seeking missiles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Ghost, THQuattro, Sandra and 2 others
I think I created a monster!!!!

Now my wife when we first got together was very quiet and never argued with anyone and especially when she was in the right. Just hated confrontation.

Now one of our tenants owes some rent and he has been late paying for about 6 months. Now I think shes been taking notes from me the last couple years as she wasn't happy the rent was £200 short last month. I went to go talk to the tenant to sort it out and she said b0ll0cks to this i'm coming with you as your obviously getting too soft!!!!! So I knocked and told him look this isn't good enough and the bank wants their money and he just fobbed me off. She went mad and told him STOP DRINKING YOUR RENT MONEY AND GIVING THE REST TO YOUR DRUGGIE MATES!!! I want my money!!!! He said I think its time you both leave and he shut the door. Then 10 mins later my phone rang and it was him. She said give me that phone and she gave him more verbal GBH and he said he would pay an extra £40 a month until he's paid it off. Well ****** me money was due today and he paid. Think she's right im getting softer as I am getting older

Reactions: DieselJake and Sandra
I think I created a monster!!!!

Now my wife when we first got together was very quiet and never argued with anyone and especially when she was in the right. Just hated confrontation.

Now one of our tenants owes some rent and he has been late paying for about 6 months. Now I think shes been taking notes from me the last couple years as she wasn't happy the rent was £200 short last month. I went to go talk to the tenant to sort it out and she said b0ll0cks to this i'm coming with you as your obviously getting too soft!!!!! So I knocked and told him look this isn't good enough and the bank wants their money and he just fobbed me off. She went mad and told him STOP DRINKING YOUR RENT MONEY AND GIVING THE REST TO YOUR DRUGGIE MATES!!! I want my money!!!! He said I think its time you both leave and he shut the door. Then 10 mins later my phone rang and it was him. She said give me that phone and she gave him more verbal GBH and he said he would pay an extra £40 a month until he's paid it off. Well ****** me money was due today and he paid. Think she's right im getting softer as I am getting older
You taught her well. :) x

Reactions: Raiden
I had a similar moment the other day, went to the cinema with my girlfriend, ordered tickets from the bloke and received them to completely the wrong movie/time so went back and he goes the one we wanted to watch is now sold out but we can watch it at a later time which we hesitently agreed to. Obviously this wasn't the best scenario and I was happy just taking this plonker's name to the cinema's social media pages but my girlfriend said we need to speak to a manager so she did that and we got our tickets refunded and some free food.

My PC. I was Just in the proses of backing it up when it decided to give up and stop working. Looks like the “C” Drive has died. Thankfully everything is on another drive.

Ah, That's because its a PC & because it can. That's what I tell people whenever they ask why their PC died (see a lot of them in the NHS....) :grumpy:

Reactions: Sandra
OK. Picture it - you're cruising along, perfectly happy, and the lights change to red whilst you're still a good distance from them.
Right, slow down progressively as you approach, hoping they'll change again before you get to them.
You go slower ........ And slower.....................AND slower. Right down to barely perceptible movement.
Finally come to a complete standstill - AND THE BA%TARD changes the instant you stop!!!!!!
Timed to the nanosecond, using a Caesium Beam Frequency Standard (an Atomic clock - I used to use them in a previous job). AGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! SO ****** ANNOYING! Now my equanimity is ruined & the air appears to be blue.................

Reactions: Ghost, martin1984 and Sandra
OK. Picture it - you're cruising along, perfectly happy, and the lights change to red whilst you're still a good distance from them.
Right, slow down progressively as you approach, hoping they'll change again before you get to them.
You go slower ........ And slower.....................AND slower. Right down to barely perceptible movement.
Finally come to a complete standstill - AND THE BA%TARD changes the instant you stop!!!!!!
Timed to the nanosecond, using a Caesium Beam Frequency Standard (an Atomic clock - I used to use them in a previous job). AGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! SO ****** ANNOYING! Now my equanimity is ruined & the air appears to be blue.................
Sounds like my 5mile drive to work though 9 sets of lights that some how are all either on red or change to red as i get there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
I hate the cyclists today who thought they were in the peloton in the freakin’ Tour de France on the last few miles into St. Andrews.
Caused a 2 mile tail back at 10mph when there’s an excellent EMPTY cycle path running next to the road for that very reason.
It’s not a dash cam I need, it heat seeking missiles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to work with a few avid cyclists and they were always complaining about cycle paths being full of gravel, dog S *** , etc etc and if they were adjacent to the main road then all sorts get flung over and that's why they don't use them as far as I am aware .
Me I think they should be made use them regardless ……….

Reactions: Audi Bairn
The NUMPTIES driving up the M74 in heavy rain with the spray from lorries WITHOUT ANY LIGHTS ON and pulling out into fast lane without looking, TOSSERS …………………….
Rant over …..

Reactions: Audi Bairn, martin1984 and BarryG79
Well just had a screaming row with my neighbor. Good entertainment for everyone else.

Just pulled up on MY DRIVEWAY and some woman on it parked like a Muppet. I said to her nicely who are you visiting and she Reg and he it's ok to park here. I said it's not but just straighten up your car as if my tenant see's you in her space she'll moan at me. So she did.

I'm walking to my door and Reg says from his door what you moaning about!!!! I said your mate needs to park straight so my tenants can park up. He said well Manny in the shop said I could park therr. I told him I'm the landlord and he's the tenant so I can do what I want on my property!!!! Plus it's nothing to do with you so shut your mouth!!!! Then he's saying to me your always moaning. I said let's sort out the problem, why you got the hump with me?? He said because I told him off for doing work in his garden at 7am annoyed him and that I was out of order. I told him NO work by law can start at 8am but I'll tell you what I'll start with a sledgehammer outside your door Monday shall i at 7!!!!

He slammed the door on me and I was fuming. My wife said wtf is going . So I googled it and found I was right. So I went for round 2 and knocked on his door and said to his wife tell that idiot to read this!!! He's then giving it large. I said stop hiding behind your wife and come here and say it to my face you pr!CK!!! Anyway he kept hiding and shouting and I just said naff off you short bald tw@t!!!! Come knock on my door if you're brave or say to sorry. Then walking to my place another neighbor coming home said hello and he could see we just had a row. He thought it was funny. He's been wanting to tell that idiot off for years.

Looks like I'll never get my hands on those Liverpool tickets again
04079b70dec1fc979673d3440d1cc184.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro
Well just had a screaming row with my neighbor. Good entertainment for everyone else.

Just pulled up on MY DRIVEWAY and some woman on it parked like a Muppet. I said to her nicely who are you visiting and she Reg and he it's ok to park here. I said it's not but just straighten up your car as if my tenant see's you in her space she'll moan at me. So she did.

I'm walking to my door and Reg says from his door what you moaning about!!!! I said your mate needs to park straight so my tenants can park up. He said well Manny in the shop said I could park therr. I told him I'm the landlord and he's the tenant so I can do what I want on my property!!!! Plus it's nothing to do with you so shut your mouth!!!! Then he's saying to me your always moaning. I said let's sort out the problem, why you got the hump with me?? He said because I told him off for doing work in his garden at 7am annoyed him and that I was out of order. I told him NO work by law can start at 8am but I'll tell you what I'll start with a sledgehammer outside your door Monday shall i at 7!!!!

He slammed the door on me and I was fuming. My wife said wtf is going . So I googled it and found I was right. So I went for round 2 and knocked on his door and said to his wife tell that idiot to read this!!! He's then giving it large. I said stop hiding behind your wife and come here and say it to my face you pr!CK!!! Anyway he kept hiding and shouting and I just said naff off you short bald tw@t!!!! Come knock on my door if you're brave or say to sorry. Then walking to my place another neighbor coming home said hello and he could see we just had a row. He thought it was funny. He's been wanting to tell that idiot off for years.

Looks like I'll never get my hands on those Liverpool tickets again
04079b70dec1fc979673d3440d1cc184.jpg

Ive just read you other post about your parking problems as you probably know you're in a really tough situation as you can't do a lot as it's private land therefore no authorities will be willing to help here's a link to the RAC page on private on people parking on private property and how there's nothing you can really do and The Old bill won't do an event over as it's classed as a civil matter as it's trespassing also claming is now legal on private property.
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/legal/parking-on-someone-elses-driveway/

Ive just read you other post about your parking problems as you probably know you're in a really tough situation as you can't do a lot as it's private land therefore no authorities will be willing to help here's a link to the RAC page on private on people parking on private property and how there's nothing you can really do and The Old bill won't do an event over as it's classed as a civil matter as it's trespassing also claming is now legal on private property.
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/legal/parking-on-someone-elses-driveway/

Yeah i've been looking at this over the weekend. Your right not a lot I can do and don't really want to be petty but I think i'll go back to what I used to do when my wife had the shop. I'll just park my car as close as I can to the drivers side to pi55 people off that shouldn't be there. Think only once someone has asked me to move but I refused and said don't park here again. I'll speak to the guy who rents the shop now and ask what has he told this tw@t and from now on d!ckhead can't park on the shop front. If he says sorry I was wrong we can go back to normal and he better throw in some tickets!!!!

Yeah i've been looking at this over the weekend. Your right not a lot I can do and don't really want to be petty but I think i'll go back to what I used to do when my wife had the shop. I'll just park my car as close as I can to the drivers side to pi55 people off that shouldn't be there. Think only once someone has asked me to move but I refused and said don't park here again. I'll speak to the guy who rents the shop now and ask what has he told this tw@t and from now on d!ckhead can't park on the shop front. If he says sorry I was wrong we can go back to normal and he better throw in some tickets!!!!
You could park them in then when they ask you to move say sorry ive had a few drinks cant drive till tomorrow lol.

You could park them in then when they ask you to move say sorry ive had a few drinks cant drive till tomorrow lol.

I never thought of saying that. I've always said sorry TV won't watch itself!!! Being drunk is a much better excuse

Reactions: martin1984
I know i'm going on a bit but this neighbor of mine I think has some serious mental health issues!!!!

My wife was telling me last (she didn't say at the time as she knows what i'm like) when we had building work done he walked into our place when we were both at work and gave the builders are hard time asking what are we having done and poking around our property. Apparently the builders phoned my wife to ask who this idiot was and what to do with him. This was 3 years ago. What goes on in that thick skull of his I don't know!!!!!

Reactions: voorhees
Blimey a £100 fine just for driving close to cyclists is insane! I drive relatively close then make sure the car blows black smoke on them because I'm nice like that :happy: best of it is I also go to work on my relatively fast electric bike and tend to go on the pavement but when I'm in the road couldn't care less about cars, this morning a bloke was going up my backside (when I was doing 30 in a 30!) so I gave him some sign language and didn't let him past :playful: suppose the thing is cars hate cyclists and cyclists hate cars.

Reactions: Sandra, martin1984 and Ghost
Morons driving in torrential rain with no lights on, or just DRL’s. Then also the muppet who put fog lights on in rain. Eejits!

The cyclist coming towards me yesterday spitting onto the road while cycling ,I shouted at him that's disgusting but got told to F*** Off .
The taxi who passed me in a local village while I was doing 29 mph in a 30 limit at 0130 this morning then left me standing after this and I was doing 70.TOSSERS …..If I had got his full registration number I would have called his boss and reported him , They are supposed to be professional drivers ***.

Reactions: Raiden
Caught up with my neighbour today and discussed our issues so we are more or less cool now. He admitted he was wrong after I said I won't tolerate your nonsense. I did a Brian Clough

Well you can choose your friends but not your family.

Was due to inherit some money earlier this year and I've just heard nothing. Chased my uncle and he has more or less screwed me and my sister out of the money.

To be honest it's not the money that hurts but the fact my dad's only brother did this and I'm shocked. My dad told me before he died you can trust him and he'll never let you down but unfortunately greed has poisoned him.

Even tho my niece and nephew are not related to me by blood I could never do that to them or sleep at night if anything like that happened.

Looks like I need to find a good solicitor

Well you can choose your friends but not your family.

Was due to inherit some money earlier this year and I've just heard nothing. Chased my uncle and he has more or less screwed me and my sister out of the money.

To be honest it's not the money that hurts but the fact my dad's only brother did this and I'm shocked. My dad told me before he died you can trust him and he'll never let you down but unfortunately greed has poisoned him.

Even tho my niece and nephew are not related to me by blood I could never do that to them or sleep at night if anything like that happened.

Looks like I need to find a good solicitor

Well thats a shame what money does to people but if your not bother about the money is w9rth the hassle and possabilty of ripping the family apart and the stress it causes just leave and like they say you camt miss what you never had.

Well thats a shame what money does to people but if your not bother about the money is w9rth the hassle and possabilty of ripping the family apart and the stress it causes just leave and like they say you camt miss what you never had.

Can I walk away from 200k? It's only really my uncle that will stop talking to me. Just can't believe it and the BS he came out with why he wants our share. You made a mess of your finances pal not me. No one made you shag these women and have kids with them. Starting to see why the oldest kid don't bother with him

Reactions: THQuattro and martin1984