ASN's Pub

Welly bumble sounded amazing when she went past. Still can't believe you went round on them sunny's you crazy mofo ;)

Yeah, they were ****, and not very grippy in the corners - but meh. Everyone caught me up in the corners. Until the straights...

Bye bye TDI Golf. :bye:

Bumble's throttle body is deadded. Booooo.

Investigations into this will start - Bill and I both suspect the Water Methanol has eaten through the seals, and killed the circuit board....

More on this in the 8L section when I've had a look.

Bumble's throttle body is deadded. Booooo.

Investigations into this will start - Bill and I both suspect the Water Methanol has eaten through the seals, and killed the circuit board....

More on this in the 8L section when I've had a look.

Oh ****!

So i'm guessing this is something to consider when going WMI!?

Oh ****!

So i'm guessing this is something to consider when going WMI!?

It's potentially looking that way - although I do need to take it apart, get some photos and do a bit of digging on the matter.

There are some potential workarounds...

Does running WMI have any other negative effects?

No to be honest, and this is the first negative effect I have heard of.

Rubber doesn't deal well with methanol basically, and will get munched.

As far as I am concerned, the benefits outweigh the losses.

I think there would be more discussion if it kills TB as there are loads of people running it...you can see how it could damage it though under boost, there is a fair bit of pressure in there..

Thats the same issue that can happen with biodiesel.
the meth kills fuel seals and other such rubber bits.

Welly, if it has eaten the rubber on the body, will that effect other rubber seals with in the fuel system?

I think there would be more discussion if it kills TB as there are loads of people running it...you can see how it could damage it though under boost, there is a fair bit of pressure in there..

Yeah, there have been others though to date, both SCN members, both running meth, one user has been through 2 TBs.

Thats the same issue that can happen with biodiesel.
the meth kills fuel seals and other such rubber bits.

Welly, if it has eaten the rubber on the body, will that effect other rubber seals with in the fuel system?

Injector seals is the only other one really, although they are far meatier.

Welly can you upgrade the seals with metal gaskets?

Not in the TB annoyingly.

I will let you know what I find later. I did use about 2.5 litres of 50/50 meth at Combe which is the most I have ever used, the seals would have been under constant bombardment.

When have you ever been busy?? Anyone with free time is more than welcome to come work with me... I'll pay you in fish & chips ;)

I would love to enter the wmi conv, but frankly the only TB I know of left a scare on my arm :meeting:

Last edited:
hey!
i see again, without prior warning, notice or anything, my avatar has been removed by the fun police!
OH MY GOD! GET A GRIP! VERY VERY SAD!

yes dave!
i kid you not! i had a rather nice little nike avatar with just did it! which was kind of like a tadpole!
then obviously somebody with no lead in there pencil decided to remove it, no warning given,,,,,,,,,,

First day working for Vospers, not what I was expecting at all!

Today I drove a 370Z, a Peugeot RCZ, a 3 MPS, an RX8 Evo, a Focus RS and an MX5.

First there was the tedy bear
5271090918_a50533da43.jpg

Now there is this
michelin14x6-2.jpg

Lol chez, didn't see it but going off some Of Yr previous gifs was it a and annoying haha

Jardo what's the deal with that ? Sales or just going for a spin